GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Random tidbit -- this was one of just a few episodes of GoT to happen in a single location. No King's Landing scenes etc.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well there was no Night King in the final scene of the episode. hmmm

Because he doesn't ride horses anymore, he has a dragon.

Anyways, I agree with everyone else, this episode was sort of a last goodbye to characters we've been watching for the last near decade.

• 1Worf

Jive Turkey

Karen
Random tidbit -- this was one of just a few episodes of GoT to happen in a single location. No King's Landing scenes etc.

Yeah. It reminded me of that episode in Haunting of House Hill (or whatever the fuck it was called) that all took place in the funeral home. It served the purpose of making us feel stuck in the castle like the characters are, which worked quite well

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So whose hypothetical death is going to be the biggest kick in the balls? For me it’s Jamie.

PS I expect everyone by the fire place to die. Lord of light is a fag.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I mean that's the thing if they want to add in all sorts of little scenes then why rush the fucking thing. No reason seasons aren't 10 episodes each then you can add all the shit you want to it, but we're low on time.
I'm thinking the reason we were left with seven episodes for last season and six for this one is cos the story is becoming increasingly more minimalistic. That doesn't mean characters getting shat on for the sake of battles and slposions. These next four episodes will either be incredibly original and badass for TV or fail to do what they were supposed to do. Either way I'm hoping the ending pisses off a lot of people.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I hate that Ghost is just there when they need him. In the books he’s Jon’s constant companion and a big part of Jon’s character.

They had him in the background up there tonight, but nobody mentioned he was there or anything. It’s like they expect the viewer to just take it for granted that Ghost is always present.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but Ghost was probably just on screen tonight so that the viewers would be reminded of him before he dies.

Leave it to these shitty writers to have Ghost’s death be some kind of transition from Jon being a stark bastard to being a true Targaryen. Buncha crap.

Never mind that these Starks were warging into the direwolves as a major plot thing in the books.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I always figured Ghost cost too much to animate all the time so he just sorta got phased out.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
My prediction is that the show ends with Jon, Tyrion, Sansa, and Sam sitting around a table drinking wine as Journey plays in the background

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I laughed when Sansa went balls deep on Dany...that woman has a giant pair of cold, cold balls on her.

Dany is flying off the handle; I knew she would a long time ago. She now has no friends and no counselors.

Poor Sam is completely doomed.

• 1Dislike

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"I was a fool"

Tyrion's destruction continues-- as loud and in your face as the Message in TLJ.

This is no better. He was even shouted down like Ray Romano in a sitcom.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Phoned in and hacky, like JJ Abrams is now writing it, or maybe even Screamfeeder.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Jon, Dany,.Arya, and Tyrion will live. Everyone else is dead.

Tyrions story has been super weak the last couple seasons though which is disappointing.

I don't mind the big setup, it's ending boys. 4 more. Savor it.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Shit I see these fools restoring the night king to human and the dead return to human so Jon has an army to go against Cersi.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I would put money on no Night King standing there to close out the episode will turn out to be a very big thing. They love closing episodes with him standing there ominously.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I hate that Ghost is just there when they need him. In the books he’s Jon’s constant companion and a big part of Jon’s character.

They had him in the background up there tonight, but nobody mentioned he was there or anything. It’s like they expect the viewer to just take it for granted that Ghost is always present.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but Ghost was probably just on screen tonight so that the viewers would be reminded of him before he dies.

Leave it to these shitty writers to have Ghost’s death be some kind of transition from Jon being a stark bastard to being a true Targaryen. Buncha crap.

Never mind that these Starks were warging into the direwolves as a major plot thing in the books.
Half expecting Ghost to suddenly talk as he dies, telling Jon, "You were never a wolf, my boy. You are a dragon. Uhhhhh"

Then Tormund takes a massive piss on Ghosts's corpse.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
So whose hypothetical death is going to be the biggest kick in the balls? For me it’s Jamie.

PS I expect everyone by the fire place to die. Lord of light is a fag.

I like Jamie except the sister fucking part. Sam getting offed will make people sad, and many tears will be lost for Jon.

No one will miss Dany when the Night King uses her for a meat toilet.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
I coulda sworn Ghost died in a season 7 episode, guess not.

I loved this last episode, every single scene had the dual dread feeling of "fuck... this character is gonna die soon, aren't they" combined with the interwoven melancholy of every character KNOWING they are probably going to die very soon. Just some real Heart of Darkness kind of shit. Sure, it was a lot of fan servicing but man it was fucking great.

What if Pod's secret power was that he can sing really good and he sings while he fucks you which gives you an ear gasm

718o8fyydqt21.jpg

• 2Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Last episode was fine. This was the typical "calm before the storm" episode. It's logically their' last real night of safety. After this it should be just go go go.