Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Eh, I could see Disney being a little pissy about it, but that synopsis is as much of a spoiler as telling someone that the ship sinks in Titanic.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah they pretty much tipped their hand and showed that card the moment they announced that Glover had been cast to play Lando. You know they're going to show that fateful game of sabacc in a movie with younger versions of those characters in it.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Disney is hard at it turning all of their old animated stuff into live action films, most of them stand alones. They've just shoved a live action Dumbo movie into the pipeline, with Tim Burton directing. It continues to mystify me how that guy keeps getting work.

Because he makes studios a shit ton of money?

Wikipedia has him at an all-time No. 8 with nearly 4 billion domestic revenue made by his movies.

From the seven guys ahead of him (Spielberg, Peter Jackson, James Cameron, Michael Bay, David Yates, Christopher Nolan and Robert Zemeckis), arguably only 2 or 3 would be up for straight commissioned work from a big studio (can you imagine Disney calling up Cameron or Nolan for "hey .. wanna do a live action Dumbo?") and those that would be up for this kind of work are also working for Disney. (Spielberg seems to be working on the now-Disney Indiana Jones 5, but that's something of a different case, I suppose).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
chewie looks like a "what the fuck am i doing here" face. also, is that... danaerys targaryen?
Han Solo - Smuggler. Scoundrel. Hero. A New Star Wars Story Begins | StarWars.com

han-solo-begins-tall.jpg

• 1Like

Royal

So Phoebe Waller-Bridge has been cast. She denied the rumors that she was under consideration when they surfaced last week.

And they're still standing by that May '18 release date? Interesting ...

Last edited:

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, its wild that ep8 is taking so long in post production and this one is going full bore for a 15 month release. I think part of it has to be something I remember them discussing during the very early stages of ep7, that now they will have partially constructed sets and such they can reuse and don't have to spend time working on so things will start moving more quickly. They've got a working Falcon set pretty much all the time now, thats gotta shave a couple weeks off of things alone.

Royal

I don't mean interesting from the standpoint of them being able to get it made in that timeframe but rather how that throws a kink into the pacing of their release slate schedule. Sticking with May '18 for Solo means they'd follow up two movies opening 5 months apart with an 18 month gap between films. Unless they're planning on announcing another anthology movie that will open during mid-2019 which they would have to do soon if that's the plan.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
that's kind of the word I've been hearing, that this might start the 2 a year thing

Royal

If they go with that plan then it pretty much guarantees we'll be seeing that Boba Fett movie they were damn close to announcing until Trank showed his ass on FF. That's probably the only thing they have enough of the pre-production already done on that they can swing into full production and have it finished in time for summer 2019. Celebration might be loaded with news this year.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Am I the only one to find it odd that Woody Harrelson is going to be in a Star Wars movie?

I think as far as Garris Shrike goes, he could do a decent job, I think he could pull off the angry trigger happy asshole fairly well.

• 1Solidarity

Royal

Judging from that cast pic it probably depends on how much weed they allow on set.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Watched "Hail Ceasar!" and "Beautiful Creatures" tonight and I'm feeling much better about this film now. Alden Ehrenreich seems to have some pretty solid acting chops.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I want this movie to start off with Harrison Ford and Billy Dee sitting in a cantina at Mos Eisley (or wherever) bullshitting and reminiscing about the old days as the lead in to the actual younger days plot. I want to see those two in character just one last time. Sure it'd be a little odd to see an obvious change of actors as you go backwards in time but fuck it.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
As an aside, we just booked our family pic with Mark Hamil at the Dallas Fan Expo for next month. Once I've had my picture with him, I'll have accomplished all I need to in this life.

Royal

Woody Harrelson spilled his character's name on Fallon last night. His name is Beckett who he described as " kind of a criminal and a mentor to Han".

• 1Like