Hades (Supergiant Games)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So to get this "early access" game you need the epic store. It is 19.99 and both of those down sides are worth it. Truly their best work, kind of feels like bastion but the upgrade system is rogue like. The only thing early access about this game is the amount of areas you can get to. It is so polished and feels so damn good to play, worth grabbing right now if you like this type of game.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This has been on my wish list for awhile, and was the main reason I bought a new controller for my PC. However, I have a lot on my plate right now with Outward and RoR2. I will be picking this up after I finish up with Outward.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
For some reason I don't like their games. I have tried Bastion about 6 times and just can't stick with it. This just looks like more of the same to me.

One man's garbage is someone else's treasure and all that.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This game is so good, yall missing out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This game is fun as fuck, but some parts are pretty hard to me. Just starting, only a few hours in but enjoying it a ton

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've been getting the free games every couple weeks and looked at this pretty hard a month or so ago. The early access and estimated release date being Q1 2020 put me off, but that video makes it look super polished and awesome already. Fuck it. I'm in.

Edit: There's some kind of event or something going on and I got $10 off. At $10 I'll literally never regret this.

• 1Like

Hekotat

God damn this game is awesome, highly recommended. I love how the story unfolds more and more when you die giving you reason to keep going. If you liked Dead Cells pick this up, I feel it's a better game though.

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
This game has exceeded my expectations and more. Combat is tight, gameplay is fun, the randomness keeps it interesting, voice acting is great. Well worth the price.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This looks great as usual from SuperGiant, but what the fuck is with ash-skinned WokeThena in that video? Come on guys.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Is this a PC only game?

Looks like it'd be a lot of fun on console.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This looks great as usual from SuperGiant, but what the fuck is with ash-skinned WokeThena in that video? Come on guys.
I’ve played this for about 5-6 hours and can confidently say that there is nothing woke or even political about this game. It’s quite charming and true to Greek mythology.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I’ve unlocked all the weapons and really enjoy the javelin, but it seems like you really need to fish for the good power ups to be super effective. Maybe I’m playing wrong, but Asphodel really slows down with a jack of all trades build. I imagine the Hydra would be pretty hard with a melee build.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I’ve unlocked all the weapons and really enjoy the javelin, but it seems like you really need to fish for the good power ups to be super effective. Maybe I’m playing wrong, but Asphodel really slows down with a jack of all trades build. I imagine the Hydra would be pretty hard with a melee build.

Daedalus Hammer upgrade is key to any build, get that early and build off that.
My tier list:
-Stygian blade: Instant Nova+knockbacks+extra pillar/debris/wall damage(poseidon).
-Eternal Spear: Extended jab, combine this with other range increases and you can poke people a full screen away. Multi-skewer is trash and needs a buff, vicious skewer is next best but the playstyle feels janky.
-Heart-Seeking Bow: Relentless barrage is so OP, combined with other special boosts you kill everything close range in one button press.
-Shield of Chaos(my favorite)Dashing Wallop, with knock back/extra pillar/wall damage is insane. Bonus if you can increase any of those, you basically dash/smash repeat until dead. By far the fastest way to kill trash. Against bosses you want +attack power and cool bonuses to your dash skill. You basically never take damage because you are one big reflection as you attack.

-Another build for shield is Mirage Flight/Dreadflight/explosive return. Hard to get three hammers in a run but I have done it. With this you just dash smash, throw, repeat. Really shines with Aphrodite and Zeus combos with a little Poseidon thrown in for extra knockback.
-Adamant Rail: Triple Bomb, little slower than I like and sucks for the dudes that leap screens away but its base dmg is massive and only grows from there.
Flurry fire and spread fire are also great if you go the poison route, get in full stack poison and switch targets. Even better when combined with Aphrodite weak+duo for extra stacks doing upwards of 40-55 dmg a tick.

Top tier gods are:
-Poseidon(pushback)
-Aphrodite(weak)
-Athena(deflect)
All above make any build stronger the rest are more situational
-Artemis is for fast attacks/crit builds
-Dionysus is kind of an all in god, but when he works out the damage is insane. Best with fast attacks/AoEs+Aphrodite Duo for the stacks.
-Ares is about the doom stacks which are good on paper but rarely pans out(the delay on damage is too long), he does have a great dash attack though, which is awesome with Engulfing vortex. Pick this guy if you don't have a dash yet or your "attack" build is fleshed out and go for the straight+8% damage on attacks.
-Zeus is mostly garbage. Electric shot is nice on its own and has the best "wrath" ability but he is an all or nothing type and you never get enough Zeus abilities to make lightening worth picking over another power. Avoid Zeus unless it is the first god they give you then go all Zeus and hope for a Poseidon or Artemis Duo.

That said there is so many builds out there this is just what I have experienced to be effective in my play time so far.

• 1Like

Hekotat

I still like the sword the best, always looking for Poseidon or Dionysus upgrades.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Fury, it seems too few and far between uses for me to pick it up.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is this a PC only game?

Looks like it'd be a lot of fun on console.
PC only while it's still in early access, console versions once it's officially released. Probably even on Switch too since Supergiant has been pretty good about that, though maybe delayed a bit longer than PS4/Xbone. Doesn't sound like EA is anywhere close to over though, unfortunately.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Got my first clear just now. I took Hatorade Hatorade 's advice and stacked some up boons and boosts for the special on the Shield and it was stupid OP.

• 1Solidarity