GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Undeath related fire often has "burning" like qualities attributed to it across multiple fantasy works. No, it doesn't make much sense. But who gives a shit. Zombie Dragons destroying a giant wall meant to keep out the hordes of the dead with a big flashy blue flamey-icey breath attack is neat.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It passes the time just the same.

It wasn't just ice breath. It was evil ice breath. That means it had the qualities of Evil and Cold. The Wall was only resistant versus Cold and for your damage reduction to factor in you need to have DR for each keyword.

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure this exactly how it works in at least a few versions of Dungeons and Dragons.
surprised nobody has promoted that Mr Vox breath also has a Knockback effect and instead of melting the wall with icy/hot fire it actually just pushed it in.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
surprised nobody has promoted that Mr Vox breath also has a Knockback effect and instead of melting the wall with icy/hot fire it actually just pushed it in.

Actually I thought about the kinetic force angle, but realized that would require agreeing that it was icy breath in the first place.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
See, if the dragon had went claw/claw/bite/wing buffet/wing buffet/tail slap that wall would definitely had been toast.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
My fan theory for over a decade was that the real villain of the series is Danny. She was terrible at everything and would eventually land in Westeros and torch the whole continent. The Others are the natural counterbalance and low key the heroes we deserve. I was not expecting Danny to be full on savior of the realm. I also don't get why they bothered to job her out several times in short succession once she finally made it to Westeros unless it was to give her a reason to just burn everything everywhere out of frustration. Quick, have her lose a few times!

Sterling

El Presidente
My fan theory for over a decade was that the real villain of the series is Danny. She was terrible at everything and would eventually land in Westeros and torch the whole continent. The Others are the natural counterbalance and low key the heroes we deserve. I was not expecting Danny to be full on savior of the realm. I also don't get why they bothered to job her out several times in short succession once she finally made it to Westeros unless it was to give her a reason to just burn everything everywhere out of frustration. Quick, have her lose a few times!
Jon and Dany are going to die Joan of Arc style. Tyrion wins, even if it should have been Littlefinger.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ever since Cersei made LF look like a little bitch and realize his place, he was doomed to fail trying to overreach. I still wish Varys had killed him, though.
at some point, maybe season 4 or 5 around the battle of the bastards, they turned LF into an average baddie instead of the badass who somehow managed to manipulate control over most of Westeros.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's sorta funny is that Jon is clearly the chosen one and is actually in position for the show to do a pretty big 'subverting expectations' shtick with him. He's practically a caricature of Ned and the show has gone to great lengths to demonstrate that being any kind of a good guy gets you and everyone around you murdered horribly, or at least your life turned upside down, and he wasn't even an exception considering how his tenure as Lord Commander ended. So the show could sorta turn things on their head with a 'no all you scheming backstabbing fucks fail and the goody two-shoes wins'.

There's also the question of whether Sam and Bran actually reveal the truth of Jon's parentage, if they are believed, how widely it gets revealed, and then what the ramifications are. In no particular order of importance:

As a trueborn male descendant of Ned's father, Jon's claim to Winterfell/House Stark probably supersedes Sansa's. This is largely a moot point since she's already stood aside in his favor, and even if finding out that he was a Targaryen caused her to change her mind, her only trump card was Littlefinger's command of the Vale, which she already played. Her only remaining importance is a marriage alliance, and I honestly kinda wonder what's gonna happen when she crosses paths with Tyrion again.

The North knows no king but the King in the North, whose name is Stark. Jon is not a Stark, he's a Targaryen. Even if it became widely known that Jon is a Targaryen, I honestly don't think there's enough time left for anyone to care about this one with the giant army of the dead descending on Winterfell.

Jon and Dany realizing they're Aunt and Nephew after fucking like rabbits for at least a month or two on the trip back to Winterfell. The supreme awkwardness of this is why I think there's a very real chance that they'll just never reveal Jon's parentage in the series and the Tower of Joy scene will end up being nothing but fan service.

The Iron Throne. Simultaneously the most and least important ramification of Jon's parentage is that he's the rightful heir to the seven kingdoms. It's plain as day that he's the reluctant hero archetype with no interest in pressing his claim to the throne, especially against someone that he's madly in love with and has sworn fealty to, but knowing that another trueborn Targaryen exists might result in Dany heroically sacrificing herself to kill the Night's King. There isn't enough time left for the angle of political intrigue/disaffected nobles latching on to the fact that she isn't the rightful heir.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Ever since Cersei made LF look like a little bitch and realize his place, he was doomed to fail trying to overreach. I still wish Varys had killed him, though.
TV Littlefinger is a huge disappointment in general compared to book Littlefinger. Not to dive deep into the book vs show shit but Littlefinger was my boy in the books and he's not nearly as interesting in the show.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
TV Littlefinger is a huge disappointment in general compared to book Littlefinger. Not to dive deep into the book vs show shit but Littlefinger was my boy in the books and he's not nearly as interesting in the show.

What this guy is saying. I really like when Book Littlefinger brings his "daughter" to the Arie and we get to spend a bunch of time with Paeter teaching Sansa all kinds of shit. Aside from planning to eventually get in her pants he's also *ahem* grooming her to be a force in her own right. Her mother was a mooooooron and Littlefinger looks to be doing what he can to make sure Sansa doesn't follow in those footsteps.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still calling it:

The Whitewalkers end up over running and killing damn near everyone

Bran wargs into his past self and stops him from climbing up the tower and telling everyone about Cersei and Jaime bumpin' uglies

When he unwargs, the timeline has now been changed with the 7 kingdoms now fully united against the walkers and defeated them and loads of people alive again up to and including Ned

dude. this is so good, we have no evidence for it, but it is so good and so plausible that i feel like it should be spoilered.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Fuck that noise. That would be a horrible resolution to the story. Time travel bullshit to hand-wave away 95% of the series and invalidating the investment that we as viewers/readers put in? No thanks.

• 1Like