Harry Potter and Cursed Child

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
my daughter is asking me to get this today, news blurb this morning said it's written as a script? Anyone willing to admit to being a JK Rowlings fan reading this? I'm lazy and haven't checked amazon reviews yet just sounded odd if they are releasing it in script form.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
It's a stage play first adapted to a script in book form. JK Rowling did not write it. She did however contribute.

Edit... Snape kills Dumbledore...

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I thought Harry Potter was a good read. Bit darker than the movies even. However, other than those core books I know nothing. But yeah, what Drakin said above. Also it's the last of the Harry Potter line of stories, so you'd be a good dad by getting your daughter the book. Just make sure to tell her it's written in a play form.

Also Harry is a Horcrux.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I went ahead and bought it for her thanks for the replies. What's funny is I have an Internet generation daughter who insists on reading books as hard copy and not digital. Feel like a cave man getting the physical book.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
My wife read/is reading it, she's a big HP fan (like so many women...) and she's enjoying it.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
It's pretty bad. Like, would be bad even if it was fan fiction written by a twelve year old bad. Like, plot revolves around time travel bad. Like, Draco Malfoy is the nicest person in it bad. Bad bad bad.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My wife has the day off today and just had the book dropped off at our door. I'll try to remember to come back and post her thoughts after she inevitably finishes it today or tomorrow.

Seems like it starts off at the train station right where the original story ended. Albus is getting ready to go to Hogwarts.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's pretty bad. Like, would be bad even if it was fan fiction written by a twelve year old bad. Like, plot revolves around time travel bad. Like, Draco Malfoy is the nicest person in it bad. Bad bad bad.

Does Hermione give a "Mmhmmm.. nah, oh no he didn't." line in the new book?

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
I also thought HP was a fun read. Quite interested in reviews of this newest (last) installment.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was going to start this thread the other day. i was a big HP fanboi for 15 years, but i wasnt sure if this is an actual book or play or bullshit. i dunno what to do, i wanna keep reading these stories, but i dont want any bullshit fanfiction. is this supposed to be canon?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Read it yesterday. Part 1 is really strong, excellent continuation of the story. Part 2 goes a bit nuts but is still enjoyable, sort of a greatest hits of the books.

TLDR: Albus Potter instantly makes friends with Scorpious Malfoy who is a super nice nerd but everyone hates him because Malfoys. Chooses him/slytherin over his siblings/cousin at hogwarts because Albus isn't a preduduced asshole, this strains his relationship with his family and they are both bullied outcasts.

A few years later they escape from hogwarts, stealing an uber time turner to save Ceddric Diggory because Voldemort/Bellatrix daughter is manipulating them. Their attempts revolve around changing the Triwizard Tournament in book 4 which changes the present a few times including facist Voldemort future and people not existing anymore.

They all learn some major life lessons and fix time and happy ending. Except another random kid dies like Ceddric did lol!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's funny because Scorpious Malfoy fancies now mixed race half muggleborn half blood traitor Hermione's daughter. It's the ultimate fuck you to the white pure blood family!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Albus had a brief notgay moment with Delphi (and Scorpius with Rose) but I wouldn't be surprised if Albus started fucking Scorpious, I feel like their gayness is mildly forshadowed?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Albus had a brief notgay moment with Delphi (and Scorpius with Rose) but I wouldn't be surprised if Albus started fucking Scorpious, I feel like their gayness is mildly forshadowed?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBotipEYFFclBIYTEarEZPRGFEkfr2FYCK6chv3Pq6O0D_Zxkn-g.jpg

eh?