GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Seriously. Just open with John waking the fuck up from a concussion he suffers after winning the battle of the bastards and saying what a shitty awful nightmare he had about Dragons, The Night King and fucking his cousin.
How about we rewind all the way to just before Jaime and Bronn decide to go Dorne.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How about redoing the last 3.5 seasons, just not complete shit?

That might hurt the banker's sons feelings, and then their fathers and uncles will make HBO suffer.

HBO wouldn't dare insult Goldman Sachs. The last 3.5 seasons were just fine... Yep..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Let’s get a Season 8 extended release of Arya sailing away and Jon looking sad.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I posted this back in 2019, just after the last season ended:

1712746180506.png

Think it's been proven true, there just isn't any interest left in it. Looking at google trends, S7 already killed most of the off-season interest and after S8 is over it just drops to zero instantly.

1712746413803.png

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I legit would watch a show with Arya's dumb ugly ass exploring the world as long as the cast is expanded past her. Ive watched plenty of those lore videos on the rest of the world and it's all sorts of shit she could do and get into. Especially if they keep the Faceless faction going with her. What I really liked about early GOT was that magic was a thing, but it was a super secret thing and no one seemed to notice. Unlike the last two seasons which had magic everywhere and dragons were a common sighting. Repeat that same feeling of it being rare, powerful and unpredictable, and it would be a fantastic real life adaption of Pirates of Dark Water. Its too hard to establish intrigue and deception between Royalty when there isnt a looming plot. House of the Dragon or w/e felt way too forced and just ended up being uninteresting.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I legit would watch a show with Arya's dumb ugly ass exploring the world as long as the cast is expanded past her. Ive watched plenty of those lore videos on the rest of the world and it's all sorts of shit she could do and get into. Especially if they keep the Faceless faction going with her. What I really liked about early GOT was that magic was a thing, but it was a super secret thing and no one seemed to notice. Unlike the last two seasons which had magic everywhere and dragons were a common sighting. Repeat that same feeling of it being rare, powerful and unpredictable, and it would be a fantastic real life adaption of Pirates of Dark Water. Its too hard to establish intrigue and deception between Royalty when there isnt a looming plot. House of the Dragon or w/e felt way too forced and just ended up being uninteresting.
i understand why they didnt go with an Arya adventure program, because Arya is not really on the same level of popularity as a Jon Snow. if they could have Jon get back with Arya, they could have gone on sea voyages together. maybe Jon has a vision of Ygritte and it puts him on a quest to find out more or some bullshit. this means he has to find Arya and she knows about this red witch on Asshai who can put this all together. something. it doesnt have to be a great idea, just an interesting idea which would utilize some of the lore in the show.

• 2Like

Cybsled

The Southern Lands are shit straight out of Lovecraft - they would need a massive budget to do the idea justice

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

they can make vagina demons, ice zombies and dragons within budget. it should be doable.
"do the idea justice" is probably the key part, here. The cities full of oily black stone, huge Frog statue, and all that crazy shit is something I would love to see in action. Now if we could only kidnap a director from 2010 before the mind virus took over hard and give him Rings of Power money without the Rings of Power.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
jon snow series writes itself

• jon is just chilling out in the north fishing, hunting, fucking, laughing, loving with his new buds. they constantly kill him for the lulz and he comes back to life
  • a giant snow blizzard moves down from the "real" North and villages start vanishing in the storms. everyone is scared shitless, they send out expeditions and we see hints of zombies and others.
  • every now and then the show switches to Kings Landing where Bran is sitting on the throne staring vacantly at a wall
  • season finale, the blizzard reaches jon's village, everyone is dying and getting rez'd as a zombie. jon and his buds make a last stand
  • a giant ice worm spider dragon enters, a ice giantess is riding it. Instead of killing Jon, she drops her skirt, points at her vagina, and yells GET THAT DICK IN HERE. Its Ygritte, who is the reincarnated Snow Queen and the true leader of the Others. The Night King was just her side piece.

ab83a0bef1a3ea01e191c84a9bfc9033.jpg

the rest of the seasons is the Night Queen and Emperor just going from country to country turning everyone into Others and zombies, no one can stop them because Dany and her dragons are dead

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Asshai, the jungles full of monsters and man eating plants, the China-like nation that has a massive wall to defend vs monsters. Even some of the islands - like the island Mirrisandi (Dany’s handmaiden) came from. Apparently people not from the island die from some unknown source if they stay there too long and there are some odd butterflies there people think are the cause

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I posted this back in 2019, just after the last season ended:

View attachment 524088

Think it's been proven true, there just isn't any interest left in it. Looking at google trends, S7 already killed most of the off-season interest and after S8 is over it just drops to zero instantly.

View attachment 524089

Maybe a small chance it gets unshelved if Season 2 carries momentum. Like Daidraco Daidraco said though, hard to see HOTD garnering the same level of interest without a greater threat looming. People seem to be giving it a chance.

1712777425783.png

Did end up retaining one of the original showrunners for S2

1712777495118.png

Caliane

jon snow series writes itself

• jon is just chilling out in the north fishing, hunting, fucking, laughing, loving with his new buds. they constantly kill him for the lulz and he comes back to life
  • a giant snow blizzard moves down from the "real" North and villages start vanishing in the storms. everyone is scared shitless, they send out expeditions and we see hints of zombies and others.
  • every now and then the show switches to Kings Landing where Bran is sitting on the throne staring vacantly at a wall
  • season finale, the blizzard reaches jon's village, everyone is dying and getting rez'd as a zombie. jon and his buds make a last stand
  • a giant ice worm spider dragon enters, a ice giantess is riding it. Instead of killing Jon, she drops her skirt, points at her vagina, and yells GET THAT DICK IN HERE. Its Ygritte, who is the reincarnated Snow Queen and the true leader of the Others. The Night King was just her side piece.

ab83a0bef1a3ea01e191c84a9bfc9033.jpg

the rest of the seasons is the Night Queen and Emperor just going from country to country turning everyone into Others and zombies, no one can stop them because Dany and her dragons are dead
no, that wouldn't work. Arya would just kill them all single handedly, except jon, who she would spare.

we could delay her by having her sail off to the west. 6-9months of sailing, and visiting foreign ports. but she would get word, and jump off the boat and run back home in a couple hours.

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1712777755116.png

They lost Sapochnik because HBO blocked his wife from serving again as a producer on Season 2.

1712777916194.png

Season 2 quality will determine whether Sapochnik and his wife were a positive force or not.

Saponchnik should give Amazon a call in the meantime, they're friendly to producers with no credits.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
they probably know GRRM isnt up to the task. where them books at? oh yeah, never happen.

"The main thing I'm actually writing, of course, is the same thing... I wish I could write as fast as [The Last Kingdom author Bernard Cornwell] but I'm 12 years late on this damn novel and I'm struggling with it.

"I have like 1,100 pages written but I still have hundreds more pages to go. It's a big mother of a book for whatever reason. Maybe I should've started writing smaller books when I began this but it's tough. That's the main thing that dominates most of my working life."
I like how they credit he was inspired by tad Williams series. More like stole half of it, tarted it up with more sex and generally a little higher energy.

• 1Like