Gran Turismo 7

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I swore there was a thread somewhere, but I can't find it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
another trailer

i'm not sure when to buy this game or which version, i suspect like most track games ill play 1 hour and get bored and not play again. it does look cool though. There is also a $90 super edition which comes with a cool steelbook

it kinda sucks all these games are coming out in Feb/March, I haven't touched Dying Light 2 (or 1 lol), Horizon Dawn 2, Sifu, Cyberpunk next gen, and soon GT 7 and Kirby.

oh well, it does mean when black friday 2022 rolls around all these games will be 75% off digitally

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GT7 is the reason I'm getting a PS5, a chair rig, and wheel/pedals. GT1 was my first ever game (and the PS1 console) I purchased myself with my own money when I was a young teen. Big nostalgia hit and I love racing. It'll also be my first console in over 15 years. Now, if I could only find a PS5 to buy...

spronk

FPS noob
aw you just missed WM+ ps5 drops today morning, it was pretty easy to score as long as you had a walmart+ membership

target and amazon are due to drop in the next 5 days but its totally random when they do. I saw recently the $1k Fanantec racing rigs were on sale again with their crazy wheel stuff

i'm a simple guy, i hate driving my own sports car but goddamn do I love putting retarded anime big titty wrap skins on my cars in forza horizon

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
aw you just missed WM+ ps5 drops today morning, it was pretty easy to score as long as you had a walmart+ membership

target and amazon are due to drop in the next 5 days but its totally random when they do. I saw recently the $1k Fanantec racing rigs were on sale again with their crazy wheel stuff

i'm a simple guy, i hate driving my own sports car but goddamn do I love putting retarded anime big titty wrap skins on my cars in forza horizon
Oh to be single.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I had a racing chair/wheel setup for GT5 for a while. Definitely highly recommended if you enjoy racing. I never played 6 but I'm sure 7 will be amazing like all the previous ones.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
another trailer

i'm not sure when to buy this game or which version, i suspect like most track games ill play 1 hour and get bored and not play again. it does look cool though. There is also a $90 super edition which comes with a cool steelbook

it kinda sucks all these games are coming out in Feb/March, I haven't touched Dying Light 2 (or 1 lol), Horizon Dawn 2, Sifu, Cyberpunk next gen, and soon GT 7 and Kirby.

oh well, it does mean when black friday 2022 rolls around all these games will be 75% off digitally
pretty cool vid.

What's funny is that in my business I'm really interested in bumps and imperfections in the roadway that get you the realistic motion as you traverse the roadway. I'm surprised this track doesn't have more of that in GT7.

spronk

FPS noob

han talking about GT7

im still on the fence, dont have it preordered and probably won't. Not a huge track sim guy, i always find the mainline forza motorsports game boring as hell and i've barely played GT Sport (Gt6 i guess) like 3 hours total

game is out in 3 days

visuals are great though, and apparently load times are sick as fuck, 5 seconds from menu to start racing on PS5

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I kinda want this because of how visually-stunning it is. Unfortunately racing sims like this have always been kinda bland to me, definitely prefer the Mario Kart / Extreme-G / Wipeout style battle racer.

Blur on the PS3 was the best of both worlds and had realistic cars/weather plus powerups and whatnot. Wish there'd been a Blur 2.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hatar

Trakanon Raider
I’ve been a Gran Turismo junkie since PS1. This one feels pretty similar to GT Sport but with better graphics. The big improvement for me the hapic feedback on the triggers…I don’t have to ride the limit on just sound. You can feel traction slip and brake locking. The one time I played Forza on XBox I’m pretty sure this was standard for them. They also added much more story/progression to complete…it took me a couple hours to unlock multiplayer

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I liked GT back in the days but just cant get into it anymore - Forza just seems more enjoyable and GT just feels, just hard to put it really,

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Wasnt going to pick this up right away since it came out so close to Elden Ring and Horizon but this video just caused me to order it. Trying to go as far as possible on very limited gas sounds really fun

• 1Worf

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wasnt going to pick this up right away since it came out so close to Elden Ring and Horizon but this video just caused me to order it. Trying to go as far as possible on very limited gas sounds really fun

I'm struggling to see how I'd enjoy driving round a racing track at 20-30mph.

spronk

FPS noob
you can buy cars with credits and you can buy credits with RL $$ but afaik you get tons of credits just playing the game and there are zero cars locked behind MTX or anything, just a matter of playing to earn money to buy cars. I don't really consider that egregious, but some might I suppose

it just depends on if you see a dude who spent $500 and owns every car if you get mad or just don't care some retard dropped $500 on pixels

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Game is fucking amazing. The car manufacturer lore and presentation are top notch and the ps5 l2 and r2 pressure sensing buttons make this 10 times better, as breaking and accelerating feel so much more intuitive. And you can actually drive without having to put petal to the metal as the pressure sensing allows you to have different levels of accelaration.

• 2Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Game is fucking amazing. The car manufacturer lore and presentation are top notch and the ps5 l2 and r2 pressure sensing buttons make this 10 times better, as breaking and accelerating feel so much more intuitive. And you can actually drive without having to put petal to the metal as the pressure sensing allows you to have different levels of accelaration.
I'm enjoying it quite a bit more than the last few iterations. And the ps5 ssd makes the inevitable retry run spam sooo fast.

• 2Like