Heroes - Returning via Xbox/MSN?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
As the original went further down the rabbit hole it lost me, but would be interested in a new cast and ideas brought to the show. I know we'd talke about on FOH rebooting the cast every season too, or maybe that was one of the premises of the series before the characters got so popular and was scrapped?

http://tvline.com/2013/04/17/heroes-relaunch-msn-xbox/

MSN, which is making a big push into original programming via Xbox, is in talks to revive NBC?s superhero drama Heroes, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Details remain sketchy, but sources confirm that MSN is interested in relaunching the once red-hot NBC Universal franchise with new stories and heroes, while mixing in cameos from the original series? cast (schedules and interest permitting). The talks are said to be in the preliminary stages.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
New characters and stories is not what the show needed. It was new writers. Heroes was real amateur hour when it came to the writing. They seemed to write themselves into corners constantly with their most powerful characters (Peter, Sylar) and had to come up with retarded new ways to keep them powerless or weak. If the same writing staff came back for this I don't have any faith in them not falling into the same cluster fuck they did the first time around that ultimately got the show shit canned.

They can't write a show like this without a clear idea of where they want to take it. Even the die hard fans lost patience with it. They would have even less room for error this time around.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
First two seasons were good, the first being better than the second. Then the whole thing took a shit season 3 IMO. This is where I stopped watching it.

Cybsled

Originally they wanted to do a reboot every season, but the characters became popular and they decided not to risk it. The only show I can think of that does a major reboot like that is American Horror Story.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The only thing I remember about this show is the beginning (cheerleader cunt jumping off of grain silos) and the end (some kind of stupid fucking carnival). Show really went off the rails there towards the end.

Goatface

think the writers strike really hurt the show, but also it was clear they really didn't have a good overall plan.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
The first season was very well thought out and planned. It was self-consistent, engaging and overall a great season, which is why it was such a smash success.

In season 2 the quality started dipping. They got hung up on focusing on a few characters, and the characters they added weren't all that interesting. The writer's strike in 2007 really hurt the season, because they had to cut short a lot of the story and change shit that needed more time to introduce to audiences.

Season 3 was where it all fell apart. I mean, they started linking all of the specials together by family and organization, so that one way or another, all specials were either blood related or old family friends. They hinted about stuff like this in season 1 and 2, but in season 3 they just went overboard, sort of like George Lucas involving all those characters from the old trilogies into the prequels. Fucking Greedo fighting with Anakin! Chewbaca and Yoda being bros! The world (galaxy) is too big a place to make connections that tight.

Season 4 was just slow and shitty.

I'm not against a Heroes revival, but I'd prefer a mini-series that is tight and focused on a few specials instead of having a huge cast and trying to make each of their characters someone the audience could empathize with. Syler, for example, made a great bad guy. Then they went and tried to make him a good guy and it was just unbelievable to me. He had brutally murdered dozens of people (including his mother) and we were led to believe that he was just a power hungry psychopath. Then they tried to make him into a hero and it just seemed wrong. You can't be a good guy if you were a psycho a year ago. Murdering people tends to stick to a guy.

Cybsled

They tried to explain it by saying his "learn how things work" power was kinda like some type of vampire blood hunger, ie something he couldn't really control. Until he could control it ;P