611 43 0 0
Dat magpul. <3

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
<Donors Crew>
6d 16h 29m
Reactions
611 43 0 0
Have ya'll seen any of the new pmags? Heard good things but have yet to see them.

Kovaks

<Donors Crew>
2d 6h 54m
Reactions
435 92 0 0
Picked up a mossberg 500 on sale black friday very happy with it overall but I think I would like to add on a different fore-end/pump. Any suggestions on good aftermarket pumps?

Comrade Araysar

Russian Turdgod
<Donors Crew>
Reactions
46,357 4,419 0 0
Have ya'll seen any of the new pmags? Heard good things but have yet to see them.
Gen 3 Pmags, shipping in January. No one has them yet

McQueen

<Donors Crew>
2d 15m
Reactions
564 107 0 0
Thewindowless gen3 pmagsare out already in black, they just sold out very fast. Windowed gen3 pmags are expected in January. I've heard great things about them, but want to wait for the windowed variety.

boozebagbeefhole

Knight of the Realm
20h 40m
Reactions
52 24 0 0
Anyone own/used the Springfield Armory? XD(M) 9mm? I want to get a range gun because 40 cal ammo has gotten way to out of hand.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
<Donors Crew>
6d 16h 29m
Reactions
611 43 0 0
Yea, I've never really cared about windowed/windowless. Guess I'll keep looking.

Any advice on (and I'm probably using the wrong terminology) painting a gun? My AR is getting banged up, and while I normally don't care, the girlfriend is offering to give it a one over but has no idea if she needs to do anything special/what to use.

I would assume just something heat resistant and cover any optics?

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
<Donors Crew>
6d 16h 29m
Reactions
611 43 0 0
For an AR, should I just have the ejection cover on? I don't think it would be good to get anything in there.

Junglefev3r

Lord Nagafen Raider
1d 16h 1m
Reactions
0 0 0 0
Depending on how much you plan on painting I would remove everything from the gun you don't want painted then tape off any hole or crack which may let paint into the inner workings of the gun. Simply closing the dust cover probably wouldn't do the job.

Reactions
0 0 0 0
It all depends on how well you want to do it. I have never felt the need to gussie up one of my AR's but if I did, it would be nothing less than a total breakdown and disassembly. Shit like barrel ports and magazine wells need to be taped up. If you are uncomfortable with AR assembly/disassembly your local gunsmith can do it for you for a few bucks.

Reactions
0 0 0 0
I shoot state a regional action pistol and 3 gun competitions on a monthly basis. In 2010 I took 6th place in a Midwest regional IDPA championship. When I was competing hard, I shot 10-12k rounds a month in practice. Not bragging by any means as there are many many ppl better than I am, I just wanted to establish my level of knowledge for when this thread takes off
smile.png
I freaking love guns!

Will post some of my competition and personal pieces later today.

smile.png

smile.png

Reactions
0 0 0 0
Yea, I've never really cared about windowed/windowless. Guess I'll keep looking.

Any advice on (and I'm probably using the wrong terminology) painting a gun? My AR is getting banged up, and while I normally don't care, the girlfriend is offering to give it a one over but has no idea if she needs to do anything special/what to use.

I would assume just something heat resistant and cover any optics?
Brownells or Midway USA has a good selection of spray on cerakote that works great. It is very durable and heat resistant. I would def consider it for any of the metal parts. For the plastic/wood pieces, krylon works just fine. Just make sure you sand everything down very well, and apply as many coats as you need to and sand in between. Krylon makes a great non gloss clear coat that works good for the final coat. Spray paint is not nearly as durable as cerakote/durakote/allumihide but is cheaper and faster.

Reactions
0 0 0 0
I've never closed the ejection port cover on any of my ARs. A few cheaper uppers don't even have covers or forward assists. If only goes from the safe to the range and back I wouldn't worry about it. Edit. I see you are probably referring to when you paint it lol. Yeh I'd leave it closed for painting.

Reactions
0 0 0 0
Anyone own/used the Springfield Armory? XD(M) 9mm? I want to get a range gun because 40 cal ammo has gotten way to out of hand.
Springfield XD's, S&W M&P's and Glocks all come down to personal preference. They are all fine pistols. I personally dislike the XD because of the higher bore axis and the grip angle doesnt work for me. I love the M&P's, but shoot Glocks just because I am much more familiar with them.

Try to get your hands on as many as possible just to see what feels good. Can't really go wrong with a modern striker fired polymer gun.

If you are willing to go metal frame, look at any variant of the CZ-75. They aren't as as we'll marketed in the states, but they are amazing pistols.

And 9mm is def the way to go now. With modern bullet design the caliber war is over.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
<Donors Crew>
6d 16h 29m
Reactions
611 43 0 0
Springfield XD's, S&W M&P's and Glocks all come down to personal preference. They are all fine pistols. I personally dislike the XD because of the higher bore axis and the grip angle doesnt work for me. I love the M&P's, but shoot Glocks just because I am much more familiar with them.

Try to get your hands on as many as possible just to see what feels good. Can't really go wrong with a modern striker fired polymer gun.

If you are willing to go metal frame, look at any variant of the CZ-75. They aren't as as we'll marketed in the states, but they are amazing pistols.

And 9mm is def the way to go now. With modern bullet design the caliber war is over.
CZ are very, very, very nice pistols.

I'm considering getting an XD myself in 9mm.

As far as self defence, I'd agree. Still prefer .45 for my general shooting though
wink.png

wink.png

wink.png

wink.png

Reactions
0 0 0 0
rrr_img_521.jpg

My 1911 agrees with you!!!

.45 ACP is my favorite round ever, and the 1911 is by far my favorite platform.

9mm may be more practical, but a .45 is just so much fun.

rrr_img_521.jpg

rrr_img_521.jpg

rrr_img_521.jpg