Home Theater/Game Room Thread

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sure, sure, stick with your "surround" sound bar under your TV. I'll keep enjoying my 7.1.4 Atmos set up with actual speakers
Post a pic of your setup, sounds great. I suppose I'm running 7.2.4 but I have 6 total subs and then each seat has its own transducer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Polk makes some nice stuff, I have their OWM's for my living room (that I need to get a new reciver for) and before that I had a L/R/C set of TSi100's - I have taken the L/R of those TSi's to work and plugged them to a little 2.0 amp and to my computer - these things are so so nice.

If I ever make up a home office again, I would love to get some of the higher end Polks - I know there are things better than Polk - but to me their price/performance is one of the best.

• 1Like

Deebo

Molten Core Raider
Polk makes some nice stuff, I have their OWM's for my living room (that I need to get a new reciver for) and before that I had a L/R/C set of TSi100's - I have taken the L/R of those TSi's to work and plugged them to a little 2.0 amp and to my computer - these things are so so nice.

If I ever make up a home office again, I would love to get some of the higher end Polks - I know there are things better than Polk - but to me their price/performance is one of the best.
I'm a big fan of Polk, I have been using a set of Monitor 70's for about 10 years or so. I think my center is a T30, rears are OWM3's, and a PSW 505 sub. Im not even sure what would be a good upgrade for the money. I got very good deals on my current stuff.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

I'm a big fan of Polk, I have been using a set of Monitor 70's for about 10 years or so. I think my center is a T30, rears are OWM3's, and a PSW 505 sub. Im not even sure what would be a good upgrade for the money. I got very good deals on my current stuff.

I need to get a Polk sub once i get a new amp my current sub is a Sony that i got 10” or12 open box at Best Buy for like 75$

I think Polk is the best bang for the buck - but i am no audiophile just a bro enjoying nice sound

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Post a pic of your setup, sounds great. I suppose I'm running 7.2.4 but I have 6 total subs and then each seat has its own transducer.

Why don't you come see it and hear it for yourself.

We can watch this in 2160p Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos

1713540067422.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My speakers are all Polk except for a Klipsch 12" subwoofer that I picked up on a black Friday deal a couple of years ago. I still have my old 8" Polk subwoofer sitting around. Would there be any reason to hook it up next to the 12" or maybe stick it somewhere else in the room? I hate selling shit on Facebook.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why don't you come see it and hear it for yourself.

We can watch this in 2160p Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos
If you lived anywhere near me I would. I don't think I have ever seen Dolby Vision. I think some projectors are just now starting to include it. Not sure if it was a licensing issue or a technology issue. Mine can do HDR but not DV.

En Sabah Nur

Peasant
If you lived anywhere near me I would. I don't think I have ever seen Dolby Vision. I think some projectors are just now starting to include it. Not sure if it was a licensing issue or a technology issue. Mine can do HDR but not DV.
Most projectors aren’t bright enough to get much of a benefit from HDR in the first place. Only the higher end laser projectors are getting there.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I don't know shit about Dolby vision other than the rips look green / purple like was shown before. Is there a VLC type program that can play them correctly or is this a hardware thing? Also does it look THAT much better? I don't have the $$$ to be an audiophile any more nor the space for a home theater so PC / Living room tv is it for me.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't know shit about Dolby vision other than the rips look green / purple like was shown before. Is there a VLC type program that can play them correctly or is this a hardware thing? Also does it look THAT much better? I don't have the $$$ to be an audiophile any more nor the space for a home theater so PC / Living room tv is it for me.

If you're downloading Dolby Vision rips then there are very few devices that can play DV - I had to buy an Nvidia Shield and set up a plex server in order to do so. Is it noticeably different to the equivalent HDR format? No idea.

I was previously playing back direct from my PC to my 2015 LG OLED using madvr to playback regular HDR rips. I upgraded last year to the LG G3 OLED which supported DV, hence getting the Nvidia shield. Using the Nvidia Shield is much less to configure and it mostly just works.

So there's been a noticeable improvement going to a newer top of the range OLED, which is probably responsible for the majority of the improvement rather than DV or any newer HDR format.

I am not autistic so I would never download a movie in DV and HDR to do a side by side test.

I am not autistic.

• 1Wow!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My TV does HDR and Dolby Vision. Not many things are in DV though. It looks spectacular.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I looked last night and it doesn't matter , my monitors are not DV compatible. All I really knew about it was to not download them as the colors are all funky.

Siliconemelons

So i got my ol pioneer receiver going

When i turn it up loud there is static and hissing, if you pause the movie or whatever the hiss continues for a moment then goes away

It also builds up, once you make it loud the static his starts low then builds

All hdmi inputs into LG OLED then optical out to receiver

Any ideas? Or still just plan on getting a new and 7.2 setup

Also if you want to offload that Polk sub let me know but shipping may be dumb

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
this might be dumb idea but did you try plugging it into a different circuit to test it out? Sounds like a power issue, likely with the amp itself but perhaps an issue with the circuit.