GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
My biggest gripe with this season might be that nothing feels like Winter. Everything looks like it did in season 1 except maybe a bit of snow in Winterfell. No one even has steam come out their mouth when they talk so you know it ain't really cold.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Hmm. That was glorious. How the fuck have you never watched 24?

Probably for the same reasons I never saw Titanic or Avatar. And why no one listens to me when I give them shit for not watching The Wire.

• 1Worf

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I could have swore everyone was bitching about how long it fucking took for shit to get done for 6 years. Now they speed shit up and MUH IMMERSION.

Somewhere in there is a Wow flying mount joke....

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My biggest gripe with this season might be that nothing feels like Winter. Everything looks like it did in season 1 except maybe a bit of snow in Winterfell. No one even has steam come out their mouth when they talk so you know it ain't really cold.

I guess we're ignoring the whole scene we got with Brotherhood and the Hound visiting that farm/house he had passed through previously with Arya where it was virtually a blizzard.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The continent is 3400 miles long south to the wall in the north. 1400 miles wide. That right next to on the map on the route someone suspected is 800+ miles from Dragonstone. That's a long fucking way when you are on sailing ships/horseback and 40,000 people or whatever it is.
the real question is how did they know lannister's army would be there? they would need to know a week in advance and then set out and MAYBE they would catch lucky and get them right before they enter KL.

Merrith

the real question is how did they know lannister's army would be there? they would need to know a week in advance and then set out and MAYBE they would catch lucky and get them right before they enter KL.

Lannister army not at Casterly Rock...Cersei clearly attempting to take out allies with Euron taking Yara/Sand Snakes at sea.

Hmm...what other Westerosi ally did Dany have? And where did they live?

Also seems obvious Grey Worm and Unsullied stuck at Casterly Rock sent a raven to Dragonstone, which is how Tyrion and Varys had the info to tell Dany after she came out of cave with Jon. Last shot we had of Grey Worm was him interrogating Lannister solider...could easily get the info out of him if needed.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lannister army not at Casterly Rock...Cersei clearly attempting to take out allies with Euron taking Yara/Sand Snakes at sea.

Hmm...what other Westerosi ally did Dany have? And where did they live?

Also seems obvious Grey Worm and Unsullied stuck at Casterly Rock sent a raven to Dragonstone, which is how Tyrion and Varys had the info to tell Dany after she came out of cave with Jon. Last shot we had of Grey Worm was him interrogating Lannister solider...could easily get the info out of him if needed.
Unpenised:where is the Lannister army?!
Lannisterite: uh, they went to take Highgarden
Unpenised: how long does that take??
Lannisterite:
giphy.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I love Bronn but it really seemed a bit out of character for him to have not immediately noped the fuck out of there as soon as a dragon started flying around breathing fire, much less sticking around to shoot at the thing twice with that ballista and then dive past a blast of dragon fire to save Jaime's life. I mean sure he went on that road trip to Dorne as a bonding experience with Jaime, but he buddied up plenty with Tyrion and told him to go pound sand when it came to fighting the Mountain. I suppose there is a pretty big difference between choosing to fight the Mountain in single combat and being attacked by a dragon in the field, but if I'd been on a horse I would have ridden the fuck out of there at warp speed while the Dothraki were busy mopping up the Lannister stragglers.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

I love Bronn but it really seemed a bit out of character for him to have not immediately noped the fuck out of there as soon as a dragon started flying around breathing fire, much less sticking around to shoot at the thing twice with that ballista and then dive past a blast of dragon fire to save Jaime's life. I mean sure he went on that road trip to Dorne as a bonding experience with Jaime, but he buddied up plenty with Tyrion and told him to go pound sand when it came to fighting the Mountain. I suppose there is a pretty big difference between choosing to fight the Mountain in single combat and being attacked by a dragon in the field, but if I'd been on a horse I would have ridden the fuck out of there at warp speed while the Dothraki were busy mopping up the Lannister stragglers.

He really wants his castle.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

He just lost all of his gold. Jaime is his meal ticket. Winter is there, the grain has just been burned (So it will be more expensive) and he's broke because they took away his potential marriage. He was very motivated through greed to want Jaime to live, while with Tyrion, Cersei was giving him more than Tyrion could.

The fact was, with Tyrion/Cersei/Mountain--Bronn was choosing between friendship+Wealth+risk of death Vs Wealth*2 (Marriage to a noble)+Zero risk to himself. Even if the friendship made up for the smaller amount of wealth Tyrion could give, the scales were just totally imbalanced. Meanwhile, with Jaime, if Bronn doesn't save him, even if he gets away, he's fucked.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So it looks like they are going with Jon/Dany, a little nephew/aunt action. Really want to see a scene now where one of the other Dragons swoops in and defends Jon because they recognize him as a Targ. Wonder if he'll end up riding his father's name sake, Rhaegar.

That guy has the hugest, broadest shoulders I've ever seen. It makes his head look weird.

Dude is on black sails, ever season he just got bigger--he's ripped as shit. It was almost comical by the end how much bigger he was than everyone else.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If Jamie died there that would have been such a lame end for his character. "Oh shit that big as a dragon is wounded, let me grab that little spear and charge it!".

Like even if he was going for Dany that was incredibly stupid. But he had to live. Now he gets to talk about how he charged a dragon bro for bro and lived to tell the tale.

They also need him to do that pained look where he has to tell Cersei the bad news.

It would have set up some awesome scenes of Cersei and Dany fighting it out to be queen of Westros. Cersie has come to rely on Jamie's plot armor. If he died it would have broken her last bits of sanity. She has lived with knowledge that her children were going to die for along time. But Jamie dying would have been a surprise. I don't it happened because I don't think the show wants to make Cersie the main focus for remainder of the series.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still stand by my point that the message intended for the audience here is "Multiculturalism wins wars"

I think you're reading to much into it. Its a been in-bedded in the show from the beginning that the Dothraki were going to journey across the sea and wreck some shit. Search reveals release date of first book was 1991 long before the PC crusade started. I think you're seeing what you want to see here. You have an army that is out numbered and meets the enemy in a surprise engagement and the plus you add the big fire breathing dragon on top of it The outcome of that battle was a forgone conclusion.

• 1Worf