Hawaii

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vinen

God is dead
Wife and I are looking for a relaxing vacation for our (god I hate this term) babymoon/3rd anniversary. Looking to travel to Hawaii in early October. Anyone have any suggestions?

Right now my plan is to book First Class tickets and that is about it. (This will push me to United Premier 1K)
Really have no idea what I am doing :|

Budget it around $500/US a day for Resort.

Hosix

All labs matter!
If going to Maui, Grand Wailea | A Waldorf Astoria Resort | Maui, Hawai

If going to Kauai, Kauai Luxury Hotels | The St. Regis Princeville Resort | Princeville Luxury Resorts

Do yourself a favor and rent a car on either island. If you go to Kauai, the best luau is Smith’s Kauai :: Garden Luau, Weddings, and Fern Grotto Tours

I have spent a week on both and had fun. Kauai is more forested and has some cool hidden beaches. Both resorts have a ton of shit to do. Wherever you are going? Plan for an hour of drive time to anything. Some shitty roads and horrible drivers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vinen

God is dead
If going to Maui, Grand Wailea | A Waldorf Astoria Resort | Maui, Hawai

If going to Kauai, Kauai Luxury Hotels | The St. Regis Princeville Resort | Princeville Luxury Resorts

Do yourself a favor and rent a car on either island. If you go to Kauai, the best luau is Smith’s Kauai :: Garden Luau, Weddings, and Fern Grotto Tours

I have spent a week on both and had fun. Kauai is more forested and has some cool hidden beaches. Both resorts have a ton of shit to do. Wherever you are going? Plan for an hour of drive time to anything. Some shitty roads and horrible drivers.

You rock. I was looking at the Grand Wailea.

Which of the two would you recommend more. All I know is avoid the big Island. :|

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My favorite island was maui prob. Did an open door helicopter tour on kauai and it changed my life.

Vinen

God is dead
My favorite island was maui prob. Did an open door helicopter tour on kauai and it changed my life.

Leaning towards Maui right now. What kind of activities would you recommend. Not looking for something super active. We are lazy as shit.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Just plan one activity a day. Anything more than that and you will run ragged. You have to do a luau. Most are all you can drink and eat.

If you feel like doing some off roading you can do the Road to Hana Maui | Preparation for Hana Highway

For Maui do the Old Lahina luau MAUI RESTAURANTS , HAWAII LUAU , MAUI ACTIVITIES, MAUI THINGS TO DO, LAHAINA WEBCAMS

If you have never surfed get the lessons it's fun.

Helicopter tours are cool but expensive.

We did a horseback tour and it wasn't bad. Good lunch with it.
Maui Horseback-Riding Tour with Optional BBQ Lunch

If you do Kauai, you must visit Tahiti Nui Hanalei Restaurant

Picasso3

The road to Hana is srs business. My wife got carsick and the roads are seriously sketchy (coming from southern wv native) so if you or your wife are a bitch I wouldn't do it. I thought it was cool, but it takes up a whole day. There's a good thread on rerolled you can review too

Picasso3

And there's a dope pancake place where willie Nelson used to eat at or something on Maui

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've only ever been to Oahu. I plan on visiting the other islands soon enough. It's a relatively inexpensive flight if we go out for a long weekend.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>

Any other tips for Kauai or "Must Do's"? Headed there in late September/early Oct for about a week. Shelled out for the Waterfront Suite at Koa Kea Hotel & Resort, Aug 2016 (Kauai/Poipu) - Resort Reviews - TripAdvisor .

Going there mostly to relax and unwind but want to spend at least 2 days out and about.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Wife and I are looking for a relaxing vacation for our (god I hate this term) babymoon/3rd anniversary. Looking to travel to Hawaii in early October. Anyone have any suggestions?

Right now my plan is to book First Class tickets and that is about it. (This will push me to United Premier 1K)
Really have no idea what I am doing :|

Budget it around $500/US a day for Resort.
Where ever you go, always buy the hawaii blue book for which ever island you goto, it has all the good shit on what to do and how from locals, said it b4 for other ppl in the past, i'm sure they love the book too.

And again some pro tips
1. DO NOT bring the blue book with you, locals HATE seeing this book, it's basically a cheat guide to Hawaii islands and their local spots get taken up by foreigners
2. DO NOT get a convertable rental car or any car that says, "ROB ME", i mean local thugs can tell rental cars from local cars right away, besides the rental tags (local cars are dirty as shit and old, i mean they live on a volcanic island)
3. DO NOT lock your rental car and DO NOT leave anything in there ever, the best advice i got from my BnB lady was to unlock the cars when you park, this way local thugs can just open the door, pop the trunk, see you got nuttin there and move on to the next car, which is a lot better than having your rental cars window smashed, cuz a thug thought maybe you got some good shit in there.
4. buying a few of these waterproof case might not be a bad idea, if you can just slim your shit down to 1 phone 1 credit card 1 drivers license (loose cash), one of these will hold all that shit for you, so you don't have to leave it in your car or "bury it" underneath your beach towel.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
Any other tips for Kauai or "Must Do's"? Headed there in late September/early Oct for about a week. Shelled out for the Waterfront Suite at Koa Kea Hotel & Resort, Aug 2016 (Kauai/Poipu) - Resort Reviews - TripAdvisor .

Going there mostly to relax and unwind but want to spend at least 2 days out and about.

Get that blue book the above poster is talking about. There are several hidden beaches that are amazing to see. This was my favorite.

Queens Bath, Kauai | Get the Scoop on Kauai Beaches - KauaiBeachScoop.com!

If the waves are up? Don't go. That fucker will sweep you out into the ocean.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You're the guy that moved to hawaii right?
Yes, I live here now. I'm all of 5 minutes from Hanauma Bay.

Sxnxee6.jpg

I was surprised that the Note 4's panarama shot managed to blend the waves so well together.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So if one were to go to Hawaii, what would be the best island to go to for 5-6 days? Whats the generally the cheapest time to go? Cheaper to book a hotel+flight together on say orbitz or separately?

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
We did our flight and hotel together through expedia. As far as the various islands, it's hard to say as I only have experience with Oahu right now. This island is a huge tourist spot, though. Waikiki is the mecha of Hawaii (Oahu) night life for the tourists. It's a beautiful area with endless bars and restaurants. You could go big or small, depending on your budget. It's just a very beautiful area. You still have lots of nature stuff here as well, but it would be much less than other islands. This island is VERY built up. Think of it like Philly or NYC, only in paradise. Less black people, but more homeless. As far as best times to fly, there isn't a great answer. Avoid holidays. Also, middle of the week tends to be less expensive then weekends.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
My most memorable times (i've been out 4x) has been getting a 5* hotel for like 2* price (friend was having vacation wedding, so she used all her govt connections to get us some weird silly rate).
And recently doing a BnB, had to use tripadvisor for the bnb ratings, yelp was worthless (yelp was good for food ratings, however).

The BnB i stayed at was banging, the couple (BnBs are usually hosted by a couple that rents out their abode) made fresh banana bread muffins/bread n shit, they even gave fresh cold mangos from their property, you could walk around and see mango trees n shit. Since it was a BnB i abused the W&D, had i known i would have had such a great W&D, i'd have packed less, even came home to clean clothes, they also provided many sets of snorkel gear, children sand shit, boogie boards, many coolers and tommy bahama chairs and umbrellas.

This stuff you wouldn't have access to in a hotel and you'd have to rent em for 20 to 40bucks a day, or buy a cheap umbrella that breaks halfway through the day, and you can't just do your laundry at the hotel and forget it, you gotta watch it, or thieves be stealing your shit.

I'll most likely do Hawaii within the next 2 years or this thxgiving w/ friends. The hard part is nailing down which island we all want to goto (we all have our different favs), but i'm 100% set on a BnB or rental.