Guardians (Soviet Super Heroes)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Guardians (2017)

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Fantasy

Director: Sarik Andreasyan

Cast: Anton Pampushnyy, Sanzhar Madiyev, Sebastien Sisak, Alina Lanina, Valeriya Shkirando, Vyacheslav Razbegaev, Nikolay Shestak, Stanislav Shirin, Vladimir Butenko

Release: 2017-02-14

Plot: During the Cold War, an organization called "Patriot" created a super-hero squad, which includes members of multiple soviet republics. For years, the heroes had to hide their identities, but in hard times they must show themselves again.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That Russian X-Men movie looks better than the real X-Men movies. :)

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ive heard this had a $5,000,000 production budget. Amazing things they can get done in Russia.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am actually kind of looking forward to this. Saw another clip a month or two ago, lemme find it.

Here is is:

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
That wolf/bear character and his mini-gun...excellent!

No clue on what they said but just from that it looks better than BvS.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Who knows maybe not understanding what they say is gonna be a good thing. :)

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Would be more exited if they all had Russian accents like the girl after the English trailer.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
LOL, so stupid.

Russian bear with a assault rifle / minigun was just ripped out of here

5164058512_35f2ddc62b_b.jpg

russian-ninja-turtles.png

• 1Like

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Seems intresting, cant be worse then most of the Hollywood superhero crap that has been made the last few years :)

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
"Xenia(Fem 30) *screams" -- Glad they put a caption on that portion of the first trailer. Had no idea what was going on there.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If it's dubbed into english, I'm in.

• 1Barf

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
did anyone ever watch this?
I did, but the subs on the one I watched were apparently done by some random person, not a legitimate source (is there such a thing? a certified subtitle company?). And that person was apparently Russian and spoke some English. So you'd have a line that read something like, "You make good with deal, you no get hurt." Which, I'm gonna say, actually made the film more enjoyable. It was pretty bad. The story was very dumb and other than a couple narrative minutes at the beginning (where they essentially tell you what the bad guy has done, if I remember correctly), mostly ignored. Picture a scene with each character where they "recruit" them for 2 minutes, maybe have to "fight" a little bit or at least show off their powers to us viewers, and then they go do a mission against the bad guy for reasons which wasn't really clear to me, maybe due to the subs, maybe due to lack of any explanation in the first place, or maybe I just don't understand Russian logic. And then shit goes sideways, and I think someone gets captured and half want to go rescue them and half want to just give up and go back to being loners, and the (lack of) intellectually stimulating conversation that occurs about all that. And I think some more battling. Fuck if I remember, really. Characters literally did things that made no sense to me, even in hindsight.

I would give it about a 4/10 because it wasn't terrible and at least they had a good idea, +1 for hilarious subtitles and the water chick being amazingly hot, -1 for her not being naked and the whole thing being worse written than your typical comic book. I'd be interested to see if legit subtitles would help at all, but I honestly doubt it.

Goatface

it has 3.9 / 10 on imdb

according to the release dates, USA dvd didn't come out till sept, while most other home releases where in june/july

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database