Halo

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Halo

Genre: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Cast: Pablo Schreiber, Yerin Ha, Natascha McElhone, Shabana Azmi, Bokeem Woodbine, Kate Kennedy, Natasha Culzac, Bentley Kalu, Danny Sapani, Olive Gray, Charlie Murphy, Jen Taylor

Overview: Set in the 24th century, this live-action series based on the video game focuses on an interstellar war between humans and an alien race known as the Covenant, largely through the eyes of Master Chief John-117, an enhanced supersoldier, and his AI companion Cortana.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
No TMDB link yet. So some other links until then:

Master Chief (at least he is giant at 6'5")

Guy who played "Mike Milligan" in Fargo has a main role (dude was fucking amazing in that 2nd season)

Natascha McElhone's fine old ass is Cortana. The guy who directed the first episode of Black Mirror (did the first 3 Peaky Blinders episodes) is the director.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Pablo is going to nail this fucking role, loved him in American Gods even though the show took a bad turn.

I am hyped now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Haven't played any of the games other than a bit of 1. What's the general story to the IP?

"In the distant past, a powerful race called the Forerunners fought an alien parasite known as the Flood. The Flood and the Gravemind, which spread through infestation of sentient life, overran much of the Milky Way Galaxy. Exhausted by their war and after having explored all other options, the Forerunners conceived a weapon of last resort to combat the Flood, called the Halo Array. Using an installation known as the Ark, they built large ring-shaped megastructures known as Halos. The Halo Array, when activated, would destroy all sentient life in the galaxy – depriving the Flood of their food, after which samples of the lost lifeforms would be reseeded. Delaying as long as they could, the Forerunners activated the rings and disappeared.[14]

Nearly a hundred thousand years later, in the 26th century, humanity – under the auspices of the United Nations Space Command, or UNSC – colonize many worlds thanks to the development of faster-than-light "slipspace" travel. Tensions escalate between the older and more stable "Inner Colonies" and the newer, remote "Outer Colonies", leading to civil war. The UNSC sponsors the Spartan-II program to create an elite group of enhanced supersoldiers, whose purpose is to suppress the rebellions covertly.[15] In the year 2525, human worlds come under attack by a theocratic alliance of alien races known as the Covenant. The Covenant leadership declares humanity heretics and an affront to their gods – the Forerunners – and begins a holy war of genocide. The Covenant's superior technology and numbers prove decisive advantages; though effective, the Spartans are too few in number to turn the tide of battle in humanity's favor." - Wikipedia

I'd also strongly recommend at least playing the first one. It's one of the best games ever made. It's up there with Half-Life and Bioshock for me as best FPS ever.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I remember there are a series of companion books. A friend of mine practically forced me to read the first couple. They were pretty good. Master Chief's origin and teh background behind the Spartans was awesome, kind of tropey but whatever, it isn't fucking Shakespeare it's Halo.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
@Dom with pc gamepass pick up master chief for free.

Halo reach just released and is the prequel of Halo 1, 2, and 3. Play at least reach then halo 1. Many consider Halo 2 the best one. The religious zealotry of the covenant is insane. I second Blitz Blitz and agree that the original games by Bungie are god tier.

Sadly 4 and 5 suck but many are hopeful for Halo Infinite

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
@Dom with pc gamepass pick up master chief for free.

Halo reach just released and is the prequel of Halo 1, 2, and 3. Play at least reach then halo 1. Many consider Halo 2 the best one. The religious zealotry of the covenant is insane. I second Blitz Blitz and agree that the original games by Bungie are god tier.

Sadly 4 and 5 suck but many are hopeful for Halo Infinite

Signed up for it and it's installing now. No issues at all playing Reach first, then?

Edit: NVM. I see that it's a prequel of sorts

Last edited by a moderator:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Signed up for it and it's installing now. No issues at all playing Reach first, then?

zero that is where I started too.Just understand you are playing as these elite spartans but not Master Chief....yet. You play as him in halo 1 which is right after Reach.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Edit: NVM. I see that it's a prequel of sorts
EDIT: whoops, thought you were asking about what to play next Dom.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Haven't played any of the games other than a bit of 1. What's the general story to the IP?
Its a bit long but you can watch every cutscene in order and its a pretty cool story if you like the idea of the Halo ring/universe.

There are also 2 i"movies" on hulu/netflix/amazon. Pretty sweet cgi movies dealing with some back story and how things are.

Forward unto dawn is the hulu movie.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Forward unto dawn is good, and narina chick is hot.

The "core" plot of Halo 1 is good... 2 adds some convaluted stuff but kinda keeps the centeral arc...then...wheaboos

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Forward unto dawn is good, and narina chick is hot.

The "core" plot of Halo 1 is good... 2 adds some convaluted stuff but kinda keeps the centeral arc...then...wheaboos

Arbiter!

Cybsled

I remember there are a series of companion books. A friend of mine practically forced me to read the first couple. They were pretty good. Master Chief's origin and teh background behind the Spartans was awesome, kind of tropey but whatever, it isn't fucking Shakespeare it's Halo.

Fall of Reach? Ya, that was a fun read, even if you weren't into Halo.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database