Grown Up Forum Moderation Vote

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Vbulletin posts poll threads before the writer has the option to make a poll, I always try to make the poll asap but it's just never fast enough =(

iannis

Musty Nester
I was going to vote for something, but light grey on white -- I think I might have just ordered a pizza.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Oh, and I have to say that if this forum is not more heavily moderated than general then what's the point of it?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Because I can go label "General" the "Current Events Forum" and it would be the same thing most of the time. This forum has more of a focus. Just like Other Games and MMORPG.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I enjoy Forum PvP as much as the next guy, but I like that I can go into GUS de-flag and have some adult conversations.

Some people just need to learn to either not post in GUS or learn how to hold back their venom. I am all for constructive criticism and that belongs in GUS, but people like Pops with his stupid one liners just need to stay the fuck in SS. Internet MD aychamo crosses the line in there a bit too, but at least his posts are relevant. He can't help being an asshole, it is just his nature.

EDIT: Voted Option 1. People already have SS (and RR for that matter) to go full shithead. There is no need to moderate GUS like General, because we already have ... wait for it ... General. GUS needs to be that next level of Moderation IMHO.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I kind of like the idea of a board where threads aren't allowed to devolve into name calling which is what happens in every other forum. I haven't heard anyone called a retard in this forum yet and it's quite nice. Obviously I wouldn't support this for the whole board but I would like it if trolling and name calling were banned on this forum only.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
And why is this even being put to a vote? I thought from day one GUS was intended to moderated. I wouldn't have posted half the shit I did in there if I knew it was going to be like general or possibly even SS.

This feels a little like "bait and switch." With all due respect to Tuco, Draegan and the rest of the Mods this bullshit.

EDIT: "Bait and Switch" for lack of a better phrase ... before all the Internet Lawyers come out ... I think you know what I meant

Sean_sl

shitlord
I voted for 3, but I meant 2 really (need poll change options). I don't really like the options at all though. I actually trust you guys to behave and police yourselves as a community. I don't think people should be afraid to call people stupid in here and shit like that either if someone really is being really dumb about something, just do it constructively. Just need people to not purposely go on troll sprees and I think if someone really is out of line with stuff then it can be reported or whatever.

I'd like to think that people here would behave in a section like this just because it's the right thing to do, not because they're afraid of Nazi-mods.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Sean, read the Parent Thread. The community told Cathan to get fucked in a pretty civil way. Compare that to Pop's one liners that add nothing and are only meant for his own amusement and you will see the difference.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Also, option 3 is like Ralph Nader ... you are just taking votes from one of the real candidates and possibly costing them the election. Even though this election is under protest!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Voted 2. I think people don't know how tightly moderated the finance and development forums have been, but I think it's a good example of how the GUF should be moderated.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Voted 2. I think people don't know how tightly moderated the finance and development forums have been, but I think it's a good example of how the GUF should be moderated.
False Advertising bro

/sadpanda

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
And why is this even being put to a vote? I thought from day one GUS was intended to moderated. I wouldn't have posted half the shit I did in there if I knew it was going to be like general or possibly even SS.

This feels a little like "bait and switch." With all due respect to Tuco, Draegan and the rest of the Mods this bullshit.

EDIT: "Bait and Switch" for lack of a better phrase ... before all the Internet Lawyers come out ... I think you know what I meant
Don't worry, being the nazi that I am, the answer was always going to be #2 at the least, though I wouldn't of gone as far as #1 unless people really wanted it.