GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Here I thought House Greyjoy has the best banner sigil but the whole time it ended up being the Night king with his burning child upon a starburst of burning human arms.
It had eight arms (the spiral), just like the Kraken. Clearly the night king is a (dickless) Greyjoy.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Here I thought House Greyjoy has the best banner sigil but the whole time it ended up being the Night king with his burning child upon a starburst of burning human arms.

I wonder if his artisans are the same underlings who fastened the chains to the sunken dead dragon.

I mean...Tyrion killing his father with a crossbow is a major plot point. I'm pretty sure memes have nothing to do with it.

That said, I agree with @Cybsled that there is probably more to this plan of hers than we're seeing initially. Then again, there has been some pretty shite writing the last couple seasons.

Tyrion once said he would double any price Bronn was offered. If it weren't for the crossbow prop, I would think it's just the writers giving a quick and lazy reason for getting Bronn to the other good guys. No point in having Bronn in King's Landing when Arya and the Hound are about to storm it!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The coming conflict is seriously lopsided. The 'good guys' major claims to fame are the ability to have weapons that actually damage the undead, a pair of dragons that are prone to dragon-seeking ice missiles and subsequent full conversion, and a cripple who can see things.

There is a significant lack of Fire and a LOT of Ice.

• 2Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The coming conflict is seriously lopsided. The 'good guys' major claims to fame are the ability to have weapons that actually damage the undead, a pair of dragons that are prone to dragon-seeking ice missiles and subsequent full conversion, and a cripple who can see things.

There is a significant lack of Fire and a LOT of Ice.
The pox that was mentioned to Bronn. It was really gonorrhea, piss fire

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
all these cgi dragons, where the wolves be? is the white one and the cripples the only ones alive? i guess Arya's is roaming around too.
I thought brans wolf died the same time Hodor did? It should just be ghost and nymeria left

• 2Like

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Episode was very good. So a good start. Couple of points:

1. A little disappointed we didn't get any undead army/night king/ice dragon this episode.
2. Bronn being sent out to take out Jaime and Tyrion, I actually think it's possible it happens the other way around (Jaime is forced to kill Bronn). Either that or Bronn flips and kills Cersei with the bow.
3. Cersei has a point about the elephants (see Return of the King).
4. Just had to know that executing Randall and Dickon Tarly is going to bite Dany in the ass down the road. Sam could give zero fucks about his father but his brother is a different story.
5. Best line in the episode - They got blue eyes...Tormund - my eyes have always been blue.

My vote for best line is from Bronn. “That fuckin’ family...”

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I was pretty amazed they dealt with one issue I typically have with large army stuff. Armies travel on their stomach. Sansa is thinking about the practical aspects of winning. Also, where are they going to fight? Clearly not even a large portion is going to fit in the castle. It does beg the question, why haven't they started making wildfire like mad and planted it all around the castle? If they want a plot twist they should have the undead army head straight nor Kings Landing.

Setting up the Gendry Arya hookup was disappointing, she clearly should end up with the hound. My money in now on Arya getting he knight king kill. More and more I expect everyone to die like flies and the last fight will be a small group going after the knight king, killing him, all the wights poof and...the end. Super disappointing. I wonder how many dragons will be left at the end.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
All I want is for Winterfell to be evacuated to the Iron Islands and, in transit, Theon's shoelaces get caught in Bran's wheelchair right before a rogue wave sends both of those faggots overboard.

• 1Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Had a hell of a giggle every time they showed Bran, looks like they parked his ass out in the middle of the courtyard and that he does nothing but sit out there all day creepily staring at people. Can't wait for him to Deus Ex the shit out of everything and become the new Night King.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
this show is mostly dead to me

Well stop fucking posting then.

I rewatched all of Season 7 over the weekend. It's not nearly as bad as a year of reading this thread had made it in my mind. I really like the idea of talking about TV shows on the board, but every thread inevitably devolves into a few haters who watch every episode and post "this shit sucks" and pick it apart and eventually a narrative forms that is totally negative. I pick up a lot of things I missed and hear theories and such but I really feel like it ultimately reduces my enjoyment of the show in the long term because of people who don't like the show but insist on continuing to watch and bitch about it every week.

• 9Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

I rewatched all of Season 7 over the weekend. It's not nearly as bad as a year of reading this thread had made it in my mind. I really like the idea of talking about TV shows on the board, but every thread inevitably devolves into a few haters who watch every episode and post "this shit sucks" and pick it apart and eventually a narrative forms that is totally negative. I pick up a lot of things I missed and hear theories and such but I really feel like it ultimately reduces my enjoyment of the show in the long term because of people who don't like the show but insist on continuing to watch and bitch about it every week.

So stop fucking posting then

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
So stop fucking posting then

That's basically what I'm saying I'm going to do. I don't want to, but I think it's probably the right choice because the negatives outweigh the positives. I just don't understand what makes people insist on watching a show that they don't like and making angry posts about it. It's not just this thread, it's pretty much every TV thread in the history of the internet.

• 2Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
This episode felt like it was simply to put all the key players on the chessboard in their starting positions. Let the Game of Thrones begin.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
That's basically what I'm saying I'm going to do. I don't want to, but I think it's probably the right choice because the negatives outweigh the positives. I just don't understand what makes people insist on watching a show that they don't like and making angry posts about it. It's not just this thread, it's pretty much every TV thread in the history of the internet.

Well ...

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Am I missing some other time period of Baratheon rule, or are we calling the ~15 years Robert ruled "decades" now?
What? There are 3 barratheon kings spanning what looks like 20+ years. Cersei is a barratheon queen. No matter what she changed it to after her coronation. It's under barratheon rule right now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Maybe you should have read past that sentence, you nimrod

Last edited:
  • 2Worf