Halo Infinite

spronk

FPS noob
teaser Tweet went out today morning

we should see more info on the game at the xbox first party Series X Games showcase event in July, no specific date yet but it probably won't stream on mixer (HEYO)

Game is supposed to release in holiday 2020, play on any xbox and PC, probably release on steam too, and really not much else known right now other than the teaser cinematic from last E3

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
it is pretty funny shit, some of this stuff looked likt it was running on an OG xbox

Ht2ik6JRkiTsUQq8u99gea-1200-80.png

i mean, jesus christ i'm playing xenoblade chronicles and thats a 3ds game port and it looks sorta similar

• 3Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks dated as fuck. Nothing in that screams next gen...

Even the grappling hook feels off. Like if grandpa pulled a grappling hook move. Going from pathfinder hooks in apex to this is like, no.

Xevy

Log Wizard
At least it appears to be on PC as well? Says Windows 10. That could be the only reason it does decent sales.

spronk

FPS noob
the news just keeps getting better
edit: tweet deleted, it said multiplayer will not be included at launch but apparently 343 has tweeted out that it will

Halo MCC was such a disaster at launch and it took like 3 years to fix it

the funny thing is everyone is gonna be playing Cyberpunk 2077 when ps5/xb2 launch, there are almost no great first party games. so why rush it out, just cut CDPR a check to put in some exclusive xbox DLC or something

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
it is pretty funny shit, some of this stuff looked likt it was running on an OG xbox

Ht2ik6JRkiTsUQq8u99gea-1200-80.png

i mean, jesus christ i'm playing xenoblade chronicles and thats a 3ds game port and it looks sorta similar

Yeah, poor lighting and no meaningful depth of field makes this looks super bad. Those two things would salvage even this mishmash of different models, colors and textures.

'Early build', lol, we'll see what ships.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
What were they thinking. Reliving the nostalgia and respecting the original material can only get you so far. At some point, you have to work...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

thats like 3/4 of the blues from rvb

whats the point of releasing halo infinite w/ no rvb?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This makes a lot of sense.

tl;dw: without any form of light tracing, modern development and texturing techniques will make games look Halo Infinity look flat. That being said there are also a lot of questionable texturing decisions and art choices (opaque explosions, shielding)

Either way, a lot of work to be done. They said they're doing some of it (ray tracing support after launch), we'll see where things end up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why show any of it for the main xbox reveal when the backlash is 100pct expected. Such poor decision.

Fadaar

That guy

thats like 3/4 of the blues from rvb

whats the point of releasing halo infinite w/ no rvb?

TBH I lost interest in RT/AH when Ray left. Used to watch tons of their content but at some point just stopped caring.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
TBH I lost interest in RT/AH when Ray left. Used to watch tons of their content but at some point just stopped caring.
rt went to shit when they got that buy out, and had loads of $$$ and decided to hire literal jerk off material

thotts

and whores