GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My point is, even if it was ice then it's still ultimately magic vs magic and it's silly complaining how unrealistic their interaction is
the wall is ice mixed in with magic. so you could say the Ice part is immune to more ice while the magic aspects of both flame and wall cancel each other out. i'm only half serious about this as i dont really give a shit this much, but if the land of always winter is converting man, bears and giants into ice men, ice bears and ice giants then its only logical that they would also create ice dragons. despite what gavinpoo yells at me about.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm still calling it:

The Whitewalkers end up over running and killing damn near everyone

Bran wargs into his past self and stops him from climbing up the tower and telling everyone about Cersei and Jaime bumpin' uglies

When he unwargs, the timeline has now been changed with the 7 kingdoms now fully united against the walkers and defeated them and loads of people alive again up to and including Ned

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My personal guess is that once he was part of the way through the Winds of Winter he realized there was no way he was going to be able to conclude the series (and have it meet his standards) with just the final two books. He also doesn't want to write more than two books. He then convinced himself that if he wrote each chapter perfectly he could do it. Now he's seven or eight years in to writing it and that isn't really working either but he's put in so much time on it he can't change course.

I honestly have no expectation he'll ever finish A Song of Ice and Fire. He can write other books in that universe and people really like the show and that's enough.

I think he shouldn't finish it.

Or leave it as a deathbed thing. Have it all stowed away and written into his will. When he dies, the executor makes sure a publisher is charged with copying what he has and putting it out there as official but also unofficial at the same time-- whether its "finished" or not is up to GRRM. But he really needs some way to take some weight off his back, and this would be a way.

1) This spares people any disappointment.

2) It also allows GRRM to write more freely (getting something is better than nothing, right now we've basically got nothing) knowing that he won't be fully held responsible and that the impact of the final books on his legacy will be counter-weighted by the fact he never actually published it himself, but left the option open to publish it.

The guy needs to loosen his pen up, he's obviously choked.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Isn't it entirely possible that part of the deal with HBO was that he wasn't allowed to finish the books before the end of the series? Even if his publisher had a say in the matter, throwing enough money at them to allow it is feasible.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Watched s7 again. The only hard criticism I have for GoT, separately from the books, is its hurried pace roughly beginning with s3 and bits of contrivance that have carried on since. All of which are acceptable given few episodes each season. Prefer efficiency over extraneous yackety bullshit so that is good for me personally. The season is better upon a second viewing which is the sign of well constructed material. In terms of a dispassionate appraisal it is one of the better shows, regardless of genre. The dialogue is usually natural thus one of its strengths.

The show is not as creative as it was before season five, though it is not unheard of that people enjoy complaining. The time travel arguments are valid as are quite a few others. The ironborn fleet for one. Main problem is the final episode. Littlefinger's death was not well written. Jon Snow's parentage should have been one of the most inspired reveals in Game of Thrones. Instead the scene fell flat, even for a new viewer years from now I'd wager. Although there is one thing from ep 7 I though was underwhelming at first, now not so much. The wall. That scene is quiet, no dialogue, just destruction. /Nods head. Damn right.

Sterling

El Presidente
Watched s7 again. The only hard criticism I have for GoT, separately from the books, is its hurried pace roughly beginning with s3 and bits of contrivance that have carried on since. All of which are acceptable given few episodes each season. Prefer efficiency over extraneous yackety bullshit so that is good for me personally. The season is better upon a second viewing which is the sign of well constructed material. In terms of a dispassionate appraisal it is one of the better shows, regardless of genre. The dialogue is usually natural thus one of its strengths.

The show is not as creative as it was before season five, though it is not unheard of that people enjoy complaining. The time travel arguments are valid as are quite a few others. The ironborn fleet for one. Main problem is the final episode. Littlefinger's death was not well written. Jon Snow's parentage should have been one of the most inspired reveals in Game of Thrones. Instead the scene fell flat, even for a new viewer years from now I'd wager. Although there is one thing from ep 7 I though was underwhelming at first, now not so much. The wall. That scene is quiet, no dialogue, just destruction. /Nods head. Damn right.
But you need a scene where Littlefinger is explaining how a zombie dragon breaths blue fire in front of some whores because otherwise people will assume it's ice or something even if it looks like actual blue flames.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dude have you ever used a gas stove? Fire can be blue in real life. Doesn't even have to be magic.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In the books I figure Sam will eventually blow the horn he found while ranging and that brings the wall down. It will not be as cool as the dracoliche.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This thread makes me hate humanity

Wait until the big reveal where The Night King isn't even the villain but the real villain is the woman he fell for and she's like 100000x more badass and the final confrontation of the show is between Danny and The Other (see, people thought the ice guys were the Others but they aren't there's only really one and it's the lady other that seduced the Night King) and that's the real Song of Ice and Fire - Danny and The Great Other fighting it out then something lesbians.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wait until the big reveal where The Night King isn't even the villain but the real villain is the woman he fell for and she's like 100000x more badass and the final confrontation of the show is between Danny and The Other (see, people thought the ice guys were the Others but they aren't there's only really one and it's the lady other that seduced the Night King) and that's the real Song of Ice and Fire - Danny and The Great Other fighting it out then something lesbians.
please write this novel
shut-up-logo-1000.png

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I'm still calling it:

The Whitewalkers end up over running and killing damn near everyone

Bran wargs into his past self and stops him from climbing up the tower and telling everyone about Cersei and Jaime bumpin' uglies

When he unwargs, the timeline has now been changed with the 7 kingdoms now fully united against the walkers and defeated them and loads of people alive again up to and including Ned
Bran/Marty McFly theories = nope the fuck out

Also want to clarify time travel arguments etc may be somewhat valid but are trivial at best.

But you need a scene where Littlefinger is explaining how a zombie dragon breaths blue fire in front of some whores because otherwise people will assume it's ice or something even if it looks like actual blue flames.
Wait was the lich DRAGON breathing ice or FIRE? FUCKING SHIT

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bran/Marty McFly theories = nope the fuck out

Also want to clarify time travel arguments etc may be somewhat valid but are trivial at best.

Wait was the lich DRAGON breathing ice or FIRE? FUCKING SHIT
definitely ice, you cant be an ice creature and breathe hot. even icy hot only creates a good sensation on your back.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You guys do realize he's just awkwardly trolling with the ice breath thing now right?

• 1Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You guys do realize he's just awkwardly trolling with the ice breath thing now right?

It passes the time just the same.

It wasn't just ice breath. It was evil ice breath. That means it had the qualities of Evil and Cold. The Wall was only resistant versus Cold and for your damage reduction to factor in you need to have DR for each keyword.

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure this exactly how it works in at least a few versions of Dungeons and Dragons.

• 1Like