History of the World, Part II

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: History of the World, Part II

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2023-03-06

Creator: Mel Brooks

Cast: Mel Brooks, Ike Barinholtz, Nick Kroll, Wanda Sykes

Overview: Explore different periods of human history through a variety of sketches.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

A sequel 40 years in the making, Mel Brooks' History of the World PART II. A four night event, streaming March 6 on Hulu. There is finally a sequel to the seminal Mel Brooks film, HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART I, with each episode featuring a variety of sketches that take us through different periods of human history

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
A sequel 40 years in the making, Mel Brooks' History of the World PART II. A four night event, streaming March 6 on Hulu. There is finally a sequel to the seminal Mel Brooks film, HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART I, with each episode featuring a variety of sketches that take us through different periods of human history
Oh man. I hope it isn't watered down Mel Brooks. He is old enough he should have told the PC police to fuck off.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I couldn't make it through the trailer. Atealt Mel is still alive though

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
One of my favorite movies of all time, this looks like it's going to be terrible.

I'm going to greet it with a certain degree of awwwww.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
if you've never seen drunk history watch that, this is basically that show but without the drinking. Which was honestly the only good part of that show, seeing how drunk some of them got

Homsar

Watching part of that trailer I thought it looked like a shittier version of drunk history.

• 1Like

Homsar

Watching part of that trailer I thought it looked like a shittier version of drunk history. Also Wanda Sikes is one of the most annoying fucking people, she's one of the worst female comedians. Then again I can't thing of any good ones alive

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
first few episodes dropped on hulu. hanging out with my dad while the women are off doing women shit and we watched 2 episodes. he didn't understand any of the humor at all and fell asleep, the first episode is REALLY bad. the second episode is MOSTLY bad, although JB Smoove is great in a Curb your Enthusiasm/Jesus ripoff.

just all around shit writing, and its clearly aimed young since everything is broken up into like 3 min mini sketches and its full of modern references like social media or ancient people having TVs and lighters (???????). Its just not funny at all, and I have no idea why they jump around so fucking much. You know why the first movie was pretty good? It stuck to long scenes with the same actors and they didn't just wing it. This feels like a lot of shitty improv. i'm bailing, i'm sure the one or two 30 seconds of actual funny will be on youtube in a highlights clip.

way, way worse than drunk history

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Watched the first ep. I got a drunk history vibe too, but I'm going to keep watching. I do wish they'd do it in longer pieces like I remember the original being. It's silly comedy though and that's what the original was. I'd say it's more like The Kentucky Fried Movie than the original History of The World. If you like that format and haven't seen National Lampoon's Dirty Movie yet, check it out.

Best scene so far was Johnny Knoxville as Rasputin and his jackass crew trying to kill him. I hope they have a couple of those per episode.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Wife and I were also hoping this would be a higher budget Drunk History and we just came away from it underwhelmed. Agree with Spronk. Fell flat.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database