Great Audiobooks

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Like the last forum:

I've been listening to The Wheel of Time since like 2007 - any time I'm in my car alone for more than 20 minutes I turn it on. I'm currently on the 11th book, that's like 348 hours of audio. Not that the narrators are bad, but I can't recommend the WoT series really.

Some terrible part of me needs to finish it now that I'm so far into it though.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Agreed, Steven Pacey is the shit. So much better then the guy that narrated BSC & The Heroes. All his voices sounded the same, while Pacey brings a pretty wide variety of accents to the different nationalities of characters.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
James Marsters does all but one of the Dresden Files books. He does a superb job.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Indeed. I was thrown off when he didn't do Ghost Story, but I'm glad he's back for Cold Days. It's currently in on my list for my daily commute.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm still listening to NDGT - Death by Black Hole.

So awesome.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Kevin Smith's tough shit. Read by the man himself of course.

MacPoopypants_sl

shitlord
Since new movies are coming I picked up the first Thrawn Trilogy book (20th Anniversary Edition) for a long drive. Has good production with lots of music and sound effects. The guy reading it does a decent job with different voices for the characters. Lando and Leia are a little lol at first but you get used to them. Story wouldn't be that interesting if it wasn't Star Wars but I found it enjoyable.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The Gunslinger's audiobook narrator was fantastic. later in the series (The Dark Tower) the original guy gets in a motorcycle accident and a new guy takes over that blows. But The Gunslinger was just a fantastic reading of the material.

boozebagbeefhole

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tina Fey's bossy pants and the Ricky Gervias guide 1-10 are amazing. Damn near pissed myself and crashed my car listening to them while driving to work. Dick Hill seems to be the perfect match for the Jack Reacher Novels just like James Marsders does for the Dresden Files. Still nothing worse than the four Song of Ice and Fire saga reader.

Denashi

Trakanon Raider
Douglas Adams and Mark Carwardine - Last Chance to See, Narrated by DNA himself ... It's laugh-out-loud funny and tragically sad at the same time!

mysterion_sl

shitlord
The Gunslinger's audiobook narrator was fantastic. later in the series (The Dark Tower) the original guy gets in a motorcycle accident and a new guy takes over that blows. But The Gunslinger was just a fantastic reading of the material.
QFT. Dark Tower reading is fantastic. Havent heard anything that good ever. (Only got to book 4, so didnt yet experience the new guy).

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
I really liked the Bourne Trilogy, read by Scott Brick I believe.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
I really enjoyed The Killer Angels (Gettysburg) on audio book. Not sure who reads it, but thought they did a fantastic job.