GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I guess it'll depend on how much she trusts/loves this guy over her conquest. I don't think the incest will be much of an issue for Daenarys(she's probably just happy she has family at least lol), but for Jon, a man of great honour... maybe will be a boner killer for him.

Definitely hoping Tyrion is a 3rd Targaryen...but unlikely as I don't think there's enough time to cram that arc in the last 5 episodes.

Yea, I agree she prolly wouldn't care. If Jon doesn't care, it'll be because he doesn't feel related to her, having been raised thinking he was Ned Stark's son the entire time. Also, it seems brother/sister incest is the only that's really frowned upon much?
And yea, Tyrion targ arc is highly unlikely at this point, but it's still odd that the dragons seemed to react the same to him as Jon/Dany. Plus, with all the in-breeding of the targs over generations, would help explain him being a dwarf, and why Tywin had a gut feeling he wasn't really his son. Like, his wife cheated on him/was raped by a targ.

Cybsled

Ya, I buy into the theory that Tyrion was the result of the Mad King raping Tywin's wife, but to squeeze that into the show now would feel really out of left field with the timetable you have to work with.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I know he is just a minor character, but I get giddy as fuck when 'ol Beric Dondarrion lights up that Fiery Avenger.

• 12Solidarity
  • 5Like
Reactions: 16 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
hmm
I think dany will be ok with the news about Jon, sort of.. I think Jon will break the news to her while also proposing or something. Dunno how he'll feel about being semi-related to her. If he isn't cool with that (though the targs never seemed to care about this shit much), he'll still propose they are both king and queen in some way. If he was just like 'oh, btw, I'm a targ and the heir to the throne, gimme yo dragons and army bitch' then yea, she'd be pissed, but that's not in his character to do.

The most obvious dynamic will be that Jon and Dany are king/queen, but when Jon wants them to spend time in Winterfell, Tirion will rule as the Hand. When they are both in King's Landing, Sansa is Warden of the north. However, if we had more episodes left, I'd still be waiting for the conspiracy that Tirion is also a Targaryen to come true. It would fit the whole '3 headed dragon' theories that I read about. Jon, Dany and Tirion all being targaryens, ruling the kingdom together.

I think the complete opposite. I do not think Dany will take it well at all. She is lust for power, that bit about Sansa seemed a bit of foreshadowing, like she would kill Jon's sister if she didnt bend the knee. Possibly Jon will need to kill Dany to protect Sansa. Dany likely to "go mad" when Jon tells her the "truth" which in her mind will mean he's trying to usurp her power. In any case, my prediction is Jon kills Dany.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel like they're telegraphing Jon sacrificing himself to save the North really hard, but also pushing a lot of parallels between Dany and Cersei and how she'll have to raise their kid to be King. Arya getting a custom weapon means she'll score an important kill and with how hard they are pushing the Tully bit that story can't be completely over in the first episode. The 3-eyed raven was also pushing the timing so the truth would come out before the undead arrive.

Iron Islands storyline moving as fast as it did means they will play some part too, it can't be completely throwaway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Favorite lines in this episode:

"You left me to die"

"First I robbed you"

haha

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Uh Jon being their kid does not mean he is Aegon. Guess I needed to rewatch last season

Stop being a fucking faggot and pay attention or get out

Jesus Christ you lot are shit. This shot is spelled out clear as day and you fucking mongoloids still manage to aspie your way into retardation.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Salty
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 12 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I think the complete opposite. I do not think Dany will take it well at all. She is lust for power, that bit about Sansa seemed a bit of foreshadowing, like she would kill Jon's sister if she didnt bend the knee. Possibly Jon will need to kill Dany to protect Sansa. Dany likely to "go mad" when Jon tells her the "truth" which in her mind will mean he's trying to usurp her power. In any case, my prediction is Jon kills Dany.

I think this is pretty likely now that I read it. I read an interview with Emilia Clarke where she told how she first reacted after hearing about how the end of the show goes for her character, and this idea is one of the only things that I've seen that would explain how she reacted.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
“Hey guys I think this Bran kid might have been waiting for Jaime. Do they have some history?!?!?!?”

/FOH thread.

• 2Picard
  • 2Worf
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 7 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Stop being a fucking faggot and pay attention or get out

Jesus Christ you lot are shit. This shot is spelled out clear as day and you fucking mongoloids still manage to aspie your way into retardation.
nah keep reading, I misunderstood Chanur in the same way you did here. He's taking issue with a particular detail, not confused about the plot in general.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
“Why did the hound randomly threaten that large Kong’s guardsmen last season?!!? Do they know each other?”

/chanur

• 4Salty
  • 3Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 10 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
“Why did the hound randomly threaten that large Kong’s guardsmen last season?!!? Do they know each other?”

/chanur
heh, was watching the last two episodes of the previous season before this one came on. I forgot how good that scene was. 'That's not how it ends for you. You know who is coming for you, you've always known'. I probably messed the quote up slightly, but that was so awesome.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Is that runtime or uncut?

Last season they got pretty bad about padding the runtime. It felt like the episodes were clocking in closer to 40-45 minutes.

I do remember having this conversation before and the conclusion was the that final season is in total a significantly longer season.

This got me curious so I added the times up, final season is a bit shorter but close.

Season 7

Episode 1: 59 minutes
Episode 2: 59 minutes
Episode 3: 63 minutes
Episode 4: 50 minutes
Episode 5: 59 minutes
Episode 6: 71 minutes
Episode 7: 81 minutes
Total: 442 minutes (7 hours, 22 minutes)

Season 8

• Episode one – 54 mins
• Episode two – 58 mins
• Episode three – 60 minutes
• Episode four – 78 minutes
• Episode five – 80 minutes
• Episode six – 80 minutes
Total: 410 minutes (6 hours 50 minutes)

My expectations were low because of how rushed and shitty parts of last season were, but I thought tonight's episode was great. It was too short though, I want MORE!

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I will be so fucking glad when the series is over. At any rate, not much to say that hasn't already been said. Decent episode, magic carpet ride was cringe, they're still trying to make Tyrion stupid when he spent ~6 seasons as a nearly infallible genius, and I'm actually glad they didn't just gloss over her summarily executing Sam's father and brother. That was one of the most nonsensical things she's done in the entire series and for Danaerys, that's really saying something.

I just wish Sam had the balls to quip something like 'Guess the apple doesnt fall far from the tree' instead of politely asking to leave the room. Maybe cause some introspection on how barbaric and stupid it was to do that, even if we don't really have the time for it.

*edit*

Also holy shit there's still so much shit left to resolve with only 6 hours of the series left that I'm pretty sure they have to have multiple episodes that are total bloodbaths just to wrap things up in time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Idk, they've really built up her good intentions all this time. Sure, she makes mistakes, has a temper, or is just inexperienced at times. But, it just feels wrong to have her suddenly turn all Cersei at the last minute. Even when she fucks up, like killing both the Tarlys, its in line with the 'honor' and expectations of kings/queens. The same way Ned executed a dude in the first season.
Again, if Jon just breaks the news to her and does actually try to take her place (maybe if Sam's comments get into his head?), then yes.. I think she will react that way. As it is, I think she'll have some moments of doubt, but will be convinced to share the power with him since they are falling in love anyway.