House of the Dragon

Wintermute

<Charitable Administrator>
3.07 star(s) Rating: 3.07/5 15 Votes
Title: House of the Dragon

Genre: Drama, Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Creator: George R. R. Martin, Ryan Condal

Cast: Paddy Considine, Olivia Cooke, Matt Smith, Emma D'Arcy, Rhys Ifans, Steve Toussaint, Eve Best, Sonoya Mizuno

Overview: The prequel series finds the Targaryen dynasty at the absolute apex of its power, with more than 15 dragons under their yoke. Most empires—real and imagined—crumble from such heights. In the case of the Targaryens, their slow fall begins almost 193 years before the events of Game of Thrones, when King Viserys Targaryen breaks with a century of tradition by naming his daughter Rhaenyra heir to the Iron Throne. But when Viserys later fathers a son, the court is shocked when Rhaenyra retains her status as his heir, and seeds of division sow friction across the realm.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Matt Smith with bleach blonde hair is literally the PERFECT cast for a Targ. He has that touch of autism, the look of incest in him. And has crazy eyes, reminds me of the guy they casted to play Danys brother in GoT. Hope this is awesome.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
GRRM is never going to write another book ever. Why the fuck would he even bother at this point? The money just keeps rolling in.

• 3Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
GRRM is never going to write another book ever. Why the fuck would he even bother at this point? The money just keeps rolling in.
1619793424071.png

Money and hot bitches, yo.

• 3Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

He just signed a 60m deal for this House of the Dragon shit last month. And other future projects.
1619815530774.png

The book doesn't pay 60 M's

He's also got multiple film projects in the works outside of HBO.

1619815472869.png

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All future Game of Thrones series in development as a result of this new deal.

1619815592638.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
When's the Strong Belwas experience being released. I could watch that shit.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
He just signed a 60m deal for this House of the Dragon shit last month. And other future projects.
View attachment 351967

The book doesn't pay 60 M's

He's also got multiple film projects in the works outside of HBO.

View attachment 351966

Its ironic that Martin left TV writing because the budgets of TV shows were too constraining for his imagination...Then his work ends up back on TV and the production company is willing to give the show runners an almost unlimited budget and the ability to extend the series almost endlessly, but the show runners refused because their imagination was far more constrained than the budget.

If I was Martin, I'd probably cash the fuck out after that too. Fuck em all.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hard pass. its amazing that EVERYONE gets the concept of this IP except the people making the TV show. was that discount Matt Smith or actual Matt Smith? is there a difference?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Lol they literally cast a black dude as a Targaryan and gave him platinum blond dreads

I'm convinced the simulation is just trolling us at this point

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
hard pass. its amazing that EVERYONE gets the concept of this IP except the people making the TV show. was that discount Matt Smith or actual Matt Smith? is there a difference?
Actual Matt Smith.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ill watch this for sure but the teaser didnt really do anything to get me excited about it.

• 1Garbage
TV show information provided by The Movie Database