Hitman 3 from IO Interactive

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
Hitman 3 will take up 60-70gb of space total, INCLUDING all Hitman 1 & Hitman 2 levels (you must own the games on the platform to play those levels). Thats a massive 80gb size shrink from Hitman 2!!!!

I'm replaying all of Hitman 1 & 2 right now on my PS5, I 100%'d the game on xbox but that was like 2 years ago so replaying everything is really fun. All my progress will import into Hitman 3 from H1&H2 saves, something to do with a website. Not sure how it'll work since I have Xbox and PS5 progress but we'll see.

Playstation will have an exclusive VR mode for PSVR, all Hitman 3 levels? Not sure about H1 & H2.

Game is one of my favorites, I just love the rube goldberg aspect of figuring out a million ways to assassinate targets, or just walking around the huge levels that are mostly well designed. Sapienza and Miami are absolutely stunning, can't wait to see what Hitman 3 brings.

PS4 digital is 10% off, PS5 digital is 20% off for deluxe editions, bringing the PS5 deluxe digital to $64 until launch. Its also on sale on PC on various places. I believe if you buy the PS5 digital deluxe you won't get access to the PSVR version, but I'm not sure about it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
IOI can go fuck themselves imo.

Even if I was willing to overlook them selling out to EGS, I still wouldn't give them any money for the way they've handled it. Also, it's looking like the review embargo is right up until release day.

spronk

FPS noob
launch trailer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a2SBO_q66o&feature=youtu.be

also there has been some back and forth on the PC think and IO has confirmed that you will NOT need to rebuy 1 & 2 if you only own it on steam, they worked something out. i'm playing on PS5 not PC so i dunno but if it matters to you, its on their twitter the exact stuff. I think if you buy H3 in the first 30 days everyone will get free H1 levels or something

Vorph

Yeah, I wouldn't buy it from EGS anyway. Still not a fan of how IOI does business, especially blaming SE for the always online/GaaS stuff then continuing to use the same model for their "indie" releases. PS5 rental it is, since I do own Hitman 1 & 2 there already anyway.

spronk spronk I've got the PS5 version in my GF queue, but nothing's shipping today due to MLK day... any reason I shouldn't switch to the PS4 version instead? It should auto-upgrade to next gen on the PS5, right? And that way I could also take the disc with me and play it on my Pro when not at home. Just not 100% sure that's correct though, seeing as the previous gen physical copies are $10 cheaper than PS5 on Amazon, and Sony's shit is a lot more convoluted than Smart Delivery.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
yeah buying the PS4 version is best, you get the PSVR edition (PS4 only) and full 100% PS5 edition as well. Only a few games have mandated a $10 upgrade to get the PS5 edition, the only ones I can think of are COD Black Ops, Madden 21, and NBA 2k21

i bought the PS5 digital deluxe edition since it was 20% off for a while, but apparently I will also get the PS4 edition according to IO. Who knows, I don't really care I don't really intend to play in PSVR

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
looks surprisingly good continuation of 1,2. should be a serviceable sequel.

im a blood money mechanics guy-- but I respect what they're doing here.

word of mouth all positive so far.

Vorph

Sounds better than I expected, and now I'm tempted to just buy it digital for PS4+5. Biggest reason I never bothered with elusive targets in the previous games is because it's too much hassle to dig out the disc when I've long since moved on to new games.

Also, spronk spronk or anyone else who played Hitman 2 expansion locations (NY and Haven Island), are they worth having? Hitman 2 expansion pass is still on sale for $12 or whatever until tomorrow and from what I understand I'd have to own it on top of the base game disc to unlock those missions in Hitman 3.

spronk

FPS noob
I really liked NY and Haven but they are pretty short and not tied into the main story at all, so i dunno. For me, yeah easy worth $12 but its like maybe 4 hours of content that stretches to 20 hours if you 100% it, maybe just wait for the next big sale since it'll probably take a few weeks or months to 100% H1, H2, and H3

reviews are positive all around, i'm seeing basically all 9/10s and its currently 88/100 on MC. Of course, Cyberpunk is 86/100 so who knows what it means lol

game downloaded for me on PS5 monday, its ~60 gigs total so far for EVERYTHING. very nice. On PS5 make sure you download the PS5 edition, it downloaded both PS4 and PS5 edition for me (thanks, Sony). The PSVR is only in the PS4 edition I guess.

while the rest of the world spergs out about inauguration day tomorrow, i'll be knee deep in hitman target ass

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
No preload on EGS, fucking thing sucks and I don't understand these online stores that continue this archaic practice.

Pretty pumped to play this, never played any of the previous titles. Sounds like if you buy Hitman 3 on EGS you will get access to Hitman 1 locations if purchased within 10 days of launch. Then Hitman 2 stuff will be like 80% off, doesn't seem like a bad value if you've never played/owned any of the previous games.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah you can play all the levels of Hitman 1 & 2 inside Hitman 3 if you own the previous ones, it should be an entirely faithful recreation including cutscenes, etc. Progress will carry over if you want, but just restarting from scratch is no big deal at all I went from 0% in Hitman 2 PS5 about 10 days ago to level 20 in every story level in H1-H2 in about 30 hours.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
game is live but carryover is broken

their carryover system kinda sucks too. its same system only (ps4->ps4/ps5, xbox->xbox, steam/egs->egs), one time only, and erases all hitman 3 progression when you do it. since you can't actually carryover right now, and when you do it'll erase your H3 progress, people are a bit mad

oh well

Vorph

Guess it's a good thing I was going to start over so I could see how the old missions look in the new engine on PS5...

If it's just the account system maybe it will be fixed by tomorrow though. While I was debating whether or not to just buy it digitally, GameFly shipped out a PS4 disc so that dilemma solved itself.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Went home for lunch to get this downloaded and to try to figure out how to access all the previous content I never played - on PC it's pretty easy in practice (their explanation was confusing as heck for me though prior to today).

Basically, buy Hitman 3 for $59.99 - then you can download/"buy" the free Hitman 1 access pass. Then once you have Hitman 3 downloaded, I had to go in game to access Hitman 2 access pass which is also purchasable for like $8 or $20 depending on version. Close Hitman 3, re-open and all three game campaigns are playable from the H3 client.

I'm through the very first tutorial missions. Pretty fun so far. Going to jump into Hitman 1 and just run this game start to finish. I'm $80 into the deal, but it seems like a truckload of content.

spronk

FPS noob

series X - native 4k 60 fps, no drops, ultra textures, high shadows
Series S - 1080p, 60 fps, no drops, high textures, low shadows
PS5 - 1800p (3200x1800) 60 fps, no drops, ultra textures, medium shadows

so basically Series X is the "best" (behind PC) version but the diff between PS5 and Series X is super minimal, 3840x2160 vs 3200x1800 is not noticable unless you look for it.

Molten Core Raider
Basically, buy Hitman 3 for $59.99 - then you can download/"buy" the free Hitman 1 access pass. Then once you have Hitman 3 downloaded, I had to go in game to access Hitman 2 access pass which is also purchasable for like $8 or $20 depending on version. .

What's the difference between the 8 and 20 dollar versions? Ive never owned or played any of these recent Hitman games but like the idea I can get them all within the new title, but this epic games store page is confusing with all these different Add on items

Vorph

Bah, figures the one time I have no choice but to get a multiplat on PS5 instead of Series X the PS5 version is inferior. I know it's a fairly minor difference, but I have to assume the difference is much larger between X1X and PS4 Pro and I'll be playing it a decent amount of the time on one of my old consoles too.

Looks like the PS5 is a tiny bit faster at loading at least.

What's the difference between the 8 and 20 dollar versions? Ive never owned or played any of these recent Hitman games but like the idea I can get them all within the new title, but this epic games store page is confusing with all these different Add on items
$20 is the full Hitman 2 package (base+expansion pass), $8 is just the expansion pass locations. Kind of weird there's no base-game-only version for like $12... not sure why anyone would want just the expansion.