GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Pretty crazy. We had a civilian doing some work at our base years ago. Was like 25 and in great shape. Did a lot of cycling. She went out cycling at lunch one day and had an aneurysm. We called in life flight because we were pretty remote but she died before thd helo could save her.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Been rewatching the entire series. Some of my complaints I had when watching it in real time aren't as bad when binging it. However, these story lines are still dumb af:

Most of season 5 and 6 is stupid.

FTFY.

Burning through the whole series for the lady, and so far it's all been really enjoyable to rewatch. We have now hit midway through season 5 and it's just, not great. I hated those two seasons during live, and it's not much better binging. Zzzzz.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Pretty crazy. We had a civilian doing some work at our base years ago. Was like 25 and in great shape. Did a lot of cycling. She went out cycling at lunch one day and had an aneurysm. We called in life flight because we were pretty remote but she died before thd helo could save her.

It happened to a woman I know too. 42 years old and in great shape. Came home from a run and dropped dead in her living room in front of her kids.

• 1Solidarity

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
When it is your time it is your time.

Pop.. dead. Might be a busload of Nuns, might be a blood vessel popping, might be a heart attack.

I had my 2 heart attacks right at the same time Gravy did. I didn't take as much damage, but it was a near thing. Heart stopped 4 times on the table.

Every
Day
is
a
Gift.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When I go I hope it's after I eat the half dozen Krispy Kremes and not before. In GoT it's probably after you get chicken or sex and then get undeaded.

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Been rewatching the entire series. Some of my complaints I had when watching it in real time aren't as bad when binging it. However, these story lines are still dumb af:

• Sons of the Harpy
  • Tyrion getting outsmarted at every step in Season 6
  • Almost everything to do with the Sparrows or whatever they are
  • Littlefinger thinking he can drive a wedge in between the last remaining Starks
I especially hate #2 above. Tyrion offers no positive input to Dany. Every suggestion turns to shit. Goes completely against what he's best at.

I've been rewatching, almost done with S7 now, and something that's bugging me is something I've never seen mentioned. Maybe people overlook it just because the character is so likeable? --

It's quite strange that Ser Davos jumped over to Team Jon so quickly. Insisting to everyone that the army of the dead is real despite only hearing about it from Jon. Rushing to Melisandre to desperately ask her to rez Jon despite having only just met the guy. Insisting to Daenerys that he's King of the North when she addressed him as "my Lord.". Just seems really out of character for him to go ALL IN on a guy despite barely knowing him.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Who knows how much time passed while Stannis was up there. Sounds like it could have been a pretty long time because Jon even confronts Stannis about it. How they're eating all the Night's Watch food and winter is coming and all that. There are plenty of scenes with Davos and Jon hanging out leading up to that point.

Merrith

Who knows how much time passed while Stannis was up there. Sounds like it could have been a pretty long time because Jon even confronts Stannis about it. How they're eating all the Night's Watch food and winter is coming and all that. There are plenty of scenes with Davos and Jon hanging out leading up to that point.

Yeah as much of an interest as Stannis took in Jon, you'd have to figure Davos would have gotten at least a feel for how he is.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I've been rewatching, almost done with S7 now, and something that's bugging me is something I've never seen mentioned. Maybe people overlook it just because the character is so likeable? --

It's quite strange that Ser Davos jumped over to Team Jon so quickly. Insisting to everyone that the army of the dead is real despite only hearing about it from Jon. Rushing to Melisandre to desperately ask her to rez Jon despite having only just met the guy. Insisting to Daenerys that he's King of the North when she addressed him as "my Lord.". Just seems really out of character for him to go ALL IN on a guy despite barely knowing him.
That goes back to Stannis. How Jon handled Mance's execution, how he executed Janos Slynt etc. Stannis respected Jon and by extension, seeing what kind of a leader he is, so does Davos.

• Sons of the Harpy
  • Littlefinger thinking he can drive a wedge in between the last remaining Starks
I especially hate #2 above. Tyrion offers no positive input to Dany. Every suggestion turns to shit. Goes completely against what he's best at.
Had not given it much thought but Tyrion's blunders are deliberate. The imp is smart but not as smart as he thinks. That typical sort of thing. At any rate your #2 is kinda right.

Littlefinger's shitty death was the worst part of season seven.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tyrion's blunders are predicated on the nonsense of Dany's forces having absolutely no scouts to relay information about enemy troop movements and a fleet of teleporting Ironborn. Jaime and Cersei were right to abandon Casterly Rock but Tyrion had no reason to think Jaime and Cersei would suddenly be that coldly rational. They definitely should not have been able to sneak that army all the way to Highgarden without anyone knowing about it though.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I blame a lot of that on the show running out of time. Danny should by all rights be just about fucking unstoppable given her troops, allies and resources. She's been put over super strong. Unfortunately the story needs her to job a bunch of times in a row to get things where they need to be. There isn't the time to tell a long, nuanced story of Danny coming to Westeros with noble intentions and slowly being pushed through to unleash her full might.

Instead Euron uses the cash shop to buy +build speed and +wood and jobs out Greyjoy with a teleport hack, Highgarden gets ambushed by like five guys and taps out, Tyrion takes Casterlyrock and oops he had no idea that it was out of gold, and all this happens really really fast. It just makes her and everyone on her side look like chumps.

Then she lights everything on fire, looks pretty badass again and then can go to the North to get that stuff underway.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Littlefinger's shitty death was the worst part of season seven.
But at the same time, how badass was it when Sansa is reading the list of treason accounts to Arya, then suddenly turns to Littlefinger at the end? Such a great moment.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
No it's not. It was forced drama. Drama for drama's sake. Season 7 does that a lot. The stupid "feud" between Sansa and Arya just to confuse the audience, the Hound inexplicably throwing rocks at the dead army so they find out the humans are not completely surrounded by water (which was already dumb), Jon running away from the dragon to kill a few wights and waste time just so the show can have an excuse to make it look like he's doomed only to have Benjen show up at the last moment, then he sacrifices himself for no reason. That whole series of events is so fucking retarded.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

No it's not. It was forced drama. Drama for drama's sake. Season 7 does that a lot. The stupid "feud" between Sansa and Arya just to confuse the audience, the Hound inexplicably throwing rocks at the dead army so they find out the humans are not completely surrounded by water (which was already dumb), Jon running away from the dragon to kill a few wights and waste time just so the show can have an excuse to make it look like he's doomed only to have Benjen show up at the last moment, then he sacrifices himself for no reason. That whole series of events is so fucking retarded.

It actually feels like more of a consequence of Sansa's time with LF, how she didn't tell John about the Knights of the Vale, and rumored stuff early this coming season with her being unhappy Jon bends the knee to Dany. Sansa was also always on the outside looking in compared to the bond that Arya and Jon had, even as kids. Her and Arya used to battle a ton back in the first season.

Hound simply couldn't help himself, b/c fuck those cunts. I'm sure Jon's little moment was supposed to be the "only way" to buy enough time for everyone else to get on Drogon, maybe some guilt over Dany losing one of her dragons by coming to help them.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

• Sons of the Harpy
When they ran out of book material to draw from, the writers utterly ruined Tyrion, one of the best characters in the series.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
They try to make a dwarf fallible, when he has shown multiple times (and gets fucked for it) that he has vices that undermine him at every turn. You can't make a character sympathetic by literally making them suck at everything. Hence him being a -dwarf- AND having vices like alcoholism and whoring. That makes it OK to have him be just good at other shit, like not underestimating every crap tier thug in Mereen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

No LF being a faceless man would mean the "look" of LF was some rando that the FM used as his "main" persona of LF. So yeah whomever was the "face" of LF had to die but it was not "LF" per say as that entire character was a FM in that mask from start