GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Why when Jon rode Rhaegal did Daenerys not question his ability to ride the dragon and put 2+2 together?

Why did nobody else point out that only Targaryens can ride dragons?

That was never brought up as a thing in the show AFAIK, and the clue would have been earlier when Drogon let Jon touch him on Dragonstone when he was petitioning Dany.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
When dany was asking how jon could prove he was a targ I was surprised his answer was not, "the dragons accept me as one"

I guess they just kinda forgot that's the whole "thing" with targs, and WHY they inbreed.

Fedor

<Banned>

gg8czct2m4z21.jpg

Goatface

don't know the book history, but would dragons just haul normal people around
bunch of people thought Tyrion was going to be a Targ after he got close to them when they were chained up

would assume on the show after the trip beyond the wall, anyone danny wanted could ride

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
don't know the book history, but would dragons just haul normal people around
bunch of people thought Tyrion was going to be a Targ after he got close to them when they were chained up

would assume on the show after the trip beyond the wall, anyone danny wanted could ride
Tyrion thing could've been a nod to the hints in the books that he's likely a bastard Targaryen and not Tywin's son by blood. This shit is so condensed though I can't tell if its omission from the show means it was a red herring/fanfic or if this shit is just ditching that much from act 3 of this series.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
That was never brought up as a thing in the show AFAIK, and the clue would have been earlier when Drogon let Jon touch him on Dragonstone when he was petitioning Dany.

Tyrion got close to the two dragons when they were chained up. Being a Targ isn't necessary to get close/touch them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i saw the clip on one of the youtubers bashing the show videos, those Dumb & Dumber guys said on that After The Show thing that only Targs can ride dragons. i guess they kind of forgot about that. this show conveniently forgets things a lot.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Tyrion got close to the two dragons when they were chained up. Being a Targ isn't necessary to get close/touch them.

Completely different thing. Drogon leans into Jon and allows him to touch him, and responds favorably. It's the action of a pet. Tyrion just wasn't eaten.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the most likely scenario tonight is I make one final post about my thoughts on the episode, and then never visit the thread again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
When dany was asking how jon could prove he was a targ I was surprised his answer was not, "the dragons accept me as one"

I guess they just kinda forgot that's the whole "thing" with targs, and WHY they inbreed.
Yeah the entire Quentyn Martell plotline in the books is all about him thinking he can ride a dragon to impress Dany because his grandma was a Targaryen. Then has his face melted off.

So is was common knowledge that only Targaryens could ride them, or at least lore minor family members knew about. That's ride as in control, they used the dragons as an airplane in that terrible episode the first one died in.

Jon riding a Dragon should have been a big moment in The Long Night. Dany should have been "nooo you can't ride one you'll die" and he makes the reveal then. Seems kinda obvious.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
My work/sleep schedule has me all fucked up on what day it is, so I thought it was Sunday... Been refreshing rarbg waiting for the torrent to hit to get this shit over with, and now I have to wait another 24 hours to put myself out of my misery with this shit.
sounds like you might like the show

Szlia

You read Eragon?... why?
I never read it, but I know about it. I confess that a fantasy novel written by a teenager for teenagers makes me a little dubious. It's a bit unfair because there are cases of teenagers writting masterpieces, but the point here is that Eragon sounds about as formulaic as this Targaryen dragon riding stuff. I understand that the point of A Song of Ice and Fire is to play with these fantasy literature formulas, but I suspect this is not always very productive, so I am not saddened if some of those got canned or glossed over in the adaptation.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I saw a couple TV journalist claiming that Bran warged Drogon and made him destroy King's Landing.

• 1Picard