Hostages

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I went into this with low expectations, especially after watching it at the tail end of a viewing session that included HIMYM and the mostly disappointing Blacklist and was pleasantly surprised, it wasn't bad!

Toni Collete plus a mostly recognisable from other shows background crew give it a decent cast and the only thing I'd really quibble about is wondering if a surgeon who will be operating on the President would be allowed home on her own the night before? I know they are portraying the big fella as doing it as some kind of man-of-the-people act though so perhaps that handwaves it all away.

There appears to be no early smoke and mirrors as such, right from the off we know who is behind it which is a nice change of pace.

I'm genuinely interested in watching next week to see how everyone reacts around what happened at the end.

p.s. Apologies if there was a thread, I didn't see one going back 3-4 pages so hopefully I'm not a crazy old blind person.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I enjoyed it for what it will be. Nothing super complicated.

I do find some things forced, the pot dealer and pregnancy are there to create filler for future episodes. How does a team that did all the research they do not find out the kid is working with a pot dealer first of all.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I've just read this is 15 episodes so I have real hope they actually do this right without shenanigans to hit a second season. Then again reading about the thrashing it took in the ratings to Blacklist that might not be on the cards anyway.

Cybsled

Unless they decide to go the Homeland route, not sure how they could stretch it beyond 1 season.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This was just awful compared to The Blacklist, and Hostages isn't only going head-to-head against that show; they're both up against Castle as well. The opening sequence was utterly ridiculous, and the idea that the President's surgeon and her family wouldn't have Secret Service protection undermines the entire premise of the show.

I don't see them even getting close to the 15 episode mark, let alone ever having to worry about what to do for a season 2.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
This was just awful compared to The Blacklist, and Hostages isn't only going head-to-head against that show; they're both up against Castle as well. The opening sequence was utterly ridiculous, and the idea that the President's surgeon and her family wouldn't have Secret Service protection undermines the entire premise of the show.

I don't see them even getting close to the 15 episode mark, let alone ever having to worry about what to do for a season 2.
Castle doesn't get good ratings last year they got pretty bad, so there is a chance it can Get some decent viewers.

I like the Dylan McDermott as a TV actor. I'll keep watching.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I thought the second episode was rather weak but this weeks was much better. I still think it shits all over the preposterous nonsense that is Blacklist but the ratings certainly don't agree with me
smile.png

Will be interesting to see the face off when Dylan McTraitoragent finds out she has met his daughter.

Not sure how they can drag it on for 12 more episodes tbh without it getting silly, I will admit that so I'm hoping they come up with some inventive shit.