GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just don't see any way they can make Euron a bad enough guy to really care about. What made Ramsey bad occurred over seasons and was strong enough to turn the prior bad guy into a sympathetic character. They can certainly attempt to have Euron do worse things than Ramsey did but I don't think there is enough time in the remaining 12 episodes to have it resonate with the audience. I mean, even if he captures/rapes/kills Arya or someone like that people will just be like "that was an unexpected death, oh well."
christ, use your heads guys. what do ramsay and joffrey have in common that will also decide who the next and ultimate big bad will be? who was their wife/fiancee/love interest? Sansa. next big bad?

answer:
Petyr Baelish.

for those that dont pay attention. Littlefinger owns or has his people running damn near all of westeros.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I have no problem with a current, non-terrible pop star being given a cameo. It was just done oddly. When he turns to the camera and says "It's new!" with a subtle wink and a sparkle in his eye, for a moment it looked like an SNL parody of Game of Thrones rather than actual Game of Thrones.

• 1Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just don't see any way they can make Euron a bad enough guy to really care about.
If he somehow captures and kills Tyrion, that would do the trick.

I have no problem with a current, non-terrible pop star being given a cameo. It was just done oddly. When he turns to the camera and says "It's new!" with a subtle wink and a sparkle in his eye, for a moment it looked like an SNL parody of Game of Thrones rather than actual Game of Thrones.
I didn't know who the fuck this Ed Shehan is... and I thought it was a bit of a jab at the Rains of Castamere, because that is literally the only song any Lannister knows.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
We need to see Varys vs Littlefinger.
Speaking of Varys, remember he met with Dorne+Olenna to create an alliance with Daeny.

So it's Highgarden+Dorne+Daeny ... pretty powerful alliance atm.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't see how Euron is going to get Tyrion. It would have to be a really contrived situation for Tyrion to be captured at this point, since he's basically fortified in Dragonstone with a friendly navy docked there, thousands of friendly soldiers around, and 3 dragons patrolling the skies. It's not like he's going to be going for a walk on the beach alone and a couple of scurvy pirates will jump out from behind a rock and throw a potato sack over him and drag him off.

They've got to bring some closure to the stuff happening in Dorne, and Euron capturing/killing the (now in control) sand snakes there would do that--cutting the head off the snake (lolz). It would also basically eliminate one of the big threats that Cersei is facing, allowing her to focus on the others.

• 1Worf

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It was Jorah. Remember Dany sent him on a quest to cure his grayscale.

got_tome_s.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't see how Euron is going to get Tyrion. It would have to be a really contrived situation for Tyrion to be captured at this point, since he's basically fortified in Dragonstone with a friendly navy docked there, thousands of friendly soldiers around, and 3 dragons patrolling the skies. It's not like he's going to be going for a walk on the beach alone and a couple of scurvy pirates will jump out from behind a rock and throw a potato sack over him and drag him off.

They've got to bring some closure to the stuff happening in Dorne, and Euron capturing/killing the (now in control) sand snakes there would do that--cutting the head off the snake (lolz). It would also basically eliminate one of the big threats that Cersei is facing, allowing her to focus on the others.
Tyrion is the most captured character on this show, of course its going to be him who gets captured next.

spronk

FPS noob
The ratings for GoT is insane. 10m people watched live, 16m+ so far on stream/live and will probably climb to over 30m once 72 hour DVR is factored in. Up 50% over the S6 premiere numbers.

@GameOfThrones S7 opens to a massive linear audience of 10.1M viewers at 9 p.m. Sunday, up 27% vs. April 2016 S6 premiere
Including replays + digital views, HBO estimates audience for S7 @GameOfThrones opener already at 16.1M -- +50% vs 2016

A few years ago I thought the ratings would start to dip, especially after the mediocre season 5, but this is really the new Lost, the one show EVERYONE seems to be watching

Still nothing to old school network TV though, 76m watched the Seinfeld episode live, 44m watched the Cosby finale, 80m watched the Cheers finale.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Arya is too OP and needs to be nerfed pretty badly.

Basically she is Batman now where if she has a little bit of prep time she can kill anybody.

She is a master detective, disguise master, master poisoner, and a master fighter.

As long as nobody kills or captures her in her sleep she is basically unstoppable.

I don't like it. It creates all kinds of issues. They now have to write convoluted ways to make her fail or just slow her down.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
"Dragonglass as a cure for..."

guess Jorah gets cured, yippppeee?!
Dragon glass being a cure for that while the Stannis girl had it while living in the castle would be a total fuck up from the writers.

Maybe they will explain it as it not being a cure but just a way to slow it down. Still ridiculous.

Needless

Toe Sucker
isn't that the point? she was never cured, they only prevented it from spreading further.. hence her face still having half of it covered.

Or was she cured but that still remained for some magical reason nobody can explain? lol

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The ratings for GoT is insane. 10m people watched live, 16m+ so far on stream/live and will probably climb to over 30m once 72 hour DVR is factored in. Up 50% over the S6 premiere numbers.

@GameOfThrones S7 opens to a massive linear audience of 10.1M viewers at 9 p.m. Sunday, up 27% vs. April 2016 S6 premiere
Including replays + digital views, HBO estimates audience for S7 @GameOfThrones opener already at 16.1M -- +50% vs 2016

A few years ago I thought the ratings would start to dip, especially after the mediocre season 5, but this is really the new Lost, the one show EVERYONE seems to be watching

Still nothing to old school network TV though, 76m watched the Seinfeld episode live, 44m watched the Cosby finale, 80m watched the Cheers finale.

16-30m for a non-finale episode is still insane for a not-family-friendly show. My biggest debate is at what age I'll allow my kids to watch this series with me ... 16? 25? haha.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Skipped 20 pages of this thread. Had to be done. Pretty good episode. Limiting Daenarys to one line per show and 8 minutes of walking around probably best move. Tormund and Brienne is the only relationship I'm going to get misty over when one, or both, dies this season. Hound is best dialogue. Cersei looks awful with short hair. She inject her lips or something?

Undead giants. Can't wait. Tormund's going to solo one to show people where he gets his goddamn name.

• 1Like