Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Fedor

<Banned>
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Guardians of the Galaxy

Tagline: All heroes start somewhere.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: James Gunn

Cast: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Benicio del Toro, Laura Haddock, Sean Gunn, Peter Serafinowicz, Christopher Fairbank, Krystian Godlewski, Wyatt Oleff, Gregg Henry, Janis Ahern, Solomon Mousley, Lindsay Morton, Robert Firth, Melia Kreiling, Tom Proctor, Nick Holmes, Max Wrottesley, Stan Lee, Nicole Alexandra Shipley, Sharif Atkins, Brendan Fehr, Tomas Arana, Mikaela Hoover, Emmett Scanlan, Dominic Grant, Spencer Wilding, Alison Lintott, Alexis Rodney, Nathan Fillion, Keeley Forsyth, Frank Gilhooley, Alexis Denisof, Enzo Cilenti, Richard Katz, Enoch Frost, Ronan Summers, Ophelia Lovibond, Laura Ortiz, Marama Corlett, Rosie Jones, Abidemi Sobande, Alex Rose, Ekaterina Zalitko, Emily Redding, Fred, Stephen Blackehart, Jennifer Moylan-Taylor, Bruce Mackinnon, Ralph Ineson, Rob Zombie, Naomi Ryan, John Brotherton, Graham Shiels, James Gunn, Douglas Robson, Rachel Cullen, Isabella Poynton, Imogen Poynton, David Yarovesky, Miriam Lucia, Josh Brolin, Lloyd Kaufman, Tyler Bates, Seth Green, Jozef Aoki

Release: 2014-07-30

Runtime: 121

Plot: Light years from Earth, 26 years after being abducted, Peter Quill finds himself the prime target of a manhunt after discovering an orb wanted by Ronan the Accuser.

Fedor

<Banned>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2015381

http://vk.com/video-28416224_165782862

Ih8aW2A.jpg

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just don't know how you pull the raccoon off in a live action movie without the whole thing coming across as some bad joke.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users
I just don't know how you pull the raccoon off in a live action movie without the whole thing coming across as some bad joke.
If I knew nothing about the comics or the character I would agree. However, as someone who has read the comics I can say Rocket is a fucking bad ass.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Is anyone else getting a tongue-in-cheek vibe from that video? That concerns me a little, but maybe I'm just interpreting it wrong.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm getting a vaporware vibe.

One year from release and that's the best they can show us.

August 2016 is a more likely release date.

fucker_sl

shitlord
oh...there is change in the voice and i thought it was rocket talking. video is so bad his lips seems to be moving

what the guy says anyway ?

supertouch_sl

shitlord
There's a lot of humor to the series so I'm not bothered by the tone, but why the hell is Dave Bautista playing Drax?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Because you don't need a shakespearian actor to play a big muscular warrior, who most likely will only have like 5 lines anyways. The movie is supposed to be tongue in cheek, heck the comics were just like that. What else do you expect from a movie with a badass raccoon. I am seriously looking forward to it, since they have pretty much sll the infinity gems owners in it from Thanos Quest. I guess the gems are going to play a big part in it, and to some extent Thanos.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
oh...there is change in the voice and i thought it was rocket talking. video is so bad his lips seems to be moving

what the guy says anyway ?
"...personal death machine."

"subject 819t13
Calls itself rocket.
Wanted on over 50 charges of vehicular theft, and escape from lockup."

Rocket drags some phlegm and spits.
"Hauwk", ptgh"

"hooked on a" background music starts back up. as the credits pop up.

filandiel

Golden Knight of the Realm
The rock would have cost a lot more than Bautista, plus I remember drax being more of just a thug back when I read comics.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
keeps getting taken down and moved.. so if it's gone when you watch this, not my fault
smile.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I get that the comic is tongue in cheek, but I'm really not so sure that it is going to work as well for them as they are hoping in what will undoubtedly be anticipated as a major blockbuster movie like all the others by Marvel have been. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but I'm not sure how the average moviegoer will feel about it. I'd love to be wrong though.

I'm sort of disappointed with the choice of Zoe Saldana for Gamora. I'm not a big fan of Zoe's, but always liked Gamora, so I'm hoping it doesn't bother me too much. At least I can console myself with the knowledge that it isn't Michelle Rodriguez. *shudder*

• 1Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm getting a vaporware vibe.

One year from release and that's the best they can show us.

August 2016 is a more likely release date.
They just started filming... As of sdcc they had only been filming for a week. I'm honestly surprised to see ANYTHING already

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
imo, i think this is gonna suck...

guardians of the galaxy has always been a B grade comic imo, until they did the annihilation story in 05, which basically took another B grade character Nova, and made him cool. They didn't just pump up his power level from 5 to 110, they made him grow and mature, and he had to do this with his general/advisor peter quill(star lord), and peter quill relizes he's gotta protect the galaxy. during all this we see a reborn drax, who isn't a dumb brute, but a physical fighter, and just destroys, he is carried along and given a personality by the way of cammi, some blond girl he mistook for his daughter (Moondragon the bald lesbian telepath).

through all this he's just living, and protecting cammi until finally after 30 years
rrr_img_40754.jpg

Then quill forms the guardians with this cast
rrr_img_40755.jpg

my favorite version, before they started to add some time displaced cpt america(general victory or whatever)

then they just said, fck it... this is the new guardians of the galaxy, everyone is dead anyway
rrr_img_40756.jpg

and now... i guess they want to try to make a movie out of this... i'm guessing because 2 of the main guardians have direct ties with thanos
gamora and drax

this is how the guardians look now
rrr_img_40752.jpg

yea that's iron man, they have him flying through space for fun

maybe it's cuz i don't like the way the comics are being retconned and rewritten for films, or maybe it's cuz they pick such B grade actors. I mean vin diesal is actually a veteran actor, and his only like is "i am groot". drax is played by a dumb wrestler... who was terrible in that terrible man with iron fist movie, all he did was just walk around looking mad. gamora is an alien... so i guess zoe saldana just pops into ppls brains when they think they need an alien girl, i do agree tho, at least it's not michelle rodriguez.

the best they can do is just focus on rocket raccoon and maybe he'll steal the show.

i mean really, the reborn guardians with peter quill/mantis/phyla/drax/gamora/rocket and groot almost had a Serenity kind of feel to it, but this is all bleh.
rrr_img_40752.jpg

• 1Worf
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database