Hit Man (2023)

• Guest, do you have a hole in your podcast listening list? Our very own Seananigans will be broadcasting this Saturday 7/27 at 3:30pm Central

Go into the FoH discord and find the Happy Time Fun Hour channel and give it a listen!

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Hit Man (2023)

Genre: Comedy, Crime, Drama

Director: Richard Linklater

Cast: Glen Powell, Adria Arjona, Austin Amelio, Retta, Molly Bernard, Evan Holtzman, Mike Markoff, Ritchie Montgomery, Kate Adair, Beth Bartley, Sanjay Rao, Jordan Salloum, Anthony Michael Frederick

Release: 2023-09-04

Runtime: 113

Plot: A cop working undercover as the most in-demand hitman in Houston breaks protocol in order to help a desperate woman escape her abusive boyfriend.

Juvarisx

Florida
Had a friend see this at TIFF. Its really a romantic comedy, but apparently a really fantastic one where the love story really resonates. Should be a good movie to watch with the wife.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Had a friend see this at TIFF. Its really a romantic comedy, but apparently a really fantastic one where the love story really resonates. Should be a good movie to watch with the wife.
Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is on Netflix now. I watched the first 15 minutes then realized I was late for a meeting, first 15 were pretty good though. Will continue when I return to see if the rom part of the com bogs it down

• 2Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is a character movie with hardly any action to speak of, despite the job occupation in the title.

Khane

This is an interesting, hard to explain movie. It's definitely a rom com, but also not a rom com? The acting, characters and dialogue are really good. And there are super sappy moments but also pretty dark moments along with some pretty well timed comedy.

This is a good movie, an actual good movie on Netflix

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wish there was more of his Patrick Bateman/characters. Movie was a lot different from what I expected but still good

Last edited:

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
What part was good? I recommended it to my wife thinking romantic comedy win win. I didn't see romantic nor comedy. We watched a half hour of it so I thought I gave it good time to hook us.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What part was good? I recommended it to my wife thinking romantic comedy win win. I didn't see romantic nor comedy. We watched a half hour of it so I thought I gave it good time to hook us.
i guess the dark comedy? just a silly fun movie, villian felt forced, hot girl felt forced (where did i see her before? oh shes from andor)

his ron character looked like someone just copied sawyer from lost

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't know if it's a Chick flick or Romcom or a Dramedy. It's kind of a weird movie like Khane said, but I'm not going to give Netflix credit for this, all Netflix did was buy it like Arcane

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Movie had a bit of an identity crisis. Seemed like it didn't know if it wanted to be a comedy, a drama, a romance, or a think piece about the psychology of identity. Unlike a lot of genre-bending movies, instead of blending the genres together, this movie somehow kept them separate and just kept changing in tone/direction as it played out. Still, it managed to pull this off (mostly), thanks largely to Glen Powell, who pretty much carried the movie.

Like others have said, decently funny and a good movie to watch with the wife. Mine liked it more than I did, but I'd still give it 7/10 in my 2024 rating system.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
This was alright, kind expected it to get dark, dark at the end there, but I guess not.

Main dude killed it, I couldn't remember who the main actress was and then I realized it was the incredibly hot, miscast actress from Andor. The one who's supposed to be a rough n tough mechanic and barterer and she's like the hottest woman in the universe. Real weird.

Overall decent, I GUESS it's a RomCom (?) that men wouldn't hate because there's very little Rom except the arch of the story.

Khane

The movie would have been really good if they gave her an actual identifiable plight. You can't tell if she was actually in a bad marriage, or if she's a Liar, or if she's just a murderous psychopath. I think that's really the only failing of the movie.

It being based off a real person is amusing.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It dipped a little during the romance phase but picked back up.

It's a dark comedy.

And it made me think it's a shame how two dimensional his character in top gun was

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
It dipped a little during the romance phase but picked back up.

It's a dark comedy.

And it made me think it's a shame how two dimensional his character in top gun was

Agree with this assessment. The first 30 minutes were awesome, the different personas, he really nailed it. Then it turned into, I don't know what, just wasn't fun to watch, so I fast forwarded an hour (yep its a long one) to see how it ended. Kind of dark kind of light, it was a confused movie lol.

The two main actors nailed it though, and goddamn is she hot.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database