Game Streaming Services - Stadia, Geforce Now, xCloud, PS Now

spronk

FPS noob
i had to go babysit my niece and nephew today and took my stadia, chromecast, and switch and played Destiny 2 on my sisters TV. It honestly wasn't too bad. It wasn't ideal of course, but visually and speed wise it was fine. The big problem of course is player base, sat matchmaking for both "classic" and rumble and literally got NO games in 10 minutes each. Zero. One or two other players would join the hopper for a minute or two but back off when nothing would start. And this is a day after "launch", this shit is gonna be deader than dead in 1 week. After 1 hour of fucking around with Destiny 2, and everything was fine, I was bored and we all played Mario Party on switch instead.

Again its too bad they fucked this up so badly. If they couldn't have exclusive games to bundle, they shoulda given Epic $50m and gotten Fortnite at launch. I'd be happy as a clam playing Fortnite for an hour or two, cross play and all that jazz. They should have thrown in a good SP game like AC Odyssey, Witcher 3, etc as a freebie so people have a long game to play against. Its just crazy how few fucks they seem to give.

You have until Dec 4th to return a launch stadia, I'll be doing that. 2 week free trial basically.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can't really blame Google for that, it's on Bungie.
Yeah but you'd think they'd have worked something out for their new console knowing they won't have big numbers from the start. Don't the games run on PC anyway? Shouldn't they have crossplay with PC at least?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not completely related but since this last update, using certain weapons in Destiny 2 kicks my PCs fans on super high for a bit then back to normal, it's weird.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
What happens to the games you bought 9 months from now when Google shuts this down?

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
What happens to the games you bought 9 months from now when Google shuts this down?

You get an email saying, "Thank you so much for using our service! we have gone ahead and credited your account for the trade-in value of the games and device. Please enjoy our other entertainment options from the Google Play Store!"

Then they close shop the same way they do with everything.

Google, who woulda thought, they are a multi-billion dollar company that puts out the most retarded bullshit. They are a victim of their politics, hiring diverse not the best. They, as well as facebook, won't need an anti-trust because they are so inept that their company will flush as soon as there is a competitor that kills them as fast as facebook killed MySpace.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Shhhh. We don't talk about that.

Image result for hush gif

• 1Worf

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
9 Months? A bit optimistic arent we? Google will have to pull a hell of a rabbit out if its hat to turn this flaming garbage bin around. Or maybe they secretly worked on google fiber across north America while no one was looking.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Just like any other Google service they have backed out of, *poof* I think you might get some credit toward you're google play account, but all the games and a heavy portion of the money will be gone when they pull the plug on the cluster, it's just a matter of time now.

spronk

FPS noob
i generated a return label no problem, it prints out an overnite fedex label will send it back tomorrow I'm pretty sure you get a full refund. so no real loss except time spent setting up. these things still sell on ebay for $200+ but i don't want to deal with scumbags who chargeback and shit so back to google it goes

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Thankfully the controller is gender-neutral, finally somebody tackled one of the more important issues of our time.

spronk

FPS noob
got a full refund on my credit card ($140) for the stadia return, I still have a stadia account but its basic bitch level with no games attached. I could pay $60 and buy 2 year old games (lol) and play I suppose?

Happy I tried it, it more or less met expectations as far as performance and visuals go, not great but not wii level. Destiny 2 ran fine but I really have zero desire to honestly play Destiny 2 on anything other than a PC anymore. With zero compelling games to play just on stadia, there is no reason to buy one other than you travel all the time and for some bizarre reason really, really want to play RDR 2, Assassins Creed Odyssey, and Destiny 2 in random hotels and AirBNBs.

Still, if you try it out you have 2 weeks to do so pretty risk free, they pay for everything if you return it. You get to keep your stadia account but it reverts to basic level, only 1080p supported and you'd have to buy a game to play it.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

TLDW: The latency isn't actually that bad all things considered, but the platform and Google's approach to it is fundamentally flawed, and there were many problems involved with getting things to actually work.