Home Improvement

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I am currently married to the Dewalt system. I have so many of their tools/batteries but am not sold on their new gen mower. It has improvements over 1 gen but still kinda flimsy looking on the handle department. It comes with two 10 ah batteries and the ones i have really would be no use for it as the power demand even dual 6's dont "cut" it very long.
what about other garden tools? are they dewalt also?

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Not sure where to ask this as I didn't see a lawn thread so I guess here is as good.

Later this summer we are moving to a smaller lot much larger house so I have zero need for riding mower. I have been looking at videos of the battery powered push mowers like the EGO LM2156SP. They have a sale going one where you get the mower + 10 AH battery with a 5 AH free. Does anyone have any experience with these battery power mowers? Of course almost all youtube videos make them out to be pretty good, but when you read quiet a few reviews of dead out the box and horrible CS experiences makes the old tried and true dealing with gas safer route.

I personally hate small engines, so, I bought a Greenworks mower the minute I moved into my first house - was on about 1/4 of an acre. I'm a big fan. I could mow in the morning or at night and not feel like a jerk making a bunch of noise. I could do my lawn front and back on the two included batteries. The mower lasted me a good 6 years of zero maintenance until I moved. Ended up getting a string trimmer, chain saw, hedge trimmer, and snow thrower.

I haven't used an Ego mower, but I have used the string trimmer. Quality is way higher than my greenworks stuff. If I didn't already have all this greenworks stuff, I'd probably do Ego.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I haven't used an Ego mower, but I have used the string trimmer. Quality is way higher than my greenworks stuff. If I didn't already have all this greenworks stuff, I'd probably do Ego.
i used a ego trimmer too, felt really heavy to me, but still well built (i'm sure it was the massive battery) yea if i wasn't tied into ryobi i'd go ego too, i mean i even have a ryobi cultivator

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I got a Ryobi mower that’s I think a tier up from the one Lanx linked. At the beginning of spring last year, the first time we brought it out for our first mow, some part in it blew. Ended up needing to get a warranty repair on it and was without it for a couple months. Have to go to folks specifically able to do Ryobi repairs and I shit you not, there was only one place within 100 miles of me that was authorized, or whatever. Thank god, it ended up being some dude 20min away from me working out of his garage. Saw a ton of other Ryobi mowers there, and all were there for the same part that blew on mine. Haven’t had any issues since that part was swapped out, though, but just a word of warning it can happen.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I have no fucking idea. But I will be here tomorrow when they come to run the new line and I will be looking at what they pull out.
also to clarify, when we replaced the outdoor unit, we replaced the line set. 2 years ago, it had a leak that allowed all the coolant to leak out. Last year it was fine. This year , leak allowed all the coolant out so rather than trying to band aid it again, it's being replaced.
Nice I'm replying to myself! Crazy , who's crazy?

Monday they told me the line set was not in stock locally and they had to run out of town to pick it up. They would have it for install Wednesday (today) 1st thing. I asked what 1st thing was to them and was told 7:30am. So at 8am when no one had showed I call, and they don't know what I am talking about. Long story short I chew the service manager a new asshole. I have 4 people at my house in 30 minutes and I now have AC again. The line set where it goes under the house was ran through the ground here which has a lot of rock (think gravel - or if you've ever been to the Vegas area, just look outside). Over time the on / off pressure rubbed completely through the insulation / copper and caused a leak. They dug the entire area out and filled it with play sand so I should be good to go. Raising hell / being aggravated did have one good thing though - they knocked $725 off the price.

If you guys are all reading this and thinking 'why would you do business with these guys' , well it's because there are only 2 AC companies local and they both suck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Nah they are compatible but do not come with them flex batteries.
this one does, has shitty reviews

764bb4512c58ccae60d162ce38cd43bb.png

but if you are going to get any electric mower i highly advocate for a dual blade/crosscut one, the single blade does not perform as well as the dual blade. (you get a lot more lift w/ the dual blade, i had a single blade on my ryobi for half a year and my biggest complaint was stragglers, that stopped when i got the dual blades (they weren't selling them separate cuz it was too new))

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
this one does, has shitty reviews

764bb4512c58ccae60d162ce38cd43bb.png

but if you are going to get any electric mower i highly advocate for a dual blade/crosscut one, the single blade does not perform as well as the dual blade. (you get a lot more lift w/ the dual blade, i had a single blade on my ryobi for half a year and my biggest complaint was stragglers, that stopped when i got the dual blades (they weren't selling them separate cuz it was too new))
Yeah I didn't consider that one as it had terrible reviews. Was only looking at their regular battery ones. I'll keep reading, the new house will have Bermuda and it seems most say you need to mow twice a week with the electric to not bog down even with the dual blade higher torque EGO. I'll probably end up buying a Honda and call it good at least it will last till I'm dead lol. Thanks for all the info everyone!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I still use my EGO edger, trimmer, and blower. But I also moved to a backpack blower and really only use the hand blower after cutting and edging. Backpack for leaves in the fall.

All the reading about the mowers just didn't excite me and we have about 3/4 an acre to cut. So I just got a gas powered Craftsman from Lowes. Pretty sure it was the M110. It was a Briggs engine one. Has been fine for three years.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have no desire to buy an electric mower, but I do wonder how well they would cut for people that buy them during the times of the year in the south when you might need to mow your yard twice a week when it rains a bunch in the summer, most people stretch it out and instead end up cutting much taller/thicker grass. I'd like to see how electric mowers do on that stuff.