Green Day

monotone17_sl

shitlord
Uno, Dos , and Tre are out now.

I've only listened to Uno and Dos. In my opinion they aren't bad. Not great, but are enjoyable for any Green Day fan. Seems like they took styles from all their albums.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there a band that has had such a sharp drop after their album Nimrod? They were producing great stuff even after they got signed to a label and it just went to hell after Warning it seems. Such a sad tale.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is a pro-wrassling thread in SPORTS now a Green Day thread can live here.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
^--- American Idiot?

[Sorry, the forum goof + Green Day made it too easy, I do like you]

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I enjoyed 21 and Uno. Their first two albums are easily their worst, aside from Welcome to Paradise.

Chris

Potato del Grande
American Idiot album was good, rest was shit.

Later stuff was generic and earlier was too whiny and paranoid.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
this is a pretty dumb thread. Dookie was a top 5 best album of the 90's and it was their breakout album. only place to go from there is down. if you want to make the point that Green Day dropped off, then you would have to say they dropped off after Dookie. Insomniac wasn't great but wasn't bad, Nimrod wasn't great but wasn't bad. fact of the matter is nothing they do will ever live up to Dookie; it was the the right album at the right time. American Idiot gets some acclaim from the liberal pussy types due to its anti-war propoganda but regardless it's not in the same stratosphere as Dookie.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Anti-war, Anti-goverment albums were all the rage in the early 2000s, once the aftermath of 9/11 had a few years to wear off. Green Day with American Idiot, Pearl Jam with their "Bushleaguer" song, Bright Eyes "When the President Talks to God", hell the Beastie Boys even had an anti-GeorgeW song "In a World Gone Mad". That shit was big circa 2002-2004 or so.

That being said, I compare Green Days "American Idiot" to U2s album "All That You Can't Leave Behind" from 2000. Both albums were good compared to some of the crap the bands had done just previous to that, it brought them back out of a decline briefly, but neither album was anywhere close to the bands at their creative peak (Green Day in the early to mid 90s with Kerplunk-Dookie-Insomniac, and U2 circa 1980-1990, ending with Achtung Baby, their last great album(maybe their best)