Ham vs Turkey

What do you prefer to eat for Christmas?

• Total voters

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Ham vs turkey. What do you prefer for xmas? Ham has grown on me over the years if it's honey baked with lots of sugar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Turkey is crap meat. It's dry no matter what. People who say it isn't are deluded. I'll never cook a turkey again if I can help it.

We cook goose at Christmas. Sometimes duck, but goose is better. Ham is good, too.

• 2Moron
  • 1Garbage
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Turkey is crap meat. It's dry no matter what. People who say it isn't are deluded. I'll never cook a turkey again if I can help it.

Learn to cook.

We brined one and smoked it for Thanksgiving. Was juicy as fuck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Witless

Trakanon Raider
Smoked turkey > Honey glazed ham > All other forms of meat. I have a special place in my heart for smoked game hens that a friends dad would make and give out as Christmas gifts to all us kids.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

We cook goose at Christmas. Sometimes duck, but goose is better. Ham is good, too.

Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for having it.

Turkey with cranberry's and gravy is some of the best shit on earth.

That said, Turkey is for Thanksgiving, Christmas gets a Ham. This is known.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole

Good point, it's hard to judge the meats alone.

Turkey you're going to have gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, etc. Ham you have baked beans. Mmmmmm.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We get gifted a Greenberg every year, but that’s out because of the fire this year. Ham it is.

1608588266361.jpeg

• 1Quality Calories

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>

Lithose, typical conservative. Be more progressive, have a ham for Thanksgiving and turkey for Christmas

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Good point, it's hard to judge the meats alone.

Turkey you're going to have gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, etc. Ham you have baked beans. Mmmmmm.
Uhh no. You also have mashed potatos with ham along with other stuff. Baked beans on a holiday? Wtf? You on food stamps?

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Good god you are a faggot.
Baked beans are for camping or grilling. Unless that's how you're spending your Christmas they have no place on a traditional Christmas table.

• 1Bullshit

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

No. Turkey NEEDS cranberry and gravy in order to not taste like crap. Cook a superior bird. One that can stand on its own.

• 1Slow

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
No. Turkey NEEDS cranberry and gravy in order to not taste like crap. Cook a superior bird. One that can stand on its own.
So you don't season your ham? Or do anything to it?

🤔🤔🤔

• 1Slow

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So you don't season your ham? Or do anything to it?

🤔🤔🤔

Not what I said, and not a smart reply. Of course I season my ham. But, once it's cooked, I take a piece of ham by itself, no other trimmings, and eat it and think, "damn, that's delicious." You can't do the same with turkey. Pick up a piece of turkey, put it in your mouth, and you think, "that would be better with cranberry sauce."

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would have chosen both as my family always has both at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is always a big affair and we send some of the leftovers to those that couldn't make it(especially this year). I chose turkey though because I have ham often during the year. Turkey that is brined and deep fried or smoked is such a treat. It can be fucked up but hasn't been around here in years.

• 1Potato