Hellboy (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked the second one a lot. Villain was not black and white and you could understand his motivation.

Hellboy 2 villain, literally black and white:

tumblr_mq4thpdTrb1sv1kodo5_250.gif

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Earlier this year at the Kansas City Planet Con, I saw Perlman, and dude is definitely starting to look old. I also always figured he'd be a bigger guy than what he actually is. That voice though, never get enough, and will probably be the hardest part for me to let go with a rebooted actor playing Hellboy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
don't be. As much as i love the first 2 movies, this could actually end up turning this franchise around.

You can't write this production off. This cast is serious. It could put Hellboy up there with the likes of Thor, Iron Man, and such if it hits.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brad2770

don't be. As much as i love the first 2 movies, this could actually end up turning this franchise around.

Please tell me you're serious because I need a good Hellboy movie.

Just read there were 2 animated Hellboy movies. Are they any good?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Please tell me you're serious because I need a good Hellboy movie.

Just read there were 2 animated Hellboy movies. Are they any good?
I am serious. From what I have heard already Mignola is already more involved in this one than he was in the original 2. I'll have to hunt down the animated ones, I've made it through pretty much all the comic books/trades but haven't seen the animated yet.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuck.

clxa1p3sr8521.jpg

edit: also leaked trailer, potato quality
-link taken down, official trailer released-

Last edited:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I loved the first two Hellboys, but they'll never get my money again because of that fuckstick actor. I mean, assuming I thought it was good enough to pay for in the first place, which I don't.

Am I the only one that thinks his face looks sort of twisted half the time? Like he's got a sneer that isn't intentional towards the right side of his face (our left)? Other than that, he honestly looks pretty good compared to the original (who is also a fuckstick), so it wouldn't have been too hard for me to suspend and just pretend it was another sequel if they went that way. No Selma Blair sucks though. Milla doesn't do it for me like she did.

Anyway, I'm sure it will flop, there's not as much of an audience for this anymore, I think. And it will have to make ALL of its money before Avengers: Endgame releases, so 2 weekends at best.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I loved the first two Hellboys, but they'll never get my money again because of that fuckstick actor. I mean, assuming I thought it was good enough to pay for in the first place, which I don't.

Am I the only one that thinks his face looks sort of twisted half the time? Like he's got a sneer that isn't intentional towards the right side of his face (our left)? Other than that, he honestly looks pretty good compared to the original (who is also a fuckstick), so it wouldn't have been too hard for me to suspend and just pretend it was another sequel if they went that way. No Selma Blair sucks though. Milla doesn't do it for me like she did.

Anyway, I'm sure it will flop, there's not as much of an audience for this anymore, I think. And it will have to make ALL of its money before Avengers: Endgame releases, so 2 weekends at best.
i understand why they ditched Perlman, dude was about ten years too old to play this role anymore and the fact he's a garbage person would divide the target audience. i dont mind this new guy, sort of reminds me of the Eric Draven 2.0 in the Crow sequels. i just dont want another fucking reboot. we were 1 movie away from finishing the trilogy and fulfilling the prophecy. now its back to 3.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
i understand why they ditched Perlman, dude was about ten years too old to play this role anymore and the fact he's a garbage person would divide the target audience. i dont mind this new guy, sort of reminds me of the Eric Draven 2.0 in the Crow sequels. i just dont want another fucking reboot. we were 1 movie away from finishing the trilogy and fulfilling the prophecy. now its back to 3.
This one is a garbage human as well. But we shouldn't really discuss it here because people will get butthurt.

I need to point out that I couldn't actually listen to the trailer, because work, so if he's mumbling and hard to understand I didn't catch that. From a distance he looks fine, up close it is kind of that uncanny valley effect because he's close enough to be "off" from Perlman.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
It looks watchable, but on first view of that trailer seems a bit... weird. I never read the comics/graphics novels or whatever, but I fucking loved Perlman as Hellboy. This one seems a little more brooding teenager than overly cocky teenage. Weird that he seems to be more brooding and this seems to have a lighter tone and feel to it.

I'll still see it opening night. Just a shame we didn't get a 3rd del Toro Hellboy. They were great.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
a few of the shots in that trailer look like the they are framed straight out of the Hellboy comics. Definitely has a different feel that the prior 2, but I'm in for sure. Looks good.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I didn’t realize Pearlman was 68?! I saw him and others at Comic-con in Kingsport and they all looked pretty good but I guess I get it.

Still, it’s kinda “his” role. It’s too soon to abandon him and besides that, I thought the tone was really awkward.

I’ll have to wait and see what people say about this one. I don’t mind Hopper getting his opportunities but this is a fairly iconic mantle in terms of character and actor at least for now.

• 1Like