How do I alter an image?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I'm a complete newb when it comes to graphical stuff. I don't have photoshop or anything. Just MS Paint & MS Word.

I'm trying to take an image of myself and give it a transparent circular background. That'll look nicer when placed on a business card or whatever.

I can make it using the MS Word/Paint combo, but doing so alters the texture of my shirt for whatever reason. And it just looks goofy. Would one of you be willing to do this modification for me?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Does GIMP still exist? That's how I always used to edit stuff without having to get a copy of photoshop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
So I'm a complete newb when it comes to graphical stuff. I don't have photoshop or anything. Just MS Paint & MS Word.

I'm trying to take an image of myself and give it a transparent circular background. That'll look nicer when placed on a business card or whatever.

I can make it using the MS Word/Paint combo, but doing so alters the texture of my shirt for whatever reason. And it just looks goofy. Would one of you be willing to do this modification for me?
If your doing this for a pro sample, take a new photo behind a green or black drop. I think you bald shave? So you don't have to worry about hair, but get a nice all Matt backdrop

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If your doing this for a pro sample, take a new photo behind a green or black drop. I think you bald shave? So you don't have to worry about hair, but get a nice all Matt backdrop
My head shots are already done. One is white, the other is a grayish backdrop. I'm not trying to put a background on. I just want to circle the picture.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
My head shots are already done. One is white, the other is a grayish backdrop. I'm not trying to put a background on. I just want to circle the picture.
Circle portrait, like this?
Trish-Nash-Headshot.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
You need a picture editing tool that has layers. Make sure the background layer has no fill (transparent).

Picture layer on the top, use a circle select tool to make the circle around your picture, then select inverse. Then delete the inverse selection.

Save as PNG

Or just send it to me and I'll do it.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think you should just put the lady in Lanx's picture on your card. She looks like she can sell a house.