Halloween (2018)

Fedor

<Banned>
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Halloween (2018)

Genre: Horror

Director: David Gordon Green

Cast: Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Will Patton, Virginia Gardner, Nick Castle, Miles Robbins, Toby Huss, Jefferson Hall, Haluk Bilginer, Christopher Allen Nelson, Omar J. Dorsey, Dylan Arnold, Rhian Rees, James Jude Courtney, Hannah Russell, Drew Scheid, Charlie Benton, Carmela McNeal, Jared Moser, Marian Green, Diva Tyler, Vince Mattis, Pedro Lopez, Koby Griffin, Chris Holloway, Rob Niter, Omar Azimi, Michael Harrity, Brittani Cox, Edward Stachyra, Michael Smallwood, Jibrail Nantambu, David Lowe, Johnny Price, Brien Gregorie, Ranisha Wood, Matthew Anderson, Angela Anderson, W.F. Bell, Willie Tyrone Ferguson, Aaron Christian Paderewski, Anthony Woodle

Release: 2018-10-19

Plot: Jamie Lee Curtis returns to her iconic role as Laurie Strode, who comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago. This film, the 11th film in the "Halloween" series, will ignore the events of all previous sequels, picking up 40 years after the events of the original film.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So this is what, the FOURTH fucking reboot of a horror series where the villain doesn't actually have any clear supernatural connection (like Freddy or Jason) until the Rob Zombie reboots, yet survives being shot, engulfed in a burning operating theater, dropped down a mine shaft, injected full of corrosive laced tranquilizers and beaten with a lead pipe, decapitation (this was a direct retcon though), and trapped in a burning garage.

I mean maybe the fact that he survives all this shit is supposed to imply that he's supernatural without directly stating it, but meh. The only good thing about this franchise is the original score, the Michael Myers theme is fantastic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Being rehashed by lots of directors with a lot less talent than John Carpenter.

• 2Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'm cautiously optimistic.

Its basically a reboot after* the 1978 Halloween. Before it got wet wild and crazy, competing with the rise of slashers.

Not sure how they'll explain how he got arrested, but I feel like theyll end up going the route of retard strength.

Cuetis is back as grandma, and castle is sorta back? Carpenter suppose exec producer. I feel like this will probably be the nail in the coffin good or bad. Beyond this will end up being Jason X fuckery.

Last edited:

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I actually enjoyed H20 - too bad they're leaving that behind.

Grandma Curtis is a sexy octogenarian. Will certainly buy the DVD.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So this is what, the FOURTH fucking reboot of a horror series where the villain doesn't actually have any clear supernatural connection (like Freddy or Jason) until the Rob Zombie reboots, yet survives being shot, engulfed in a burning operating theater, dropped down a mine shaft, injected full of corrosive laced tranquilizers and beaten with a lead pipe, decapitation (this was a direct retcon though), and trapped in a burning garage.

I mean maybe the fact that he survives all this shit is supposed to imply that he's supernatural without directly stating it, but meh. The only good thing about this franchise is the original score, the Michael Myers theme is fantastic.

Wasn't it some druid curse? Thought that's what they mentioned in The Curse of Michael Meyers which was like the 6th or so.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wasn't it some druid curse? Thought that's what they mentioned in The Curse of Michael Meyers which was like the 6th or so.

IIRC the cult believed it was a druid curse but it was all pretty vague whether it was real or if they were just delusional, and it doesn't really make much sense anyway. Did the cult decide to curse some random 6 year old and then when he murders his older sister completely ignore him for the next 30+ years? Then they kidnap and rape his niece for whatever reason? I legitimately don't really remember the details but I suspect the fact that Halloween 6 being such a load of nonsense is why H20 pretends that 4, 5, and 6 never happened.

Ironically the H20 retcon of Return, Revenge, and Curse actually made a supernatural connection more plausible since it removed the inconsistency of him ignoring being shot 6 times at the end of 1, but being in a coma for a decade after 2 and needing a year to recover after being dropped into a mine shaft in 4, but then they shit all over that by having Laurie flat out decapitate him, then saying he used a body double to survive that one. The Rob Zombie reboot was just meh, like all Rob Zombie movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fedor

<Banned>
part of it is shown in the newest trailer

Halloween Director Teases Amazing One-Shot Scene Of Michael Going To Work

I’m dying for Halloween fans to see the sequence — it’s a one-shot sequence when Mike gets back to work. It’s a very long shot. A very complicated scenario that we took a long time rehearsing and strategized on how to achieve it in one shot. Michael does a little trick-or-treating of his own, and that’s pretty exciting.

spronk

FPS noob

xkxlmEb.gif

• 7Worf
  • 5Like
Reactions: 11 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database