Greece, Italy, Etc - Cruise Ship

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hey all,

So... My mom just dropped a bomb on my wife and I and said hey, for Christmas andf your birthdays I want to go on a med. cruise with you guys it will be a blast!

Never been to Europe.

Basically we are looking at a cruise which hits Rome, Sicility, Santorini, Mykopos (Or something) Athens and others. We are looking at a cruise because we want to see as much as we can, and we also love cruises.

What is a good time of year to go? Any recommendations? We sail Royal Carribean :)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Hey all,

So... My mom just dropped a bomb on my wife and I and said hey, for Christmas andf your birthdays I want to go on a med. cruise with you guys it will be a blast!

Never been to Europe.

Basically we are looking at a cruise which hits Rome, Sicility, Santorini, Mykopos (Or something) Athens and others. We are looking at a cruise because we want to see as much as we can, and we also love cruises.

What is a good time of year to go? Any recommendations? We sail Royal Carribean :)
April is when I did this same trip and it was good weather the entire time. Right before the major rush of May-Oct.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don't do it!

giphy.gif

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So change of plans. Looks like a July 17-Auigust 3rd trip. Flying into Paris - and then

Paris 3 days including a trip to Normandy and the beach heads then -
2 Days Amsterdam/Holland
2 Days Berlin
1 Day Munich
1 Day Berchtesgaden
2 Days Lucern Switzerland
1 Day Monaco
2 Days Barcelona

Fire away any tips for these! :)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Haha. Not a cruise any longer. We will be leasing/renting a vehicle and basically going around Europe in a backwards C.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
As cruise disasters go that one wasn't too bad. 30 people died I think. If that ship didn't land on that shelf, could have been thousands.
Seems like good odds. What's the standard occupancy of a cruise ship?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Haha. Not a cruise any longer. We will be leasing/renting a vehicle and basically going around Europe in a backwards C.

Damnit, I had at least two more "Enjoy your cruise, Utnayan" responses planned out!

• 1Like

Vinen

God is dead
So change of plans. Looks like a July 17-Auigust 3rd trip. Flying into Paris - and then

Paris 3 days including a trip to Normandy and the beach heads then -
2 Days Amsterdam/Holland
2 Days Berlin
1 Day Munich
1 Day Berchtesgaden
2 Days Lucern Switzerland
1 Day Monaco
2 Days Barcelona

Fire away any tips for these! :)

That doesn't sound like a vacation. Sounds like stress.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Thing is, drive times between the areas where we are only staying one day is about 1-2 hours max. But I am willing to take any advice.

Basically this is a trip for my mom who wants to see as much as Europe as she can before she passes on. (She is 77) and wants to do this trip for that reason. I figured it would be a good scouting trip to see where we want to go for a long time.

If I had my way, I would be staying in Switzerland for the majority of it. :)

Or would want to do a Band of Brothers tour.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Gonna stay in a hole in the ground around Bastogne during sub-zero temperatures? Do you have to pay extra for the artillery bombardments?

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Thing is, drive times between the areas where we are only staying one day is about 1-2 hours max. But I am willing to take any advice.

Basically this is a trip for my mom who wants to see as much as Europe as she can before she passes on. (She is 77) and wants to do this trip for that reason. I figured it would be a good scouting trip to see where we want to go for a long time.

If I had my way, I would be staying in Switzerland for the majority of it. :)

Or would want to do a Band of Brothers tour.
Berlin-Munich is in no way 1-2 hours, 6-10 depending on the time of day and how much traffic there is. Same for Netherlands-Berlin.

Be prepared to cut 2-3 places to regenerate, since that pace is really crazy or add at least 5 days on top.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Consider scrapping most of those stops and parking it in Amsterdam?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
We did amend the days stayed. I know we have 3 days in Switzerland now, 2 days now in Berch, 2 days in Munich.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
With that said we are pretty crazy when we want to see as much as possible - total trip will be 16-17 days now I think.