Ham's Top Albums of 2014

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Where the fuck is ham? How will I know what music I should have been listening to all year?

I've listened the shit out of RTJ2. It keeps getting better with every listen, too.

Simas_sl

shitlord
RTJ2 is at top of my list almost certainly.

I found this below on some year-end lists and I've been way into it lately.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
RTJ2 is at top of my list almost certainly.

I found this below on some year-end lists and I've been way into it lately.
oooh glad I came here...

I've probably listened to RTJ about 5000 times... didnt know RTJ2 was available!

thx $$

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I really liked Hozier's self titled debut this year.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Gotta throw my hat in the ring for Run The Jewels as well. Some decent albums released this year, but nothing grabbed me by the balls like RTJ and RTJ2.

Honorable mention goes to Mastodon... I thought Once More 'Round The Sun was fucking fantastic.

Retarded dishonorable nomination goes to Froggy Fresh

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
YG's album was tight.
Yeah, "Who Do You Love" is really good. I was listening to it yesterday though and I realized he says American Inventor a LOT. Made me a bit uncomfortable.

As for Froggy Fresh, I thought he was outed as actually not being retarded and the Froggy Fresh thing was just a gimmick for publicity?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Honestly my favorite album from this year is probably Jack White's Lazaretto. It's not a very hipster choice, but that album is badass. Title track:

I also really enjoyed Lake Street Dive's newest album, Bad Self Portraits. I'm digging some of these fresh revival groups.

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings is another one. Who also had an album come out this year.

And I always have to plug Chris Thile's work. Because he's one of the biggest badasses in music these days. Nickel Creek had their first album in years come out this year. This song isn't typical of their sound, but the video is sweet.

And for you prog cats, Transatlantic had an album come out this year. Mike Portnoy drumming is always worth a listen.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Second to Lazaretto, I've WORN this album out. Big Wreck's 4th album is fucking killer. Ridiculous talent in this band.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
As for Froggy Fresh, I thought he was outed as actually not being retarded and the Froggy Fresh thing was just a gimmick for publicity?
Yeah his real rap game name isTyler Cassidy-- not bad, but not great. I'd argue that his Froggy Fresh (AKA Krispy Kreme) persona is superior because the comedy/catchy factor is so high. I wasn't actually hating on him; I actually think his new album Dream Team is damn good, and Reindeer Games is one of the catchiest tracks I've heard all year.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just wait for pitchfork's top 50 in 2014 post in a few weeks. thats where he usually steals his ideas from anyways

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Just wait for pitchfork's top 50 in 2014 post in a few weeks. thats where he usually steals his ideas from anyways
Are there any sites/magazines that split the difference between Pitchforks "trying so hard to be hipster that it hurts" vibe and Rolling Stone's "Springsteen and U2 are still relevant" reputation? There has to be a middle-ground somewhere that is a good resource for decent new music.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Those Run The Jewels albums are just monsters. Messes with my head while listening that Killer Mike is Taquil from Friskey Dingo. The new alt-j album had some good tracks but it's a lot of studio magic and they sound like shit live. Mogwai Rave Tapes was really good, a few standouts but overall a good Mogwai album

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's weird to basically leave a forum for a year and come back to pick up where things left off.

I'll post some of my favorites shortly