Gunpowder

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
uKR2WA9CnBgqFXJ50KipDG35bfP.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Gunpowder[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-10-21[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]London, 1605. Robert Catesby, a 33-year old Warwickshire gentleman, devises a plot to blow up Parliament and kill the King.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

On UK TV tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
May be an interesting watch for Americans, this is the story of what is effectivly Britian's national day on 5th November - like our Independence Day. It's also the inspiration for the anonymous masks you see in V for Vendetta.

I guess I'll have to watch this.

There is a conspiracy that the whole thing was allowed to happen by the head of the british spies to discredit catholics, since they really shouldn't have been able to get that much gunpowder without arousing suspision. I wonder if they touch on that...

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh this is really good, brutal executions. I like how in Ep1 they show how fucked up England is killing Catholics, then Ep2 we get Spain being even more fucked up killing Jews!

...except BBC randomly putting a black guy in as Cecil's secretary for some reason.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
This was shit. Boring and unengaging.
Really!? Even when the Spanish Inquisition burned/crucified the Jews and put KKK hats on them?

I guess it's like how boring I find American Revolution/Civil War stuff ;)

Lusiphur

Peasant
Really!? Even when the Spanish Inquisition burned/crucified the Jews and put KKK hats on them?

Really. You do realise I am Scottish so your attempt at a zinger was well wide of the mark.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

have you seen the second episode? I'm confused because it's meant to air tonight and only ep 1 is on IPT

Chris

Potato del Grande
have you seen the second episode? I'm confused because it's meant to air tonight and only ep 1 is on IPT
Yeah thats in episode 2, I saw it last week. All 3 episodes went up immediatly on BBC iPlayer.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So we know why it wasn't on BBC America... its airing tonight on HBO so apparently a co-production between the BBC and HBO

Oldbased

> Than U
So I just came across this on HBO and a lady was being crushed to death. That caught my attention. Now I wonder if I need to watch all of them.