Hellraiser

Goatface

2.20 star(s) Rating: 2.20/5 5 Votes
Title: Hellraiser

Genre: Horror

Director: David Bruckner

Cast: Odessa A'zion, Jamie Clayton, Adam Faison, Drew Starkey, Brandon Flynn, Aoife Hinds, Jason Liles, Yinka Olorunnife, Selina Lo, Zachary Hing, Kit Clarke, Goran Visnjic, Hiam Abbass

Plot: A young woman struggling with addiction comes into possession of an ancient puzzle box, unaware that its purpose is to summon the Cenobites, a group of sadistic supernatural beings from another dimension.

Goatface

Hulu’s ‘Hellraiser’ Movie Rated “R” for Strong bloody horror violence and gore, language throughout, some sexual content, and brief graphic nudity.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ngapa GIF

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
They really are reaching at this point. The first 3 Hellraisers are amazing, and the next 100 cover about anything you could possibly hope to see in the universe. What on Earth makes execs think there is a need, or that there is even any room, for a reboot?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
They really are reaching at this point. The first 3 Hellraisers are amazing, and the next 100 cover about anything you could possibly hope to see in the universe. What on Earth makes execs think there is a need, or that there is even any room, for a reboot?
well we have bottom surgery cenobites in the government and we fly hell flags at our embassies

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The first movie was a master piece. The 2nd one was a great follow-up to the story as it explored the other universe more. I have always enjoyed Hellraiser. There appears to be nothing more than a release date of 2022 for the new movie. I will watch it when it comes out.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Juvarisx

Florida

This is the Hellraiser Clive Barker has been trying to get made since 2006. Director is pretty good, i liked The Ritual a lot so he has the chops to make it scary enough. Glad to see they arent skimping on what draws people to these movies though, I'll probably watch it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ever since hellraiser and this scene
hell6.png

i've always had an aversion to exposed nails and either hammer the heads flush or remove em (like when i bought this house there was like exposed nails everywhere as pseudo hooks

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 8 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There are a series of comics from I think Image that are excellent. Kirsty Cotton leads a group of people that all had their lives torn apart by the box on a quest to destroy every Lament Configuration there is. It turns out there's some serious consequences to doing that. As a sequel to the story began with the first two films they're great great great. On the other hand Clive Barker's long awaited The Scarlet Gospels was awful. Harry D'Amour vs Pinhead, spend some time in the first city of Hell, final confrontation, etc. and it was really a chore to get through.

The Ritual was super good though so having that director on this gives me hope.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The first movie was a master piece. The 2nd one was a great follow-up to the story as it explored the other universe more. I have always enjoyed Hellraiser. There appears to be nothing more than a release date of 2022 for the new movie. I will watch it when it comes out.

Hellraiser 1, 2 and 3 were all fantastic movies. 4 was.. a little far fatched, but passable. Every one after that has been total and complete dogshit.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hellraiser 1, 2 and 3 were all fantastic movies. 4 was.. a little far fatched, but passable. Every one after that has been total and complete dogshit.

I want to say Hellraiser : Hellseeker is watchable. Actually, I don't hate Pinhead in Space. It's like 80% shit but there's a good 20%

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
There was the one with the corrupt cop who played the part real well, I think that might have been hellseeker? Then there was one with the dude from Oz and the Allstate commercials, was also watchable. If the acting is ok and budget is decent, they are cool. A few of them are just trash though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think at least one of those wasn't a Hellraiser film at all but got that bolted on in post production. It's probably why it wasn't horrible.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No reason for a new reboot. Its been forever but I think Hellraiser 3 was the scariest? I don't think I've seen it in atleast 24 years so it might not be like I remember.

Edit- I think it might be 2 Hellbound? One of the sequels felt more messed up is the head

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hellraiser 3 is pretty scary overall but I don't like that Pinhead is reduced to a supernatural slasher villain. I prefer the first two films where our antagonists are jaded and depraved people that actively seek out the surgeons from beyond and good people are caught in the middle.

• 6Like
  • 1WTF

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So this is a reboot with a gender swapped pin head? No thanks

In the Hellbound Heart that particular hell priest is a lady!

The real issue everyone is going to have to deal with forever is Douglas Bradley FUCKING CRUSHED IT as Pinhead. There's nowhere to go but down.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I watched an interview with the actress that played Kirsty, Ashley Laurence a couple years ago on The Last Drive In. She paints now and still is gorgeous. She aged well. She was one of the best interviews I have seen. She seemed to love the horror community and be generally a cool person.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
In the Hellbound Heart that particular hell priest is a lady!

The real issue everyone is going to have to deal with forever is Douglas Bradley FUCKING CRUSHED IT as Pinhead. There's nowhere to go but down.

Fair enough, I suppose its cool they are going more to the source, but if thats the case you cant push the random female cenobite to the front like Pinhead was.

Like this is a case of failure because you want to go another way but glob onto the past greatness. You could tell the original source perfectly without Pinhead and make a good flick but you cant go both ways, you know?

You cant make the main poster about one of the three most iconic horror figures of the 80s without people assuming you are going all in on that character

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database