Heroes VI

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sorry to create a thread just to ask a few questions, but this is getting to be a really annoying problem. I'm betting this was answered in the old forums, but oh well! How do you get fixed tooltips in the adventure map? As in, the functionality you get on the combat map.

Also, is the DLC worth it or not?

Lodor_sl

shitlord
I just bought the gold collection from steam for 25.99 myself. This is the base game and the 2 xpacs included.

As for your tooltip option. You mean the window that pops up when you hover over an object on the map? If so mine show up as default. It just takes a second or 2 to sometimes pop up. ANd if it matters or not, I play while logged into the uplay crap for the dynasty shit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It was a present, didn't even know the game had DLC otherwise I probably would have gotten then gold version since it's only a bit more.

No, I mean when I click on an enemy stack. I want to know what's in that stack besides a picture. Or if I click on a stack on troops on my hero screen, I want to know what their special abilities are. Can't get that until I go into combat, where the tooltips can be fixed.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
In the hero window their is a gold colored icon you can click on that will show the units stats and skills.

And for the world map enemy units if you right click on them then i beleive left click it keeps the window up so you can hover over the enemy units.

I've had this game on my wishlist for ages waiting for the price to drop a bit more. I haven't played a Heroes games since 3, so I've been unsure on whether it would be worth the cost or not. You folks recommend it?

3 is still the best in the series. I still play 3 from time to time. 6 here is more like 3 than 4 and 5 were. 6 is really mediocre.
I just have the base game, and have mostly spent time playing the campaigns. They get really, really boring. Every fight after a couple months game time is such a slog fest, especially on higher difficulties. Its not fun fighting hundreds of pike men for some +2 treasure.
I wouldn't recommend getting it based on the campaigns.
Haven't played much single maps or any multiplayer so can't comment on that.

badlok

N00b
It's not that bad but i can't stop going back to play the third one! better then the 4 and 5 for sure though!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
In the hero window their is a gold colored icon you can click on that will show the units stats and skills.

And for the world map enemy units if you right click on them then i beleive left click it keeps the window up so you can hover over the enemy units.
Thanks for the hero screen info, that worked. The other part didn't. Even the screen when you engage the enemy and it gives you the option to attack or retreat should have some way to tell what your facing. But beyond the two aforementioned button, doesn't seem like it. Not even any tooltips.

So, re-download 3 if I need a fix then? Thanks for the advice. I still haven't tried the newest King's Bounty title, so maybe I'll give that a go instead.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I would agree with that, Teddite. Been getting some freezes in the last few hours, quite annoying.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
A little bit off-topic, but for those of you who have already beaten Heroes III and want something more, you can try the un-official player made expansion, Wake of the Gods, and/or Era II. It adds a ton of UI improvements, gameplay changes, re-balancing, new content, even entirely new campaigns. Most if not all of the new additions and changes are able to be configured on or off from an in-game setup screen, so you can use what you like and turn off the features you don't enjoy (some are kind of unbalanced and should in fact be disabled). It's a lot of fun and can breathe a few more months of life into an old classic. You can read more and download the mod here:http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=37208

badlok

N00b
A little bit off-topic, but for those of you who have already beaten Heroes III and want something more, you can try the un-official player made expansion, Wake of the Gods, and/or Era II. It adds a ton of UI improvements, gameplay changes, re-balancing, new content, even entirely new campaigns. Most if not all of the new additions and changes are able to be configured on or off from an in-game setup screen, so you can use what you like and turn off the features you don't enjoy (some are kind of unbalanced and should in fact be disabled). It's a lot of fun and can breathe a few more months of life into an old classic. You can read more and download the mod here:http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=37208
I'll take a look for sure , i still play heroe 3 at least once a month

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Game freezes constantly for me. Pisses me off. I want to play it but at least once every 30-40m it locks up.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It seems fairly repeatable. I don't remember it off the top of my head but it involved switching between town view too quickly at the start of the turn.