Hitman: Absolution

angrypostman_sl

shitlord
I haven't played the original Hitman games, so I went into this one with very few expectations. I enjoyed the vast majority of the levels and have already re-played a few of them looking for different ways to take out my targets. My only real complaints about the game was the sporadic cut-scenes that took control out of my hands completely at times, and the final mission was extremely anti-climatic given what had come beforehand.

Oh, and I played through on Normal difficulty so the complaints I've read in regard to the disguises never really affected me as I always had enough instinct to slip through wherever I needed if I stayed patient and took my time.

Is it worth going back and playing the older games? Were they really THAT different from this one?

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed Blood Money quite a bit, so I'd recommend picking that up.

Whats the verdict on getting this on the PS3 compared to the PC? Graphics notwithstanding.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you're playing the game as an assassin I doubt it matters much what platform you play on. If you play it as a shooter you're back to the mouse vs joystick debate.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I quit and uninstalled this game when i got to the Orphanage level on expert. It was just too much after trying a suit-only on the train station previous to this mission.

nate_sl

shitlord
I'm playing this game on the first "professional" difficulty setting (I think its hard) and having a good time. I'm not shooting my way through the levels, and usually reset to last checkpoint when I'm seen. Anyways I find it really difficult, I just finished the cornfield level (14/20?) and probably have at least 30 hours invested in it.

Sometimes I'll get to a point where I know basically what to do, but executing is still difficult and and the time punishment of going back to checkpoints and doing trivial parts again and again can get frustrating. I play it on my computer with an Xbox controller, but the shooting is definitely easier with the keyboard and mouse. Also, the sniper challenge level is a lot of fun.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Scarecrow costume for that level was one of the funniest things in the game. I went through most of the game killing as few people as possible, but when I put on that Scarecrow outfit I couldn't get enough blood.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I really wanted to like this game since I'm a huge fan of the series and enjoyed the previous games. I just unistalled it now after getting about 1/3 through. I just couldn't take it anymore. I can't put my finger on any one thing that made me uninstall but a bunch of little things just kept recurring over and over.

My biggest beef is with the save system, I got fucked a couple of times on check points and the game for whatever reason loaded me back at the level start and I had to repeat 2 or 3 sections to get back to where I was and I know I hit the check point each time. Very frustrating. The controls were very mediocre on PC they didn't feel right to me at all very clunky. In addition the disguise changes and instinct were poorly done. Level design was poor as well at least for the parts I played and I also didn't care for the disconnect between levels where you can murder 20 cops in one section but you magically go through that door and the guys on the other side didn't hear the mayham?

Pretty poorly done game overall. Just a shell with the Hitman name on it. I enjoyed Dishonored much more.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed the first playthrough...but trying to do it again makes me very bored, very fast. Especially trying to get some of the challenges completed with terrible worded hints.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whats the verdict on getting this on the PS3 compared to the PC? Graphics notwithstanding.
PS3 version is fine, and I would highly recommend it since you can just rent it, and that's all this game deserves. Even if you want to play the game completely the wrong way, there's so much auto-aim that even gamepad controls aren't a hindrance. If you've played any of the previous games I strongly recommend starting on the hardest or at least second-hardest difficulty level. Anything below that is completely trivial.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Just finished this on PC.

Absolute riot. As much as I enjoyed the stealth missions, opening up death on everyone was very satisfying. So satisfying.

Also, the game on max settings is absolutely beautiful. Stunning, really.