Hatred

Janx

<Silver Donator>
ROFL holy shit if that's real...I kind of want it but still..Jesus Christ.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The last game I bought because it had a bit of the old ultraviolence was Manhunt.

That's 60 dollars I'm just never going to get back.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I actually like the way the game looks minus the edgelord setting. Probably be pretty boring if the point is just to kill as many people as possible though.

Neph_sl

shitlord
According to wikipedia "The developer described Hatred's theme as a reaction to "'politically correct' trends in gaming" and sought to make a game that eschewed politeness, colorfulness, and games as art".

By that trailer alone, pretty sure they succeeded. At least a lot of ultra violent games in the past gave violence context. This game is just like, nope, go on a murdering spree.

vulken3_sl

shitlord
This is the kind of shit that will just give poly the ticion something to use as a platform for more control on games.

If as a whole it flops though they will have no leg to stand on , however if it does very well then it will be the damn 90's and esrb all over again.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It doesn't look that fun tbh. Rapelay had more gameplay.

Lol someone should send Anita a copy of Rapelay.

Caliane

Also, by making this ultra violent game directly aimed against 'games as art', aren't they makingShock art?
I would think so. I mean, this looks real stupid to me. but, I will defend this guys right to make something completely offensive. Cause its art.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Was almost expecting 'preorder now for beheading video creation mode'. Wow.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
No doubt in my mind this game will be a highly unplayable piece of shit if it even comes out. The only reason this game exists is for media attention, Not to bring politics into this but if this game was secretly paid for those Anti gamer gate people that bought all those twitter bots I would not be surprised.

The Company "Destructive Creations" has made no other games and the developers website is like 4 months old. This company was created 4 months ago and with out kickstarting or fundraising made a PC only game that is every Fox news watching mother's idea of what a video game is. What Investor funded them?

Also, Note the specific targeting of Women and "People of Color" in the video as well.

The Isometric games/Unreal 4 engines are completely free to download and make and the textures and models can be stolen/bought online for cheap.

It sprang on everyone during the this entire Pro/Anti Gamergate shit and one side is trying to discredit the other and this game is fueling the narrative that video gamers are ultra violent neckbeards.

It's already starting, Polygon has FIVE articles about the game and 1 Facebook discussion talking about it.

As I write this I'm pretty sure this game is just a trailer and maybe a shitty demo, I highly doubt this game will ever see the light of day in any serious format.

Szlia

There is something amusing in doing the game that video games are accused of being by those that do not know the medium, but it all sound very 1st degree (and I don't mean 1st degree murder).

Caliane

No doubt in my mind this game will be a highly unplayable piece of shit if it even comes out. The only reason this game exists is for media attention, Not to bring politics into this but if this game was secretly paid for those Anti gamer gate people that bought all those twitter bots I would not be surprised.

The Company "Destructive Creations" has made no other games and the developers website is like 4 months old. This company was created 4 months ago and with out kickstarting or fundraising made a PC only game that is every Fox news watching mother's idea of what a video game is. What Investor funded them?

Also, Note the specific targeting of Women and "People of Color" in the video as well.

The Isometric games/Unreal 4 engines are completely free to download and make and the textures and models can be stolen/bought online for cheap.

It sprang on everyone during the this entire Pro/Anti Gamergate shit and one side is trying to discredit the other and this game is fueling the narrative that video gamers are ultra violent neckbeards.

It's already starting, Polygon has FIVE articles about the game and 1 Facebook discussion talking about it.

As I write this I'm pretty sure this game is just a trailer and maybe a shitty demo, I highly doubt this game will ever see the light of day in any serious format.
but isn't that the question? is Jack Thompson being right? or is it proving these people want to censor games?
I very much expect certain people to start saying, "you are not allowed to make offensive games, or games that offend me."

some background digging would be interesting. Seeing if its a troll or what.

Also, the actual gameplay in that doesn't really look "worse" then Bioshock:Infinates murdering. Just placed into a local context.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Well I'm in the Roger Ebert school of games aren't interpretive but objective experience and unless this game has badass talent trees, ultra rare drops or at least some kinda achievement-driven metagame it definitely wouldn't reach escape velocity from Planet Publicity-Stunt.