High Life (2018)

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: High Life (2018)

Genre: Drama, Science Fiction, Mystery, Horror

Director: Claire Denis

Cast: Robert Pattinson, Juliette Binoche, André Benjamin, Mia Goth, Lars Eidinger, Agata Buzek, Claire Tran, Ewan Mitchell, Gloria Obianyo, Scarlett Lindsey, Jessie Ross, Victor Banerjee, Juliette Picollot, John Kimani Njeri

Release: 2018-11-07

Runtime: 110

Plot: A father and his daughter struggle to survive in deep space where they live in isolation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Pattinson actually lived up to the hype in Good Time, so he's not Mr. Twilight anymore, and the rest of the cast is pretty great. Will watch.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This is apparently out on video today. Anyone seen it? Or if someone checks it out, chime in and let us know if it's worth it. Accumulating my "Summer Watch List".

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Really fucking weird movie. I watched it fairly high, which I'm sure contributed, but almost nothing made sense. It seemed like a movie with little narrative and just an excuse to move from one weird ass sequence to the next.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah the trailer makes it look like a psychological horror/thriller set to a mostly redundant sci-fi back-drop. Pattinson has redeemed himself to me long since Twilight - he was awesome in The Rover as well, so one assumes he and Binoche (who I've had a minor crush on since English Patient) are really good.

Not sure if worth watching.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Watched a bit of it and it's visually interesting, and also pretty weird. The point I turned it off as I had to do something else involved Pattinson's character telling the ship doctor that was taking sperm samples from all the men that she has made it her religion, and become some sort of Sperm Shaman. So yeah... it's weird.

Slaanesh69 Slaanesh69 She has a scene in it that would probably appeal to your crush on her.

Goatface

saw this on plex, seems very odd
1698526910034.png

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
saw this on plex, seems very odd
View attachment 497667
What are your thoughts?

I watched it a couple of years ago, but I don't believe I finished it. I like Robert Pattinson. He really is a fantastic actor, probably the best film I've ever seen him in is The Rover, that's why I gave this a shot.

Just too goddamn slow. I don't mind a methodical sort of pace but at some point it's like where we going and why am I here.

Everyone day at home sit down and try to rewatch it, see if my thoughts are different. Interesting concept or whatever which better than most Hollywood BS.

Szlia

Claire Denis directed several singular movies over the years, including a masterpiece, Beau Travail. This 'High Life' is original but, let's face it, a bit shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Claire Denis directed several singular movies over the years, including a masterpiece, Beau Travail. This 'High Life' is original but, let's face it, a bit shit.
Maybe a decent movie but I just kind of lost interest after a while. I'll check out the other stuff that she's directed. Do appreciate somebody just trying to do something radically different than you're one of the mill Hollywood BS like I said earlier.

PSA, Vudu has a bunch of horror movies on sale for Halloween. I realized I didn't have a high def version of Ravenous in my collection. $5. There's not a single person on this forum who shouldn't go ahead and purchase a copy. Such a fantastic film. I get done barbecue in this evening and sit down and watch it for maybe the 20th time, but the first time in a handful of years.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database