Highlander

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Highlander

Genre: Adventure, Action, Fantasy

Director: Chad Stahelski

Cast: Henry Cavill

Plot: An immortal Scottish swordsman faces off with other immortal warriors in order to obtain a coveted ability; Mortality.

I was googling reboots for movies and happened upon this one.

Sounds like it's going to turn out horrible, not that the original highlanders were masterpieces or anything but they were watchable as part of a B movie weekend or get together.

They got the writer who wrote Twilight working on the script for Highlander and they got this guy to be the main sword fighter dude.

2safntd.jpg

Looks like it's been in development hell though so it might not even come out ever. I don't think a reboot of this film would do well but if they make it twilight 2.0 then who knows. Twilight tards might eat that up.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
was the original highlander that big of a hit that it needed a reboot? i remember it being a small movie and it gained popularity on cable, then they made a couple of terrible sequels that nobody watched either.
i know they made a TV show for it, i couldnt bring myself to watch. christopher lambert is the only connor macleod. and he had an arc in the first one that finished by the end of the film.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
It wasn't that successful. I'm surprised they are considering rebooting it.

Really says something about the lack of ideas Hollywood has at the moment.

The film was ok if you came at it expecting low budget B movie type stuff.

Giving the Twilight touch to the "immortals" might appeal to people who enjoyed the Twilight Franchise. If they do a straight reboot with better graphics it will flop hard imo.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The original highlander was one of those "So bad it's good" movies. I mean... they had a Scottish actor (Sean Connery) playing a Spaniard (he can't sound anything but Scottish) and Christopher Lambert (who also cannot change his voice or accent) playing the Highlander. The dialogue was terrible, the story was passable, one of the cops was an expert in metallurgy (seriously wtf?) but it's still entertaining. The best thing about the movie was the soundtrack by Queen, and also the Rifftrax. If you've never seen the Highlander Rifftrax go do it.

The TV series wasn't based off of Connor but one of the other MacLeods... Duncan, and it wasn't terrible. It's watchable just like the first movie.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A movie doesn't have to be a particular success to be remade, Highlander is something of a cult classic, which are remade pretty often too. It's not like they're digging Highlander out of hallowed antiquity either. The original was 86, but Endgame came out in 2000, and The Source came out in 2007.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Wife and I were discussing the tv show being rebooted - we both liked it growing up, but couldn't stand it when we tried rewatching it a few years ago.

Enough with the highlanders. Make the protagonist a viking or native american.

• 1Like

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Oh ffs. If you're going to say it; say it right. It's: Connor McLeod of the Clan McLeod.

I for one wouldn't mind seeing a well done reboot. The basic premise is solid, it just need to be done well. However, that may be asking for too much.

Relevant:

Siliconemelons

I will be the Highlander advocate! lol

The movie spawned a six or so season TV show, I would say that it was sucsessful - even if the 4 movies that came after the first are all less than ... well... good... but they are all amuseing in their own right.

Last I heard nothing was solid on the reboots cast/director/writer etc - but if they did get him for the protaganist then that is awesome!

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Oh ffs. If you're going to say it; say it right. It's: Connor McLeod of the Clan McLeod.

I for one wouldn't mind seeing a well done reboot. The basic premise is solid, it just need to be done well. However, that may be asking for too much.

Relevant:

rrr_img_12143.jpg
is
rrr_img_12144.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
to be honest the Kurgan is what made highlander a great fun film to watch. if it had just been lambert acting silly in sword fights that he wins it would have been ok to good. but then you add the Kurgan and have that cheese actor playing him, it turns the film into epic fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgMurbEriIk

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah, no shit.
Kurgan had the chops to be in Shawshank. McCleod had the chops to be in Mortal Kombat.

Straight dissin' Lambert.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought Lambert made a better Raiden than the dude in the second Mortal Kombat.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Seasons 2-5 of the tv series were good and the 6th season was dog shit.

• 1Like

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I think it would be successful if they made a serious remake. I loved Highlander, more the idea of it then the actual product (I still watched every movie and every episode of the series).

Gerard Butler as Connor McLeod of the Clan McLeod.
Liam Neeson as Juan S?nchez Villa-Lobos Ram?rez.
Director-Christopher Nolan

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think it would be successful if they made a serious remake. I loved Highlander, more the idea of it then the actual product (I still watched every movie and every episode of the series).
This. The original movie wasn't THAT good, but it was entertaining. The idea is really good though. Same writer as The Prophecy as a matter of fact, another good movie. Every single Highlander movie after the first was trash. I own the series, and while it started badly, and ended badly, the middle seasons were some very entertaining television.

I'd want to hear more about this remake before I write it off.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I love me some neeson. But he just doesnt have enough charisma to carry that role unless he plays it like a straight up killing machine. I could see antonio banderas as a better choice and sam rockwell might totally nail the connor macleod role.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database