Grandia 2 HD

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fuck yeah coming to PC, they keep giving PC some great console RPG. Really hope Suikoden is next/soon.
Here's what the Grandia II HD remaster looks like
UziejLL.jpg

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I actually never got around to playing this buy my friend raved about it constantly. I'll probably give it a whirl on PC.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Never really liked Grandia 2, the first one was one of the best RPGs I've played back in the day.
I played it while borrowing a friends Dreamcast and it was great. Picked it up for my ps2 and it was stuttery or something. I just remember it disappointing me, although the gameplay itself was still the same.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I played it while borrowing a friends Dreamcast and it was great. Picked it up for my ps2 and it was stuttery or something. I just remember it disappointing me, although the gameplay itself was still the same.
Playstation port was horrible. It had massive frame drops making it close to unplayable.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Oh god, this was my DreamCast jam! Under no circumstance will i ever play it again but i fuckin loved this game enough to beat it twice.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The plan is to buy it as much as possible and gift it out, I really want these games to do well so we get more.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Getting all nostalgic and shit. Next we are going to see a beyond the beyond remake

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was a fun game, great combat. Put the Suikodens on Steam next please.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
It is out now, but apparently a few issues with it currently

At first it was broken, did not contain all files. This has been fixed.

It does not register all controllers. Some 360 controllers might work, but dual shock controllers does not work. I tried my DS4 using both inputmapper and DS4windows and neither register.

It does not support widescreen, so it will either give you massive black borders or you can uncheck aspect ratio, but it will stretch out the image.

Tied to 30fps.

Going to try it not since Hearthstone EU servers are busted and I can't open my packs
frown.png

EDIT: Fix for controller issue

In Windows's gamepad settings clicking on Advanced bring up "Select the device you want to use in older programs" Selecting the Xbox 360 controller from the list fixes the issue in game.
Can confirm this works since I just did it and controller is now detected. Fix should work for win 7 (from steam thread) and 8.1 (what I use). Not sure if the settings options are the same for win 10. If you are using a Dual shock controller, be sure to run DS4 windows or inputmapper first to register it as a 360 gamepad to get the option to change it to a 360 controller rather than just "windows controller".

Also tried disabling the aspect ratio. Even though everything gets wider/fat it is somewhat worth it since the black borders on a 1920*1080 resolution = roughly 1/3rd of the total surface of the screen.

Have noticed a strange audio glitch though. Some indicator noises before battle sounds like a midi tune all out of synch. Don't think it is supposed to be like that.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Do we get to hear boots clanking on stone etc. in HD audio?
Fairly sure this port includes very close 1 to 1 ration of assets from the DC version. Visually it looks like running the old games through new emulators. Audio does not sound updated at all. As mentioned earlier, some parts sound almost glitchy.

That said, boots clanking on stone is definitely in game!