Hereditary (2018)

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Just saw this movie and really, really liked it. Like others commented, it's very similar overall to the VVitch, which I also really dug. It also was the first time in a long ass time that I actually jumped and it even made my wife comment on it.

Spoiler as fuck about when I jumped, don't click this.
When Peter finds his Dad's corpse and then you see him turn to the cult guy standing in the door and then the mom just comes hauling ass from the corner. Fuck me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I don't care for horror movies but really enjoyed this one.

I look forward to seeing what this director does in the future.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Still haven't seen this... because the girlfriend is a little bitch. No but for real, it feels as if "horror" genre has gotten much better over the last few years - The VVitch, Get Out, The Conjuring stuff, A Quiet Place, Cabin in the Woods etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Well... This was certainly different. Good, but I feel like it was missing something production wise. It felt like it should have had a much more oppressive tone to its visuals either through lighting or camera work.

Definitely a unique movie though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Toni Collette should get a best actress nom for this.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Well... This was certainly different. Good, but I feel like it was missing something production wise. It felt like it should have had a much more oppressive tone to its visuals either through lighting or camera work.

Definitely a unique movie though

I would of loved this movie if it had the oppressive smothering black miasma that Sinister had in the first half, it just bored me to tears.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I thought it was more fucked up than scary though I suppose you could consider those one and the same. The only thing I wasn't clear on:

The demon possessed the mom, then Charlie and then who after she was decapitated before possessing Toni Collette's character?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
just saw this on prime. Similar to the Witch and also to the Lords of Salem. Liked all three movies.