GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dalien

Registered Hodor
It makes much more sense for the spirals to have some sort of ritual significance as a former symbol of the children of the forest, than as a message for anyone. Why would you be leaving a message to your enemy behind your own lines where he would never realistically get it, except of course they'll make it back across enemy lines because there are three named characters in that group.

I don't think the symbols will end up meaning much more than "hey this is creepy and we want to scare you and we're coming to fuck you up". There could be some meaning to them but they're running out of time to explain it, only 5 episodes left.

The named characters will make it back to Winterfell, right before they found the zombie kid they said something about how they had horses that could get there faster than the undead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I don't think the symbols will end up meaning much more than "hey this is creepy and we want to scare you and we're coming to fuck you up". There could be some meaning to them but they're running out of time to explain it, only 5 episodes left.

The named characters will make it back to Winterfell, right before they found the zombie kid they said something about how they had horses that could get there faster than the undead.
The symbols have been there since the first episode. No, it will likely have meaning leading into hbo's next outing in the franchise.

this show is mostly dead to me, but i watched it anyway because i'm invested in seeing it through. the best part was Sam's scenes, his acting makes everything feel real. Jon did well too, the dragon ride scene wasnt as bad as it should have been due to his perspective. Tyrion who was my favorite up until a few years ago is just phoning it in at this point. Cersei my little cutie hagged out pretty hard since she cut her hair short and started wearing old Michael Jackson clothes. i like Euron, dude is just in it for the lulz. the Aegon thing doesnt really bother me in any way as Gendry has just as much birthright to the throne since its been under Barratheon rule for decades.. and it really doesnt matter at this point because after the dust settles the NK , Wites, WW and famine are gonna scrub the landscape of much of everyone and then the show ends with a king or queen with little to rule over.
Robert's Targaryen lineage was part of why he ended up on the throne in the aftermath of the rebellion.
Orys Baratheon

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Robert's Targaryen lineage was part of why he ended up on the throne in the aftermath of the rebellion.
well, he wasnt a true Targ and i dont think Blackfyres have ever been mentioned in this show, i think bashing Rhaegars skull with his gigantic hammer gave him the kingdom.
rhaegar_targaryen_and_robert_baratheon_by_darkelf18_d7svygz-pre.jpg

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
yea lots of symbols and shit

don't bother, it's just like LOST and the cave with stupid numbers.

• 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Don't get me wrong I agree that they do have some meaning, I just don't trust the show to explain them properly with the time left. They might have to cut a dragon ride or grey worm sex scene to do that.

iannis

Musty Nester
The only relevance to the symbol is that it's like a tripwire which reminds us the Night King is not some mindless force, but a mind.

The night king pinpointed some survivors with the zombie boy. And did some hellraiser shit. I expect if there's a continuation of that tormund and his band of merry men will be set upon by zombies.

I don't think it means anything other than that in the show, and even that might be reading into it a little too much. Night King was bored, so he doodled on the wall with human arms and a little kid. Cause that's just what bored night kings do.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
This waiting a week per episode shit is gonna drive me insane. I'm so spoiled by Netflix and similar services.

I dunno if it was intentional, but jon nailed the "I fucked my cousin?" reaction perfectly, really got a good laugh from that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Lots of exposition and not much plot movement for a show that only has 6(5?) episodes left

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I really enjoyed that episode. It didn't have action, outside of the screaming blue eyed burning kid, but it was some excellent world building.

Live it.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
So many westerosy smiling all episode, they all looked like HBO gave them a nice salary bump.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Like, at one point when its zooming through King's Landing, it shows a giant crossbow that is pointing down a hallway to a Dragon head sculpture.
That exact scene happened in season 6 or 7. They tested the weapon out, then had the bow things placed in wagons as part of the wagon train that Daenerys goes after like an Apache Attack Helicopter while riding on one of the dragons.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Bran seems to get creepier every episode and got the feeling he was more interested in manipulating than helping

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
The show is now feeling more focused. There is the one big enemy that everyone is working against as a common foe.

Except Cercei doesn't feel that way . . . and a few others.

But you know what I mean, overall more focused and less minor storylines in multiple locations.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I wonder why Arya didn't tell John that she is now a Faceless Man? He asked if she used the sword and her answer was once or twice. Then he asked if she was jealous of his sword, all the while she has Bran's attempted murder dagger.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I would have figured that Winterfell had to fall before Episode 3 in order to move the plot along at the right place. It looks like the big battle might end up being the 3rd episode, however, which is problematic as they then need to address conquering the rest of Essos with only 3 episodes. Might require a 'time jump' by the penultimate episode.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I had a feeling based on the next week trailer that it was episode 2
Annoying, didn't have a trailer with the streaming service I'm using with HBO, glad HBO has it up on youtube right away. Hope they get something of the battle started right away, not wait till the end of the episode in typical cliffhanger fashion.