Guns Thread

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
29d 5h 0m
Yea and I say this as someone with a banshee (5.5in barrel) but that’s just too retarded.
I have a a 320 frame I was gonna sbr with a b&t grip that’s more practical and cheaper than this lol

McQueen

Trakanon Raider
22d 2h 33m
It's stupid that it has an integrated muzzle device. Who gives a shit about streamlining the barrel if you can't mount a can?

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
29d 5h 0m
Yea that too. It could almost be forgiven if you could throw a can on there. Especially with 9mm.

I’ve shot a suppressed rattler (300blk, 5inch barrel) and it’s dog shit.

McQueen

Trakanon Raider
22d 2h 33m
They chopped the barrel, gimped the muzzle device, removed the handguard, simplified the brace and cut the MSRP $400. That math doesn't seem to check out in favor of the pig nose. It's probably not coming with BUIS either. My MPX-K-PSB didn't.

Fadaar

That guy
25d 11h 31m
Attractive to me since I already have an SBR'd MPX, assuming I can get ahold of the just the upper at a reasonable price.

McQueen McQueen that sucks, I really like the irons that came with mine.

Sludig

Blackwing Lair Raider
26d 23h 38m
Not with a rds with it at least. I ordered mine thru a local dealer. Wish they had black from start. Like fde but would have gone black since I'm not sure if they approve non black handguns at my department, hasn't asked yet but a guess.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Senators Introduce Assault Weapons Ban

Some highlights are:

Key provisions:
  • Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines.
Exemptions to bill:
  • The bill exempts by name more than 2,200 guns for hunting, household defense or recreational purposes.
  • The bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment.
Other provisions:
  • Requires a background check on any future sale, trade or gifting of an assault weapon covered by the bill.
  • Requires that grandfathered assault weapons are stored using a secure gun storage or safety device like a trigger lock.
  • Prohibits the transfer of high-capacity ammunition magazines.
  • Bans bump-fire stocks and other devices that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire at fully automatic rates.
Updates to Assault Weapons Ban of 2017:
  • Bans stocks that are “otherwise foldable or adjustable in a manner that operates to reduce the length, size, or any other dimension, or otherwise enhances the concealability of a firearm.”
  • Bans assault pistols that weigh 50 or more ounces when unloaded, a policy included in the original 1994 ban.
  • Bans assault pistol stabilizing braces that transform assault pistols into assault rifles by allowing the shooter to shoulder the weapon and fire more accurately.
  • Bans Thordsen-type grips and stocks that are designed to evade a ban on assault weapons.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
21d 2h 10m
I'm not even sure what your point is in caring about this. Do you think it has a chance of passing? No. it's grandstanding by liberal senators. No different than the republican house voting 100,000 times to repeal obamacare when they knew it would never make it out of the senate, much less be signed.

For real, don't waste the energy on stuff like this. People can't stay at high alert forever.

McQueen

Trakanon Raider
22d 2h 33m
That they're specifically targeting Thordsen stocks and pistol braces shows they've learned from bump stocks and will target those "loopholes" in the future.

• Solidarity
Reactions: Kiki and Ignatius

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not even sure why you think I was concerned?

I just posted what they crazies are proposing. I understand it is completely dead but I figured everyone would get a kick out of reading it.

Reactions: McQueen

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
29d 5h 0m
I agree with McQueen. It’s not concerning in the sense of “omg they’re doing it for real this time”, but more in that they’re learning and adapting.

If the bump fire thing goes through you can bet your ass they’ll do the same thing to braces when they have a chance.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah and I can see other small things going ie binary triggers, match grade triggers and light weight bolts anything to increase fire rate or make those scary black rifles. I think I am going to make a junk rifle from parts and paint it orange so its a safety rifle.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
21d 2h 10m
What's a Thordsen stock? Looks like it's just a 'california compliant' stock. I don't see any on their website that affect rate of fire.

McQueen

Trakanon Raider
22d 2h 33m
It's a loophole to get around the various state laws that would prohibit pistol grips or impose a limit on scary features.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
21d 2h 10m
*squintyeyes*

How is building a gun the way they tell you to (through the law) a loophole?

I mean clearly they must think that if they want to ban it. But seriously where will that argument end if the courts allow it? Well start seeing them claim that all semi autos are functionally the same so having a traditional stock is just to evade the ban.

Also they still don't know what an assault weapon is.

On the other hand it's good to know that apparently those stocks really stick in their craw. They just went from being godawful ugly to beautiful in my eyes for some reason.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
47d 7h 39m
LOL, queue in the next sales run on "assault" rifles this spring.

all this does is sells more weapons, lul.