HarmonQuest

Brikker

Trump's Staff
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
a1zOvkv7kkrvDrKu4C7s0DQkcWI.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]HarmonQuest[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Animation[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-07-14[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]HarmonQuest is a fantasy comedy adventure series that melds live action comedians riffing on a stage in front of a live studio audience with animated forays into a fantasy adventure roleplaying game. The intrepid comedians, Dan Harmon, Jeff Davis, and Erin McGathy, along with a rotating special guest member, gather around a kitchen table and attempt to play the game and fail in hilarious fashion, to the chagrin of their adjudicator-referee- Game Master Spencer Crittenden.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

https://www.facebook.com/Harmonquest/?fref=nf

Looks like an improv comedy set to D&D roleplaying sessions; various comedians involved. Could be pretty funny if it's like typical Harmon comedy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Watching 30-something neckbeards get irritated by TV celebrities on account of their poor D&D decisions with cut-scenes to animated depictions of same seems like comedy gold to me. I would be skeptical if this was done by anyone other than Dan Harmon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Spencer is a Goddamn Treasure

They essentially did this for about 4 years on the Harmontown Podcast, then they moved to shadowrun and it sucked.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh god, how did I miss this podcast piece. Listened to them for awhile today at work. Motherfucking priceless.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll assume Brian Posehn will be on at some point, though part of me is sad PFT won't be on every episode.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'll assume Brian Posehn will be on at some point, though part of me is sad PFT won't be on every episode.
Posehn may be getting the band back together. However one of the guys got cancer, and I dont think Sark will ever be back on. This was all taped last year, the redhead is Dan Harmon's now ex-wife. She is a terrible D&D player because she would constantly derail on the Pod. She had great enthusiasm and Dan did a ton of Derailing himself. There was a hard edit there where you know it went on WAYY too long when she was ripping guts out.

What they really really really need is Greg Proops, it was fucking mystical how off the wall shit happens when he was playing a fucking..unicorn? or pegasus? something.

• 1Like

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Finished up all 10 and enjoyed it overall. If you're not feeling it early on, stick with it since the back half is stronger.
The guests can really lift an episode and the Silicon Valley guys in particular were great.

Bring on Season 2

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just finished episode 1. even if the rest sucks, that one episode is must see.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Season 2 starts on July 27, enjoyed season 1 overall just hope they don't delve to easily into straight up teenage sex humor like they sometimes did in season 1. Just reminds me of "that guy" at table top sessions and they are way way funnier when its more joking about the absurdity of a situation, fighting about solutions, or Harmon going full existential crisis with his character.

Guest list so far I've seen for season 2 is : Gillian Jacobs, Rory Scovel, Aparna Nancherla, Paul Scheer and Patton Oswalt. Patton will be gold as always and I have high hopes for Scheer.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Season 2 just started, episodes 1 and 2 out so far.

... Not as funny as I remembered it being.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
episode 1 seems like it's as funny as the first season, episode 2 is fucking terrible. Definitely the worst guest player they've ever had. Hopefully they get the same level of talent to guest star as last season and bring back Hon Jodgeman

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Brita was definitely funnier, but she wasn't season 1 caliber with her autistic roleplaying.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Britta was definitely funnier than the lesbian sword lady from the second to last ep. Aparna seemed like she had no fucking clue what to even expect and Spencer would have been funnier just attaching another NPC to their group to fill in the two lines of exposition that she spoke.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
last ep for season 2 out, Kumail kills it again and the whole thing is back to more D&D and less trying to recreate s1 magic. Overall a lackluster season but they closed it out well. Hopefully they either go back to a more s1 feel or, at least, figure out a way to find a middle ground because most of this was pretty forgettable this season